Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grimm262

Kleber the torpedo boat? New UU coming

7 comments in this topic

Members
348 posts
5,767 battles

From today's Dev Blog

X Kléber (Slot 6) 

• -20% to ship's detectability 
  • + 80% to main battery reload time 

The UU offers an alternative to X Kléber’s artillery focused gameplay: high-speed, close-range torpedo boat with quick torpedo reload. The ship’s detectability will be comparable to that of other destroyers at the same Tier, but the ship will lose a significant part of her artillery damage per minute.  

Tempting but the hit to main battery reload time seems harsh. Saw in another thread a concealment build will get her down to about 6.2km detection. What does everyone think?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,440 posts
14,189 battles

8km torp with 6.7km concealment? Maybe. 6-torp broadside may not be enough at T10 though.

[UKN]
Members
102 posts
7,813 battles

Pretty crap upgrade. Honestly I you can use islands to migigate the concealment when ambushing. All this upgrade does is help people who rush in open water, and don't use cover smartly. The gun reload is just painful. Kleber is a pretty decent torp platform as-is.

[UKN]
Members
102 posts
7,813 battles
14 hours ago, chewonit said:

8km torp with 6.7km concealment? Maybe. 6-torp broadside may not be enough at T10 though.

The torps do hit for 18.4 k. So ~110k alpha. Also the torp angles and speed are god-tier. 

Edited by Quantumphysics333
  • Cool 1

[ICO]
Members
98 posts
10,137 battles
On 7/7/2020 at 7:28 AM, Quantumphysics333 said:

Pretty crap upgrade. Honestly I you can use islands to migigate the concealment when ambushing. All this upgrade does is help people who rush in open water, and don't use cover smartly. The gun reload is just painful. Kleber is a pretty decent torp platform as-is.

The Kleber is better off the way it is now, it won't be able to defend itself from other DD's with the upgrade in question. Radar will render this upgrade pretty much useless and Kleber won't be able to brawl or defend itself against other DD's, you will have to run for your life. 

Edited by Systemlord_1
  • Cool 1

Members
348 posts
5,767 battles

And this really points out the limitations of the new RB system.

Under the old system I would eventually get this UU myself since i enjoy playing the ship. Under the new system, I am not likely to invest my hard earned RB points into a UU that is likely substandard.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this