You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Slimeball91

Atlanta build post IFHE/armor changes?

4 comments in this topic

[SBS]
Members
5,898 posts

Now that some time has passed what have you found to work post IFHE change for the Atlanta (and Flint)?  Yes, we know its a trade, fire or raw damage, but which is actually better in practice?  More to the point, what is the optimal build for the Atlanta these days now that IFHE is questionable, and there is little point in an AA build? 

I know there are many people that like to take AFT for the extra gun range, but I've always thought that extra came at too high of a cost with gun bloom detection, poor probability of good shot placement/hitting the target, and you no longer get increased AA range with AFT.  BFT for better RoF?  I'm at a bit of a loss with this build.   

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,103 posts
4,084 battles

Still run IFHE, CE, and AFT. You really need the extra pen on the 127s, and the ROF is enough to start fires already. I run AFT because the range without is just to short IMO. The only thing that has really changed is the AA is meh now.

[WORX]
Members
10,626 posts
18,519 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

Now that some time has passed what have you found to work post IFHE change for the Atlanta (and Flint)?  Yes, we know its a trade, fire or raw damage, but which is actually better in practice?  More to the point, what is the optimal build for the Atlanta these days now that IFHE is questionable, and there is little point in an AA build? 

I know there are many people that like to take AFT for the extra gun range, but I've always thought that extra came at too high of a cost with gun bloom detection, poor probability of good shot placement/hitting the target, and you no longer get increased AA range with AFT.  BFT for better RoF?  I'm at a bit of a loss with this build.   

I actually invited some data submissions on the subject a few months back... You can check the results here and test it yourself...

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
1,049 posts
4,374 battles

If you want to maximize both raw damage and DoT, I suggest taking Demolition Expert with IFHE, plus the India Yankee and Victor Lima signal flags. You'll end up with 26mm pen and a 5.5% fire chance.

:SerB: