You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SVTONY

Rank battles...

11 comments in this topic

[-IF-]
Members
2 posts
1,641 battles

I just spent 3 hours and 8 battles and every match was a loss. I slid back 3 ranks. Losing every single match over 3 hours has never happened in the 3 years I've played this game. There is something mechanically broken about this. There has to be, even if the explanation is "I suck", I'm merely one person. I've been in plenty of matches where a handful of people have carried the whole game to victory. My experience tonight doesn't make sense.

Edited by SVTONY
stuff

[FGNE]
Members
960 posts
4,568 battles

Everyone has loosing streaks (and winning streaks) every once in a while, this season I had one, I kept bouncing between ranks 7 and 8; then I stopped, analyzed what I was doing and noticed I wasn’t playing to my ship’s strength, which lead to me not contributing as I should, as soon I changed my approach I broke the loosing streak.

Not to brag but I also had a winning streak this season:

RankedOut.png.5b45751dfe88e9aa2ef7e3e9e8

With that last game I ranked out.

Last season Roon took me to ranks 5 but couldn’t take me further so I changed to Des Moines and ranked out.

So you might need to change your approach to become more influential on the match.

There is also another phenomena. As the season progresses the better players rank out, leaving the not so good ones (or those that started late), so is not uncommon to see players that only seek to save their star rather than seek the win.

Edited by CO_Valle
Grammar
  • Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,586 posts
15,728 battles

My record was one Sunday, three different sessions of five. Ending the day at 0-15. After the first session at 0-5 I walked away. Logged out and walked away. Thought to myself, a trend of less than favorable MM. not happy but, blew it off. 

Came back and tried again. Solo first five attempts, solo second session of five, ending with 0-10. Was really scratching my head over that one. All the while was forced to try and get Naval Battles finished chasing BXP stars. Logged out again and walked away. 

Still had five more attempts to go before that session of NB was over, logged back in and was talking to a clan mate about it. He said it was all in my head. He divisions with me and played five more games. Loss after loss. He kept saying one more time, that we would get one win. After 0-15 I said I was done. 

Even if a person disconnected fifteen games in a row you would think a carry win would occur once. That was not attempting to throw games either. I will confess after first two losses of the third session, the last three games I had little to no confidence in a win at that point.

Not had a streak that bad before or since. They can happen, and if pushed will happen.

[SEA-7]
Members
255 posts
5,175 battles

I got to rank 3 very fast. Then I ran out of time to grind it. I played a bit, but I wasn't able to focus my entire session on ranked. I'd lose two, win two. have to be done. Today was the last two. Meh, I'm good. I don't always have the headspace for ranked.

It can be a real pain when you are so close yet so far, really frustrating and not fun. Time to walk. It's only digital coal. 

[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles

This rank sprint ??? I've seen a lot of sabotage on both sides... Every thing from

• Arm chair Admirals
    • Those players who have less time in the game compared to the battles you have in the ship. Telling you how to play your ship...
  • Suiciders
    • These are ships that go suicide on one cap that no one agreed on. Then complain to the fleet to why no one went to "help" them.. As far as I was concerned, I signed up for Rank, not a rescue mission.
  • Complainers
    • These like the suicide ships, fail to adapt to the situation.
  • The last minute BB failed hero
    • These are the BBs that stay 10km away from the cap. These players are practically useless in a domination pts mod.. They protect their HP, shot at long range, they're just DMG farming to keep the star. While the fleet in front of them are sunk one by one.
  • The DMG former.
    • Regardless of class, these guys are so insecure... They dont want to loss there star, so they rather DMG farm...
  • The intentional saboteur
    • These are the players that sees the team has a higher rank them him, and actively tries to TK that person with high rank... I have seen people intentionally torp the higher ranking ship... Or do anything constructive in the match to win. Why would anyone intentionally sabotage a teammate ??? Its a question best answered by history...

Now if I spent more time in Rank sprint, I would've seen more amusing behaviors... For me, it was fun (for once).

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Meh 2

Members
969 posts
4,025 battles
48 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

This rank sprint ??? I've seen a lot of sabotage on both sides... Every thing from

• Arm chair Admirals
    • Those players who have less time in the game compared to the battles you have in the ship. Telling you how to play your ship...
  • Suiciders
    • These are ships that go suicide on one cap that no one agreed on. Then complain to the fleet to why no one went to "help" them.. As far as I was concerned, I signed up for Rank, not a rescue mission.
  • Complainers
    • These like the suicide ships, fail to adapt to the situation.
  • The last minute BB failed hero
    • These are the BBs that stay 10km away from the cap. These players are practically useless in a domination pts mod.. They protect their HP, shot at long range, they're just DMG farming to keep the star. While the fleet in front of them are sunk one by one.
  • The DMG former.
    • Regardless of class, these guys are so insecure... They dont want to loss there star, so they rather DMG farm...
  • The intentional saboteur
    • These are the players that sees the team has a higher rank them him, and actively tries to TK that person with high rank... I have seen people intentionally torp the higher ranking ship... Or do anything constructive in the match to win. Why would anyone intentionally sabotage a teammate ??? Its a question best answered by history...

Now if I spent more time in Rank sprint, I would've seen more amusing behaviors... For me, it was fun (for once).

Lasy night, I had a CV on my team reverse til he hit the farthest corner, not launching any planes during that time. Then as we're dying with no scouting, he launches planes & says "fk team".

For me, I've been stuck at rank 5 for the last week or 2 using P. Bagration and Mainz. Now can't get passed it. First match tonight in Bagration, I had a LOT more non-pens/bounces/overpens than I did actual pens using AP. I did cit the Eugen 5 times.

[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles
2 minutes ago, DeathLord1969 said:

Lasy night, I had a CV on my team reverse til he hit the farthest corner, not launching any planes during that time. Then as we're dying with no scouting, he launches planes & says "fk team".

For me, I've been stuck at rank 5 for the last week or 2 using P. Bagration and Mainz. Now can't get passed it. First match tonight in Bagration, I had a LOT more non-pens/bounces/overpens than I did actual pens using AP. I did cit the Eugen 5 times.

Its been a BB delight this Rank season... When I see the queue, 40 BB and 10 of every other class.. I want to conclude the BB class is popular and OP for this Ranked sprint...

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles

I'm honestly baffled as to how anyone found this challenging, and that is meant IN NO WAY, to take away from the fact that it was. It's just that my experience in every Sprint is that it's absurdly easy. 

I took a completely nonchalant approach, and even tried a few new tactics (some were spectacular failures, but others changed the way I think about a few ships) and STILL managed to rank out in only 37 games. I could sit on my mouse and try to aim with my butt cheeks and still rank out in under a hundred. HOLY! I'm totally gonna try that next sprint....

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,343 posts
19,581 battles

The last minute rush crowd is really bad. There's people in there just spam queueing and hoping for the best.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
4 hours ago, SVTONY said:

I just spent 3 hours and 8 battles and every match was a loss. I slid back 3 ranks. Losing every single match over 3 hours has never happened in the 3 years I've played this game. There is something mechanically broken about this. There has to be, even if the explanation is "I suck", I'm merely one person. I've been in plenty of matches where a handful of people have carried the whole game to victory. My experience tonight doesn't make sense.

Most of the decent players Ranked out days or weeks ago. So now your stuck with the less motivated players.