You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OttoVonPrien

refund owed to armory Champagne buyers

24 comments in this topic

[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,699 battles

while playing went to the armory thinking of buying the Champagne adm pack

It is priced at 27950 gold which  at $1=250 gold equals $111.80

did not have that much gold so went to premium shop --shock !!it is $99.49  there !! that's $12.61 less than the Armory

I know Armory often has inflated pricing but come on! 

Did not see the 3x missions in the Armory description either but assume its included?

I did  not compare the pricing for the lessor bundles or the bare ship but assume similar over pricing

I bought the bundle from the gift shop, so you don't owe me a refund or credit.

but you do for anyone who did not do their homework and bought the Champagne from the armory.

you owe the a 3152 gold refund ($12.61x250) for the Adm. bundle buyers

PS is this just sloppy pricing by someone who cant do the math to convert $ to gold or something deliberate? I will assume incomitance but a patter is building up. 

• Cool 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 1

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

As well as charging ridiculous prices, WG doesn't do refunds.  They might offer some in-game credit for the difference as compensation, but you're never getting your money back.

That's just how they operate.

Keep this in mind next time you're thinking about a purchase.

Edited by Kuckoo

[WOLFC]
Members
1,628 posts
9,465 battles
1 hour ago, OttoVonPrien said:

did not have that much gold so went to premium shop --shock !!it is $99.49  there !! that's $12.61 less than the Armory

Did not see the 3x missions in the Armory description either but assume its included?

I did  not compare the pricing for the lessor bundles or the bare ship but assume similar over pricing

but you do for anyone who did not do their homework and bought the Champagne from the armory.

PS is this just sloppy pricing by someone who cant do the math to convert $ to gold or something deliberate? I will assume incomitance but a patter is building up. 

You’re not taking into account the “discounts” that are applied. The Admiral Pack in the Armory has a listed price of 31,100 doubloons (10% discount). This equates to $124.40. This is the same list price as the Admiral Pack in the premium shop, but it has a larger discount (20%) that results in a lower price. The x3 XP combat mission is also clearly listed as a “bonus” in the premium shop version, and thus is not included in the armory version.

The different “discounts” as well as the bonus mission only being available in the premium shop is a basic marketing strategy - WG would much rather have you spend cash directly than have you use doubloons you have sitting in your account. After all, you’ve already paid for the doubloons, so WG makes more money when people buy directly from the shop.

Edited by Nevermore135

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,413 posts
14,163 battles
59 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

As well as charging ridiculous prices, WG doesn't do refunds.  They might offer some in-game credit for the difference as compensation, but you're never getting your money back.

That's just how they operate.

Keep this in mind next time you're thinking about a purchase.

They will do refunds on premium shop real money purchases but you cannot use whatever you purchased or you are stuck with it.

Members
1,588 posts
25,063 battles

Seems as if some knowingly paid $111 for a ship, it was worth $111 to them. If they found it for less, later, well..... it was still worth $111 to them, so why should any refund be forthcoming?

Edited by theLaalaa
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,488 posts
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

You’re not taking into account the “discounts” that are applied. The Admiral Pack in the Armory has a listed price of 31,100 doubloons (10% discount). This equates to $124.40. This is the same list price as the Admiral Pack in the premium shop, but it has a larger discount (20%) that results in a lower price. The x3 XP combat mission is also clearly listed as a “bonus” in the premium shop version, and thus is not included in the armory version.

The different “discounts” as well as the bonus mission only being available in the premium shop is a basic marketing strategy - WG would much rather have you spend cash directly than have you use doubloons you have sitting in your account. After all, you’ve already paid for the doubloons, so WG makes more money when people buy directly from the shop.

Yep.  WG isn't the only game dev that does this either.  In other games where digital items are the primary income, using already purchased "in store credit" costs more than using "new money" (cash) to purchase the same item. 

Promoting the use of fresh money over already spent money, isn't something that only WG does and they certainly didn't invent the idea.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles

Do your research and price comparisons before buying, or it's all on you.

Caveat Emptor has been a part of our civilization for over 2000 years.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,123 posts
13,741 battles
2 hours ago, OttoVonPrien said:

The special missions are included in the Armory price.

My question is "why do you think WG owes someone a refund?" If you wish to play more that is your decision.

However if you stated WG should offer a refund I would agree.

Members
3,752 posts
23,292 battles

So does WG owe players refunds when they offer premium time for 1/2 off in game but not in the premium shop too?

Always best to do your homework before you purchase anything rather than complain later that you were robbed by your own laziness.

• Cool 1

[WOOK3]
Members
4,213 posts
3,235 battles

Caveat Emptor. Let the buyer beware - this was on a sign as you entered the market in ancient Rome. Still holds true today. 

Or as the philospher P.T. Barnum would say,  "there's a sucker born every minute."

• Cool 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
3 hours ago, OttoVonPrien said:

I bought on armory, but the single ship.

