You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
puckhead77

n00b questions

5 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
122 posts
11,392 battles

Complete n00b here. I got a twitch crate and twitch mission on Friday. I got the crate no problem but I cannot find the twitch mission for the life of me. I may be looking right at it, but my old eyes just do not see it. Any help would be appreciated. 

I am still in the info overload stage, but I am curious as to how I can designate a target via the mini-map, if possible. I see others calling out a section, friendly, or enemy to focus, but I've not found the right guide/video that tells me how to do that. Again, any help is appreciated.

At some point I'll be looking for a clan, but for now I'm just soaking up info and playing co-op, with a few rando's thrown in for good measure. Thanks in advnace.

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
13,349 posts
20,181 battles
3 minutes ago, puckhead77 said:

Complete n00b here. I got a twitch crate and twitch mission on Friday. I got the crate no problem but I cannot find the twitch mission for the life of me. I may be looking right at it, but my old eyes just do not see it. Any help would be appreciated. 

In your port, on the left side... There in a Combat Missions tab... That is where you will find all missions...

• Recurring
  • Dock yard
  • Combat
5 minutes ago, puckhead77 said:

I am still in the info overload stage, but I am curious as to how I can designate a target via the mini-map, if possible. I see others calling out a section, friendly, or enemy to focus, but I've not found the right guide/video that tells me how to do that. Again, any help is appreciated.

You can use the - or + keys to reship the mini map to your liking...

Also, you can press the CTR key (it will give you a mouse curser) then double click on a square to highlight that quadrant you like.

9 minutes ago, puckhead77 said:

At some point I'll be looking for a clan, but for now I'm just soaking up info and playing co-op, with a few rando's thrown in for good measure. Thanks in advnace.

If you're looking for a do nothing clan (a clan that has no expectations, very friendly, not that talkative, with minimal requirements)... I can offer you a spot...

Now if you all ready have some predetermined needs of a clan, then my clan is not for you...

GL

[PRVTR]
Members
1,141 posts
6,402 battles

Welcome to the Forums!

The Twitch missions should pop up in the "Combat Missions" section of the Missions tab. If not, then you probably havent received one.

To designate a section of the minimap, just press Ctrl, hover your mouse over the minimap, and click on the square that you want to designate. If you want to call out a friendly or enemy, just point at them, and you can do one of two things.

a). Press the B key. This will bring up the Quick Command hotbar. Hover your mouse over the "Attention to [X] or Attention to [Y]" portion, and release the B key. This will prompt the command.

b)  Press Ctrl+F3. This is the quick command option without having to actually open up the Quick Command Hotbar.

As for your battles, try and stay in Co-Op as much as possible, until you get the hang of how the game mechanics work. Random battles are generally more chaotic, and should only be seriously considered later. As for a Clan, I'll talk to my clan and ask them if you can join.

Have fun out there!

-Shrayes

[WOLFC]
Members
122 posts
11,392 battles

Thanks for the replies all. I definitely got a twitch mission drop, at least that's what twitch says, but didn't find it in any of the 3 categories on the left side of dockyard. My WG account is tied in fine as I have received 2 twitch crates no problem. Not a big deal.

I figured out how to highlight an enemy ship or friendly, by pointing crosshair at target and hitting 'b' key, then selecting top most option. 

I'll think the clan thing over and appreciate the offers.

[WOLFC]
Members
122 posts
11,392 battles

I received another twitch mission from watching Thursday and found this one in the combat missions. There is nothing that differentiates it from other combat missions so I probably got and finished the first one without realizing what was going on. I am finally getting a handle on all the info/mission/tasks that we have. Grreat game so far.