Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
shayguy

Aerial torpedoes do not hit after arming.

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

26
[OO7]
Members
13 posts
10,177 battles

Hello all, I was reviewing my old clips from update 9.5 and I found this one. I was not sure if it as a bug or maybe a user error. 
Essentially, I was playing Hakuryu and I was attacking a Musashi. You clearly see that the torps in the clip arm, but then proceed to do no damage when they hit the ship. 

Did this happen to anyone else?
https://www.twitch.tv/shayguy_/clip/FaintSolidDragonfruitJonCarnage?filter=clips&range=all&sort=time

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
68
[PN]
WoWS Community Contributors
129 posts
5,999 battles

Could it be the same issue with ghost shells? where it clips the island at some point and looks like its still going but they actually dont exists? i mean its funny these issues still happen to this day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,816
[WORX]
Members
10,759 posts
18,591 battles

According to the video, few things...

  1. Torps did not arm.
  2. The ship turned into the torp enough for them not to arm.

Before you launch the torps you were safe arming distance.. That split sec in where you let go of the torps, the ship turned in between 5 to 8 sec mark.

You can barely see the ship turn in slightly as you and the camera fly away...

That is why, your torps were a dud. The angle the ship was moving relative to your attack, amount to the hair pin miscalculation to occur.

IF you would've got him from his right side from the get go, you got him.

 

Edited by Navalpride33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26
[OO7]
Members
13 posts
10,177 battles
8 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

According to the video, few things...

  1. Torps did not arm.
  2. The ship turned into the torp enough for them not to arm.

Before you launch the torps you were safe arming distance.. That split sec in where you let go of the torps, the ship turned in between 5 to 8 sec mark.

You can barely see the ship turn in slightly as you and the camera fly away...

That is why, your torps were a dud. The angle the ship was moving relative to your attack, amount to the hair pin miscalculation to occur.

IF you would've got him from his right side from the get go, you got him.

 

That is not what I am reporting as a bug.
When torps arm you see that little green triangle on top of them. 
That green triangle was there and they did not do any damage. 

If they did not arm, fine. But according to that clip those torps armed.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,816
[WORX]
Members
10,759 posts
18,591 battles
6 minutes ago, shayguy said:

That is not what I am reporting as a bug.
When torps arm you see that little green triangle on top of them. 
That green triangle was there and they did not do any damage. 

If they did not arm, fine. But according to that clip those torps armed.
 

Nope, they did not arm.. The ship turned into the torps at the 5sec to 8 sec mark...

If the ship would've not going at that angle, the green marks would've appeared and you got him... From what I saw in the video, no green marks were present, the ship turned into the torps to prevent them from aiming.

What you are seeing are the white trails... The green indicator of arm torps, never showed up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26
[OO7]
Members
13 posts
10,177 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Nope, they did not arm.. The ship turned into the torps at the 5sec to 8 sec mark...

If the ship would've not going at that angle, the green marks would've appeared and you got him... From what I saw in the video, no green marks were present, the ship turned into the torps to prevent them from aiming.

What you are seeing are the white trails... The green indicator of arm torps, never showed up...

Can you please take another look at the video? I would not have made that reaction on stream if I didn't see the green triangles. There is a picture attached if you would like to take a closer look.

image.png.278f243a34f09f99c3fc7ee61f896b6d.png

Edited by shayguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,816
[WORX]
Members
10,759 posts
18,591 battles
1 minute ago, shayguy said:

Can you please take another look at the video, please? I would not have made that reaction on stream if I didn't see the green triangles. There is a picture attached if you would like to take a closer look.

image.png.278f243a34f09f99c3fc7ee61f896b6d.png

I did, over 5 times...

From 0 to 4 sec

  • Your Approach already gave me suspicions as to where this was heading... The ship is not moving in a straight line, he is moving toward you.. You have an island to the left of you, I am thinking you better aim and calculate correctly. OR its not going to end good.
  • Aiming. Your aiming did not compensate for the ship moving towered you already AND for him turning to your torps.

From the 5sec to 8 sec mark.

  • No green marks were present before hit the ship OR during its travel.
  • All I can see from the vantage point is the white tail streaks behind... Never did a green marks appeared to indicate it was armed...

The only bug you may have a leg to argue about is the arming time of the torps were to long... But then I dont know what to say because I dont know the aiming time for aerial torps.

