You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hunter_Steel

Kitakami is Making a Return....

25 comments in this topic

[ARP]
[ARP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,348 posts
4,747 battles

But at Tier 10.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/46?fbclid=IwAR28yHlhvhSVyy-JDRbFTpLL_KLYatwM6O2fgjKzB3UXDepo3o8Jrd6IwJM

Dev Blog today.

Time for dem skill wall memes bois

~Hunter

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF7]
Members
236 posts
7,150 battles

As tier 10 I foresee it coming for coal, steel, or 2 Million free xp, even Research bureau points. Many people Will get it and be frustrated, with the amount of radar and CV on tier 10 and the fragility of the ship it wont last long. The thin armor Will help It with overpens, like Smolenks. But a good HE salvo Will wipe It.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,088 posts
4,341 battles

People been asking (half joking) for years. Devs never said it was gone. Always expected it to return. Honestly people probably are more excited for her than the USN BBs.

Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
1 hour ago, Hunter_Steel said:

But at Tier 10.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/46?fbclid=IwAR28yHlhvhSVyy-JDRbFTpLL_KLYatwM6O2fgjKzB3UXDepo3o8Jrd6IwJM

Dev Blog today.

~Hunter

a ship from the past, rasputin resurrected him, to serve him

Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
1 hour ago, Hunter_Steel said:

But at Tier 10.

Dev Blog today.

~Hunter

10.6 Dect is too high, give it Zao dect. and it could be a powerful ship. 

[KRAK]
Members
3,727 posts
22,437 battles
2 minutes ago, lordholland4293 said:

10.6 Dect is too high, give it Zao dect. and it could be a powerful ship. 

That is the basic detection you can still lower it with Captain skill and module.

Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
8 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

That is the basic detection you can still lower it with Captain skill and module.

forgot that part, so a Zao but with more torps simple enough 

[SYN]
Members
15,968 posts
12,803 battles

8.32km max concleament with T8 Fubuki torps?

(Theory crafting its usage)

15km torps might seem good, until you realize they are 57 knots. Those torps were quite bad on T8 Fubuki, even when launched inside of 8km, since they were so slow.

Now, factor in that Kitakami tops out at 32 knots, the speed of most ships in T10, the majority of map designs in higher tiers and you suddenly realize it has a very poor stats to get its main tool to use.

While I do see great potential in divisions, particularly when paired with a radar mino or the likes, the main thing Kitakami does best is area denial by kiting or flanking. Kitakami offers almost no pushing power at all, while simultaneously being incredibly good at hammering lemming trains.

The current design of Kitakami is a glass "wall", if you would. Incredible stopping power, but extremely easily defeated in many possible ways.

I highly suspect they will try it with 20km Asashio DWT in another iteration.

Edited by MrDeaf
  • Meh 1

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

"Additionally, we understand there might be concerns about the ship dealing damage to allies, and we plan to take them into account when the ship will be released."

Very curious, what they come up with.

[BOMBL]
[BOMBL]
Beta Testers
336 posts
20,865 battles

if we had it already in the past does not mean we get it for free now??????

i doubt it

[ENDO]
Members
201 posts
5,411 battles

Ahhh. The hard counter to HE smoke spammers. 15km torps with narrow spread? Super Halland mode. Lol

[WOLF7]
Members
236 posts
7,150 battles
8 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

15km torps might seem good, until you realize they are 57 knots. Those torps were quite bad on T8 Fubuki, even when launched inside of 8km, since they were so slow.

Now, factor in that Kitakami tops out at 32 knots, the speed of most ships in T10, the majority of map designs in higher tiers and you suddenly realize it has a very poor stats to get its main tool to use.

While I do see great potential in divisions, particularly when paired with a radar mino or the likes, the main thing Kitakami does best is area denial by kiting or flanking. Kitakami offers almost no pushing power at all, while simultaneously being incredibly good at hammering lemming trains.

The current design of Kitakami is a glass "wall", if you would. Incredible stopping power, but extremely easily defeated in many possible ways.

Configure It with TAE and module and It Will have 67 knot torpedos with 12 km range. With a 8.32 km concealment, not bad. A good DD player can make It work Very well, until a CV shows up.

Edited by demeflac
Mispell

[SYN]
Members
15,968 posts
12,803 battles
11 minutes ago, demeflac said:

Configure It with TAE and module and It Will have 67 knot torpedos with 12 km range. With a 8.32 km concealment, not bad. A good DD player can make It work Very well, until a CV shows up.

TAE is -10% reload speed

TA is +5 knots, -20% range

So this makes it 12km with 62 knots. 62knots in T10 is very slow

Actually, even a torp boat DD has a very good chance of outgunning Kitakami.

At which point you have to question what Kitakami brings to the table what any other cruiser doesn't.

So I don't really see Kitakami working in its current form, other than for memes.

[WOLF7]
Members
236 posts
7,150 battles
5 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

TAE is -10% reload speed

At which point you have to question what Kitakami brings to the table what any other cruiser doesn't.

So I don't really see Kitakami working in its current form, other than for memes.

Dont forget the module, Torpedo Tubes Modification 1, It gives + 5 % speed. Só It would be 65 knots final, still slow but workable. Sure this ship is Just for memes, not competitive. 

[ARP]
[ARP]
4,348 posts
4,747 battles
11 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

TAE is -10% reload speed

It's a meme bote. I'll play for the memes.

~Hunter

[BUOY]
Members
1,327 posts
16,850 battles

With Kitakami you get to play a 2x Shima, 1x Hayate div in one boat! :fish_cute_2:

[SNGNS]
Members
610 posts
7,034 battles
40 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

TAE is -10% reload speed

also yeah, torps a slow, but that only means you have more time too see the full mass of 20 torps (or 40 if he really wants you dead) coming towards you. the biggest salvo you can expect today is a full shima spread and if the shima aims ok your dead, this is 20 with one side.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,440 posts
14,158 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

They are the same slow [edited], highly detectable torps as Yudachi's in game now. Poi has 16 torp spread with TRB. And almost everyone says she sucks at T7.

Kitakami with 4 more torps per broadside at T10? With cruiser concealment and cidatels? Not going to work. Like. At all.

[UNC]
Members
948 posts
6,399 battles

With a torp reload of over 2 minutes, once this thing has blown its load it should be relatively easy to rush it down.  With only a couple of 140mm guns it won't really be able to defend itself.  Can't see this ship really playing out well at t10, but I guess we'll see.

[SOV]
1,868 posts
9,158 battles

The sea mines torps might be pretty slow, but chucking that many into the areas favored by a lot of players is bound to yield some results. Getting there is going to be the hard part. Now imagine two or three of those on a team, people who didn't get to experience the "torpedo soup" days will get a chance to see what it was like. :Smile_teethhappy: