Jump to content
Admiral_Thrawn_1

How To Avoid Chat Bans

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,497
[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

When you see a shall we say “willfully clueless” player that many members of the community would  feel are greatly deserving of choice Insults that will likely violate the EULA. Just have this meme sitting next to your computer as the player your annoyed with just might fit this meme perfectly. So just let this thought cross your mind in such moments, you can save the time of dealing insults, save yourself from getting a ban, and just look at all the time and trouble you save... :Smile_trollface:

(Hearing how some players can let their tempers get the better of them and seeing this meme I could not resist sharing it lol.)

064EF12A-B654-4F7E-A038-BE051C7FFA1D.thumb.jpeg.e4827be59fb285765469a306fc437092.jpeg

  • Funny 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,953
[TBW]
Members
10,292 posts
17,487 battles

Besides it sucks to insult some one and then have to explain the insult to them any way.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,849
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,445 posts
14,165 battles

LOL but realistically how you say things has a lot, heck it is everything, about what you said is taken. With something this, "You were stupid to do that, and should have gone to X.", everything after stupid is invisible and only angers the person you were talking to. However something like this, "It didn't work well going there, you should have gone to X.", is most likely going to be read to the end and has a much better chance of being listened to.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

LOL but realistically how you say things has a lot, heck it is everything, about what you said is taken. With something this, "You were stupid to do that, and should have gone to X.", everything after stupid is invisible and only angers the person you were talking to. However something like this, "It didn't work well going there, you should have gone to X.", is most likely going to be read to the end and has a much better chance of being listened to.

Yeah that is why I politely encourage players to do things, offer to help them, try to coordinate, ect. Instead of sounding like I yelling at them in any way shape or form. And I do notice I have better results more often than when an angry insulting player is trying to get the team to do things.

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,849
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,445 posts
14,165 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah that is why I politely encourage players to do things, offer to help them, try to coordinate, ect. Instead of sounding like I yelling at them in any way shape or form. And I do notice I have better results more often than when an angry insulting player is trying to get the team to do things.

When I say something when the team fell flat on its face I always include myself no matter how good I personally played.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

When I say something when the team fell flat on its face I always include myself no matter how good I personally played.

Yeah that is often the good way to do it, although once in a while I leave myself out of the glam like in battles where I scored High Caliber, Kraken Unleashed, Confederate, Some Dev strikes, and pesos some other achievements. Would sound like a lie if I said I did not play well in the rare cases that such a battle coincides with a losing battle. But then again I am typically too busy if still alive to be typing much in chat anyway in such a battle. But rest of the time including ourselves in the blames is not a bad way to go, then again there is the third category where you had 1 or more illegal bots on your Random or Ranked team in which case they take full blame lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,849
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,445 posts
14,165 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah that is often the good way to do it, although once in a while I leave myself out of the glam like in battles where I scored High Caliber, Kraken Unleashed, Confederate, Some Dev strikes, and pesos some other achievements. Would sound like a lie if I said I did not play well in the rare cases that such a battle coincides with a losing battle. But then again I am typically too busy if still alive to be typing much in chat anyway in such a battle. But rest of the time including ourselves in the blames is not a bad way to go, then again there is the third category where you had 1 or more illegal bots on your Random or Ranked team in which case they take full blame lol.

True, so true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×