You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Report Option - Player is Stupid - I need it

13 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,446 posts

This is of course tongue-in-cheek... but I'd like an option to "Report player for stupidity". 

When you implement this new option, you also need to ensure we can report our self. 

tia :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Members
103 posts
2,727 battles

Ha, I'd be reporting myself more than once.

Also need to add "You're playing like poo because you need sleep... Go To Bed!!!" for Mr. Announcer  (would be even better if Jingles said it in his own special way)

• Funny 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,695 posts
23 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

This is of course tongue-in-cheek... but I'd like an option to "Report player for stupidity". 

I'd run out every day. 

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,446 posts
19 minutes ago, Lylanthwol said:

Also need to add "You're playing like poo because you need sleep... Go To Bed!!!" for Mr. Announcer  (would be even better if Jingles said it in his own special way)

Now that's funnier than ****... they could do it too... check the time in game and the time playing, and when the player does a dumb move, your announcer message is played. 

Come to think of it... they could analyze a players moves, position, etc... and provide FEEDBACK to the player, as in: 

1. DDs are not your best ship
  2. You are broadside to seven red ships
  3. Turn your AAA off while in smoke
  4. You are naked - get a camo next mission

Pretty sure it could get really crazy - but the feedback concept might actually help the game play better... sort of an on-ship tutor. 

• Cool 2

Members
103 posts
2,727 battles
2 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

You are broadside to seven red ships

Good one

"Hey dummy, I know you're trying to cap but your team isn't supporting you and you just got spotted by the CV.  That number in the little circle, when that reads 8... that's bad"

• Haha 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,322 posts
3,760 battles
22 minutes ago, Lylanthwol said:

Lol, I need a warning on port screen... "Don't play while stressed"

• Cool 2

[DERP]
Beta Testers
64 posts
4,267 battles

I laugh, but it's so true.  Perhaps we can get a 

"Needs remedial training" report.  

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,384 posts
14,152 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

When you implement this new option, you also need to ensure we can report our self. 

tia :cap_haloween:

I have done something stupid often enough that reporting myself was a thought.

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
742 posts
6,677 battles

Report for drinking and warship playing.. cuz you know that bad choice to fling torps may be my beer taking charge of decision making lol.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,865 posts
17,905 battles
3 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

The ability to know when you've effed up is perhaps one of the most important traits of a good player.  It is one of the crucial seeds that make a player better.  Introspection...learning form it..improving from it...only makes you better.

When I first started playing, I had lots of "That was stupid moments".  After many years, I still have them.  Not as many as long ago...but they still happen.  I think I've made a good move...then it dawns on me...not only was it NOT a good move...it was downright atrocious.  That moment you realize...Oh S*%^, how embarrassing...I really messed that one up. 

And it's most painful when you realize you cost the game.  Even when you top out...sometimes with otherwise stellar performance.  Like the top notch receiver who has scored six touchdowns in the game, made herculean catches...but drops the game winner in the final seconds.  WTH...what did I just do...cost us the game.  Idiot! 

• Cool 1

[FAE]
Members
2,609 posts
3,586 battles

Heck you should get the dummy report when you have 4 ships shooting at you. 

Also dummy announcement when you die in the first 3 minutes of the game. I'm tired of people doing that. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,695 posts
2 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

The ability to know when you've effed up is perhaps one of the most important traits of a good player.  It is one of the crucial seeds that make a player better.  Introspection...learning form it..improving from it...only makes you better.

When I first started playing, I had lots of "That was stupid moments".  After many years, I still have them.  Not as many as long ago...but they still happen.  I think I've made a good move...then it dawns on me...not only was it NOT a good move...it was downright atrocious.  That moment you realize...Oh S*%^, how embarrassing...I really messed that one up. 

And it's most painful when you realize you cost the game.  Even when you top out...sometimes with otherwise stellar performance.  Like the top notch receiver who has scored six touchdowns in the game, made herculean catches...but drops the game winner in the final seconds.  WTH...what did I just do...cost us the game.  Idiot! 

There's also the danger of success bias.  

Sometimes, one does something stupid and gets away with it -- too many people mistake that for a good decision.

Sometimes, one does the exact right thing given what they know, and things still go wrong --- too many people mistake that for a bad decision.  

Members
103 posts
2,727 battles

Sadly appropriate.  

For the first time I ended up submitting a ticket on a player who went the the ceremony of graduation steps of complaining>harassing>trying to sink teammates.

Karma I suppose for joking about the stupid stuff I do from time to time.

<sigh>