Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Go4U

Completing a branch.

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

38
[WOLFL]
Members
148 posts
22,528 battles

I see that there is an option for "reseting the branch". 
To my knowledge, all the ships are sold, captains go to reserve (without resetting their skills) = (too bad!) and then what? 
What it is the profit to do this?

In the other hand, at the Armory I can buy stuff with "research points"... I'm interested in the Siegrief CC T9, which her cost is 47.000 "research points"...

How do I get such amount of "research points"?
Completing every branch for each nation?
Doing what?

I don´t get it at all. I would really do appreciate some help on this for dummies... To complex for me. Thank you!

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
382
[XXX]
Members
663 posts
1,666 battles

Basically you get 20k on your first Line reset of the 'season', you do this buy grinding your way back up an entire line, Every line reset thereafter is 10k, so in order to get the ship you want you'd have to reset a line a total of 4 times and grind out to tier 10 each time. If you have a ridiculous amount of free XP (like 3 million in think it is) you can just reset the line, research all the ships, reset the line and do that 5 times then play each ship for 1 win and you'd get it. Basically unless you've got a lot of free XP sitting around you're not doing it fast.

Edited by Yandere_Roon
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
208 posts
6,058 battles

Basically, if you have at least 5 researched ship lines you get the option to reset those lines. This:

 

1. Sells all ships that you might have in that line.

2. Moves all extra exp you may have on those ships to the t1 ship of that nation.

3. Capt get sent to reserve and all upgrades are removed and placed in your inventory. 

4. You have to play through the line again, researching everything again, just like you did the first time playing through the line.

 

However, this time when you play through the line you get research points for playing ships in the line. Now you get these points from tier 5 or 6 up (do not remember exactly where it starts), all the way up to t10 (which gives the most points). The first time you play that ship you get the points. Higher tiers give more points. You can reset the line multiple times without having to actually play the ship in question, it will accumulate those points and give them to you when you do purchase and play that ship. Only lines that you have fully researched can be reset.

 

A full play through of a line reset this way will give you 10,000 points per reset (IE if you use free exp to reset the line twice, and actually buy and play all the ships at least once on the third iteration you will get 20,000 points). The first line you reset each three months will give you double points (20,000 for most lines). CV lines give less points since there are less ships in the line.

Edited by JimmyTheRealPirate
Some clarification
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,301
[CO-OP]
Members
3,457 posts
30,238 battles
37 minutes ago, Go4U said:

How do I get such amount of "research points"?

I don´t get it at all. I would really do appreciate some help on this for dummies... To complex for me. Thank you!

As @Yandere_Roon, and @JimmyTheRealPirate have posted, you hit the reset key and re-research the line.  Each ship from tech 6 on will give research points (500 for t6 and 7, 1500 for t8 and 9, and 6000 for t10.)  For the first reset each season (which lasts 3 months) you double these points.  For more information check out the wiki (link below):

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,935
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,705 posts
23,831 battles
2 hours ago, Yandere_Roon said:

Basically you get 20k on your first Line reset of the 'season', you do this buy grinding your way back up an entire line, Every line reset thereafter is 10k, so in order to get the ship you want you'd have to reset a line a total of 4 times and grind out to tier 10 each time. If you have a ridiculous amount of free XP (like 3 million in think it is) you can just reset the line, research all the ships, reset the line and do that 5 times then play each ship for 1 win and you'd get it. Basically unless you've got a lot of free XP sitting around you're not doing it fast.

Every season gets you 1 double point line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,935
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,705 posts
23,831 battles
2 hours ago, Go4U said:

I see that there is an option for "reseting the branch". 
To my knowledge, all the ships are sold, captains go to reserve (without resetting their skills) = (too bad!) and then what? 
What it is the profit to do this?

In the other hand, at the Armory I can buy stuff with "research points"... I'm interested in the Siegrief CC T9, which her cost is 47.000 "research points"...

How do I get such amount of "research points"?
Completing every branch for each nation?
Doing what?

I don´t get it at all. I would really do appreciate some help on this for dummies... To complex for me. Thank you!

You have to have 5 tier 10 ships.

Every season you can reset one line for double points.

When you reset a line all ships get sold, modules moved to inventory and captains sent to reserves.

It takes multiple resets to get enough points for a ship.

The line with the fewest exp required is IJN gun boat.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2 posts
7,111 battles
5 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

You have to have 5 tier 10 ships.

