Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
otakuben

The new US Battleship line looks cool...

25 comments in this topic

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,335 posts
1,977 battles

So about those Italian BB's that many really really REALLY want.

Can we get those some time this year please. My Roma and Ceseare are getting lonely and need more of their fast and beefy brethern to help sling shells.

• Cool 4

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,898 posts
11,584 battles

in due time, theres only so many lines WG can do before they have no choice but to bring in the Italian BBs

Edited by tcbaker777

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
11 minutes ago, ProfessorLumpy said:

The new US Battleship line looks cool...

GJAFfte26odczNZfjcnE_kGUHMPnq7RAcnQy044y

And that is exactly what is going to happen.

I cannot wait to see the forums posts when they are played by the public.  Tears of biblical proportions.

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,335 posts
1,977 battles
32 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

in due time, theres only so many lines WG can do before they have no choice but to bring in the Italian BBs

I know but does it HAVE to be their last resort?

• Cool 1

[SOCOM]
[SOCOM]
Members
636 posts
21,509 battles

What does it matter they will be slow, hard to manuver, high Cits, bad firing angles, Slow reload, fire traps, weak secondaries, High, slow arching shells, etc.

Bias in the game world, really?  I must be mistaken.

(I think they sold Boxer to get boose).

Members
2,763 posts
93 battles
12 minutes ago, ProfessorLumpy said:

Despite my comical gif... Aren't we kinda jumping the gun here? I'm sure not excited, but who knows what will change.

Everybody's been jumping the gun each new line announcement.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

Developers
269 posts
4 battles
4 hours ago, otakuben said:

So about those Italian BB's that many really really REALLY want.

Can we get those some time this year please. My Roma and Ceseare are getting lonely and need more of their fast and beefy brethern to help sling shells.

:Smile_glasses: I mean, we all want our pasta to be perfectly al dente, but on the other hand, we don't want to undercook. Give it some time to boil.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
622 posts
23,320 battles
35 minutes ago, Sub_Octavian said:

:Smile_glasses: I mean, we all want our pasta to be perfectly al dente, but on the other hand, we don't want to undercook. Give it some time to boil.

Soon?  rubs hands...

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
4 hours ago, ProfessorLumpy said:

Despite my comical gif... Aren't we kinda jumping the gun here? I'm sure not excited, but who knows what will change.

Maybe.  The initial statistics aren't promising, however.

It seems that WG have taken a rather dim view on the character of the new US BB split.  They will no doubt pitch the gun calibers as something that will make up for the list of deficiencies these ships possess, some of which will be crippling if left unchanged.

That's the point of the expressed frustration: The devs have apparently decided to make them as bad as they think they can get away with and what people will tolerate.  They almost never use this approach with, for example, newly introduced Russian ship lines and premiums.  In fact, the opposite is true.

[USCG]
Members
574 posts
19,920 battles

Now I’ll probably have to re-grind the Colorado (ugh) so I’ll be ready to jump into the new T8. Think it took me over a year last time because I find the Colorado so painful to operate....

Time to sacrifice some FXP...

Edited by cgbosn4

[STW-A]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,216 posts
17,578 battles
5 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

Now I’ll probably have to re-grind the Colorado (ugh) so I’ll be ready to jump into the new T8. Think it took me over a year last time because I find the Colorado so painful to operate....

I got almost 600 randoms in LoLoRaDo. I just gotta click the button, and hope the new 8 doesn't suck.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,095 posts
18,935 battles
15 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

Then , why grind a line that plays entitely like it?

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,737 posts
21,483 battles
1 hour ago, Kuckoo said:

Maybe.  The initial statistics aren't promising, however.

It seems that WG have taken a rather dim view on the character of the new US BB split.  They will no doubt pitch the gun calibers as something that will make up for the list of deficiencies these ships possess, some of which will be crippling if left unchanged.

That's the point of the expressed frustration: The devs have apparently decided to make them as bad as they think they can get away with and what people will tolerate.  They almost never use this approach with, for example, newly introduced Russian ship lines and premiums.  In fact, the opposite is true.

So WG will balance these potential under performers with super performers when they split the paper Russian BB line! Balance, see?

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,463 posts
7 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

And that is exactly what is going to happen.

I cannot wait to see the forums posts when they are played by the public.  Tears of biblical proportions.

Flamu did call out the designs and penalties against USN ships in a "not allowed to be typed on the forum" statement in his review of the new ships. Strictly for ship balancing of course. 

[TARK]
Members
6,519 posts
2,504 battles
3 hours ago, Sub_Octavian said:

So...<consults spreadsheet of past statements>...

...we can expect the Italian Battleships after West Virginia 44 and the odd tier carriers?

;)

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

[USCG]
Members
574 posts
19,920 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Because it’s there...or will be...

Edited by cgbosn4

[WOLFB]
Members
3,144 posts
7,178 battles

I love US Ships. But for the first time I am not excited about this line at all. WG has really messed this up. Why cant we have a secondary build line? Why cant we use some of the real ships that the Navy had? 

• Cool 1

[VOP]
Members
600 posts
8 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

I am sure WG will find more ways to split existing lines or add obscure navies like the Swiss or Paraguay so we will never get Italian BBs.

[IPC]
Members
8 posts
1,169 battles

Why didn’t Wargaming go into lower tiers? People had done BB splits going back to tier 3/4, I believe. Why a stump?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,078 posts
19,199 battles
2 hours ago, Khafni said:

So WG will balance these potential under performers with super performers when they split the paper Russian BB line! Balance, see?

Your optimistic attitude is showing!

• Haha 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Not sure about anyone else, but I don't plan to.  

IF the three new US BBs launch as they've been previewed, I'll just ignore them, as I've largely ignored the new RU CLs. 

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
17,320 battles

First line that I can specifically declare that I won't be grinding going all the way back to closed beta.

[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,699 battles
1 hour ago, David_Orr said:

Why didn’t Wargaming go into lower tiers? People had done BB splits going back to tier 3/4, I believe. Why a stump?

once wg had a hit game and established adult player base, marketing switched to the little kids, and little kids think bigger is automatedly better

also not as much money in lower tiers for wow

also with the reduced requirements to move up tiers (vs at intro of game) and all event requiring tr5 up less interest for wg or players.

Perhaps low tiers will have a surge in popularity once subs and force fitted into the main game and people flee games with subs. (like they did when the cv change happened)

Sign in to follow this