This is like the NFL not having the camera angle to resolve a disputed bang bang touchdown play.

The pic shows one thing but the clip shows the other.. Since video is more conclusive then the pic, I have to go with what the video shows... The video did not show any definitive  green triangle as you shown in the pic..

I have to agree with the video, the video is conclusive... Dud torps.. :cap_look:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,189
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,177 posts
9,512 battles

This is a situation where the torps are at the extreme point of being armed and actually hit the ship before being armed however for some reason the green markers would still appear simultaneously.

 

It has happened to me a couple of times since they were at the extreme edge of the torps being armed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[GGWP]
Members
9 posts
3,670 battles
36 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I did, over 5 times...

From 0 to 4 sec

  • Your Approach already gave me suspicions as to where this was heading... The ship is not moving in a straight line, he is moving toward you.. You have an island to the left of you, I am thinking you better aim and calculate correctly. OR its not going to end good.
  • Aiming. Your aiming did not compensate for the ship moving towered you already AND for him turning to your torps.

From the 5sec to 8 sec mark.

  • No green marks were present before hit the ship OR during its travel.
  • All I can see from the vantage point is the white tail streaks behind... Never did a green marks appeared to indicate it was armed...

The only bug you may have a leg to argue about is the arming time of the torps were to long... But then I dont know what to say because I dont know the aiming time for aerial torps.

This is like the NFL not having the camera angle to resolve a disputed bang bang touchdown play.

The pic shows one thing but the clip shows the other.. Since video is more conclusive then the pic, I have to go with what the video shows... The video did not show any definitive  green triangle as you shown in the pic..

I have to agree with the video, the video is conclusive... Dud torps.. :cap_look:

There are literally two green triangles in the picture, meaning they armed. Therefore, it is a bug that the torps did not hit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,816
[WORX]
Members
10,759 posts
18,591 battles
1 minute ago, bobthedonutt said:

There are literally two green triangles in the picture, meaning they armed. Therefore, it is a bug that the torps did not hit. 

Not in the video.At least it was not clear as the pic suggest... Therefor, Dud torps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,090
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,039 posts
11,620 battles
1 hour ago, shayguy said:

That is not what I am reporting as a bug.
When torps arm you see that little green triangle on top of them. 
That green triangle was there and they did not do any damage. 

If they did not arm, fine. But according to that clip those torps armed.
 

It's a matter of milliseconds basically - the 'armed' triangle will pop up but there is still an insanely small window where they haven't actually fully armed. Why you can't drop right on the line and have to take in to account any turn into the torps that will shorten the space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
73
[KOBK]
Members
241 posts
4,109 battles

The Musashi is turning left to take the torpedos before they arm. Also, the drop was too close

image.png.d224f316dacca47001c0351464d1e6c4.png

Musashi keep turning and she take the torpedo with miliseconds before they arm. Even if you see the triangle, which is pretty difficult to see unless set to 0,25, its less than a quarter second which means the visual is on but not the damage. I dont think its a bug, but you can create a ticket if you dislike it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,892
[WPORT]
Members
5,531 posts
10,535 battles
4 hours ago, shayguy said:

Hello all, I was reviewing my old clips from update 9.5 and I found this one. I was not sure if it as a bug or maybe a user error. 
Essentially, I was playing Hakuryu and I was attacking a Musashi. You clearly see that the torps in the clip arm, but then proceed to do no damage when they hit the ship. 

Did this happen to anyone else?
https://www.twitch.tv/shayguy_/clip/FaintSolidDragonfruitJonCarnage?filter=clips&range=all&sort=time

 

User error.

Torpedoes were launched too late and did not arm before contacting the ship's hull.

Fractions of a second too late, but that's how it looks to me.

Plus, as @Nabucodonosor21 pointed out, the ship's maneuvers ate up more of the distance the torpedoes needed to arm.  Torps hit at the widest part of the hull, which shaves off some arming distance when compared to the forward part of the bow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[QQ7]
Members
6 posts
5,090 battles

you can clearly see the 2 green triangles

imagine having some 1100 pr player tell you that you need to aim better when you can clearly see that the torpedoes had the "armed" triangle 

i didnt need to slow down the video at all to see the triangles, i can plainly pause the video and see

this is desync, not arming delay 

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×