Every season you can reset one line for double points.

When you reset a line all ships get sold, modules moved to inventory and captains sent to reserves.

It takes multiple resets to get enough points for a ship.

The line with the fewest exp required is IJN gun boat.

 

So basically if I just regrind one line every season I ll get double points on each of the lines therefore making the grind less painful? RB is really for go-big on WOWS players i guess xdxd

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,855
[ARGSY]
Members
24,533 posts
18,522 battles
4 hours ago, Calculus314 said:

RB is really for go-big on WOWS players

It's basically for those people who have been in the game long enough to have everything ground out, who grind the new lines as fast as they appear, and who are left with nothing more to do. When WOWS started up, IJN and USN were all there were, so if you played IJN destroyers, for example, you only faced the IJN and USN as enemies as you worked towards Tier 10. Now you can face any or all of US, IJN, Britain, Germany, France, Italy, Pan-Asia, Pan-Europe, Pan-America (with its one T7 ship), the Commonwealth and the USSR. The opponents are more diverse and numerous, and for long-time veterans to the game, that potentially makes the climb back up the tech tree richer and more varied, and potentially worth doing in itself. Cancelling out all the progress is there to give you goals to measure your progress against as you climb back up. 

The RB ships are simply there as concrete rewards for putting in all that effort. 

It's not everybody's cup of tea, for sure.

4 hours ago, Calculus314 said:

So basically if I just regrind one line every season I ll get double points on each of the lines therefore making the grind less painful?

If you RESET one line every season, you get double points on it. You are not obliged to finish that grind within the three-month season. You can take as long as you like, and the double points will remain earmarked to those ships. OTOH if you can normally do a whole line in three months anywa,y then yeah, lather rinse repeat.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,467
[PVE]
Members
11,079 posts
19,206 battles

I have been regrinding a line each season and it has been a line that I like to play, British DDs every time except 1, German DDs. I have Siegfried and it's fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38
[WOLFL]
Members
148 posts
22,528 battles

My thanks to @Yandere_Roon @JimmyTheRealPirate @HamptonRoads @dEsTurbed1 @BearlyHereBear @Calculus314 @Ensign_Cthulhu and @Sovereigndawg
I read the entire answer and it was a great help to better understand the reboot process.
Definitely it is not for me, at least if I full commit to investigate the whole branch again. No way! It takes a long time and it's a game for me.
Thank you all!!! Great help from community players!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[COB]
[COB]
Beta Testers
880 posts
6,517 battles

This seems like a brutally painful process for someone who has a life outside the game. From what I've read the reward ships are ok but not that far off from ships you can get with various resources. Is that an accurate statement or is that wrong and rewards are truly amazing ships? 

I'm grinding my 5th 10 now and have considered this...but TBH grinding is my least favorite aspect of the game.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,935
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,705 posts
23,831 battles
10 hours ago, Go4U said:

My thanks to @Yandere_Roon @JimmyTheRealPirate @HamptonRoads @dEsTurbed1 @BearlyHereBear @Calculus314 @Ensign_Cthulhu and @Sovereigndawg
I read the entire answer and it was a great help to better understand the reboot process.
Definitely it is not for me, at least if I full commit to investigate the whole branch again. No way! It takes a long time and it's a game for me.
Thank you all!!! Great help from community players!

To give you a perspective:

I have done the RU BB line, british DD line, IJN gunboat dd line 4 times, and currently on German DD line tier7.

Never grind a BB line. Takes too long and too much exp. Even if you love the ships.

You get to experience low tier joy and frustration.  Discovering anew fun ships. The blast of map like Solomon islands.

The true pain of low level carrier hell. 2 and 3 cv matches. 

The "grind" really doesn't hit you until tier 7.

If you have picked a fun line to grind you will enjoy the ships that you haven't played in awhile. 

I have over 180 ships and very few tech tree ships under tier 8.

So, for me, the fun of tiers 1 to 5 go too quick.

But, I have discovered a new monster of a dd in the tier 5 German line....

 ....

The end goal is now for Unique ships and legendary upgrades. 

I have the Ohio and it's an ok ship. I'm looking at the new German super cruiser, then Colbert.

I have all the Legendary Upgrades that I want.

The TRUE question to ask yourself:

Will I have fun doing a line over? And is my goal worth it?

I have ADHD and a compulsive disorder bordering on perfectionism....

I must have those special ships for my collection. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×