Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Are Auxiliary Armaments More Fragile These Days?

2 comments in this topic

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles

To be clear this is not a complaint thread, just curious if anyone else has been experiencing this lately.

So it could just RNG trolling me in a different way for couple of weeks or a month, have had RNG give me good long trolling sessions in the past in game. But recently have been noticing I very rapidly lose my AA guns on capital ships, and also had a Zao battle where 1 salvo came in, permanently destroyed 3/4 of my torpedo tubes while incapacitating the 4th, then the very next salvo that came in destroyed the 4th torpedo launcher. Then had 2 turrets incapacitated. And considering I bring Preventative Maintenance and Main Armaments Mod the rate of losing any of my torpedo tubes tends to be rather low, so losing all of them like that is a little unbelievable lol.

And my German and French BBs have been all too rapidly losses no all their AA and secondary gun mounts. ( I check on them periodically throughout battles by using H key.) Had my Bismarck not get hit that much and it’s AA was reduced all the way down to 25%. My Jean Bart now very frequently is visiting 45% or less AA status. And my Yamato which uses Auxiliary Armaments Mod instead of Main Armaments Mod has been getting down to 50-60% AA with ease or sometimes lower when previously it would stay much higher just like any of my other ships.

Now in the past yes I would have the occasional battle where I would have my AA guns fall down to even 0% AA left, but those would be more rare and require a lot more HE pounding than I have gotten in some of the battles recently. Hence the reason I am curious if it’s just RNG trolling me for the time being or if it’s a widespread occurrence that WG may need to recalibrate a bit as once the AA falls below certain percentages even a ship like a Jean Bart will stop shooting down planes.

[UN1]
Members
1,386 posts
4,479 battles

I know Thunderer HE will take out AA and torpedoes like there's no tomorrow. But any time more and more higher caliber HE ships are added, this becomes a greater side-effect.

Sign in to follow this