Did oyu try support? To at least give you dobloons.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

They will do refunds on premium shop real money purchases but you cannot use whatever you purchased or you are stuck with it.

I dunno about that. I bought a mad max Shima perma before I had Shima, as I knew I'd use her for co-op any time I need IJN torps. When the dakka Shima was announced, I tried for a refund. No dice, despite being functionally unable to use it and never having touched it. I even only asked for doubloons, not a full refund. Still nothing.

As such, don't count on WG for refunds even in those sorts of situations. It's always a maybe no matter what.

Thankfully the dakka Shima turned out to be 2m Fxp, so I still had plenty reason to own Shima, as I love those guns, but still sets an unsettling precedent in my eyes.

[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,699 battles
18 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

?????  mostly nonsense, and most people who are popping  for big gold armory purchases buy the gold first at the same time   

the Armory price is $11 higher

Obviously no one is checking for price coordination at WG between Armory and Prem. shop so the customer had better do his homework and always check prices for which one is the better deal

[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,699 battles
16 hours ago, Felipe_1982 said:

I bought on armory, but the single ship.

Did oyu try support? To at least give you dobloons.

does not anyone read and comprehend??

everyone thinks i am asking for a refund or credit, I make it plain I am not

I am not asking for a refund,

I got the better price,

I am trying to protect all the payers who got screwed with the higher price and tell them  and WG about it.

Its the armory price which is too high for the bundle

did not do the math on the single ship, you should check prices and if over charged do a ticket and see what happens.

[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,699 battles
16 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

So does WG owe players refunds when they offer premium time for 1/2 off in game but not in the premium shop too?

Always best to do your homework before you purchase anything rather than complain later that you were robbed by your own laziness.

another basher that did not read and comprehend, I bought in the shop for the best price, tying to help and warn others that might buy in the armory instead.

I was not lazy,

I did my home work

I got  the best price

people bash without fully reading,

wonder why I bother trying to help others on this forum

[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,699 battles
17 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Do your research and price comparisons before buying, or it's all on you.

Caveat Emptor has been a part of our civilization for over 2000 years.

and I did and am not asking for a refund , I made that clear but people don't read the whole post or have no reading comprehension , which is why they suckered  so easy by WG

but are you saying it is ok for WG to set traps  or just sloppy marketing for its customers?

[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,699 battles
17 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Yep.  WG isn't the only game dev that does this either.  In other games where digital items are the primary income, using already purchased "in store credit" costs more than using "new money" (cash) to purchase the same item. 

Promoting the use of fresh money over already spent money, isn't something that only WG does and they certainly didn't invent the idea.

but most people go buy the gold to buy the gold item at the same time

talking about buy big ticket gold items not the little stuff.

most people don't have that kind of gold on hand just sitting there so you have to think they will buy the gold to buy the item.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
7 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

and I did and am not asking for a refund , I made that clear but people don't read the whole post or have no reading comprehension , which is why they suckered  so easy by WG

but are you saying it is ok for WG to set traps  or just sloppy marketing for its customers?

I wonder if some of the price difference is due to the fact that discount coupons are available in the Armory. 

It's no trap if you stop, think and compare prices. Anyone who doesn't do that deserves what's coming to them IMHO.

Bear in mind also that some people have doubloons won in-game, in events or supercontainers, or given out in the little dribbles of Daily Supply events each patch, and those doubloons are free. So not every doubloon in the game was paid for.

• Cool 1

[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,699 battles

next time if I post at all, ill just do a one line saying which is cheaper.

but if we don't keep wg honest and let them get away with it, (on purpose or just sloppy marketing( it will only get worse and we all suffer.

BTW the discounts in the prem. shop are like when store liquidators take over a store,

they go in and double all the prices

and then they put them on 25% off.

and people fall for it , LOL

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
9 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

but most people go buy the gold to buy the gold item at the same time

talking about buy big ticket gold items not the little stuff.

most people don't have that kind of gold on hand just sitting there so you have to think they will buy the gold to buy the item.

For my country it does not have any difference as my prices are below charged on US as our currency is lower rated.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,628 posts
9,465 battles
28 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

?????  mostly nonsense, and most people who are popping  for big gold armory purchases buy the gold first at the same time   

the Armory price is $11 higher

Obviously no one is checking for price coordination at WG between Armory and Prem. shop so the customer had better do his homework and always check prices for which one is the better deal

I currently have 12k gold that consists of some I bought almost a year ago and some I obtained for free. WG already has my money for that gold. Now, I could simply purchase the ~16k doubloons I need, which would be the cheaper option for me. BUT, if I buy it directly from the premium shop, it’s a better value, isn’t it? I might spend the $100+ dollars instead to “get the better deal.” If I do, WG has made more money off of me than they otherwise would have.

Like I said, it’s a widely used marketing strategy.

Edited by Nevermore135

[NEMO]
Members
190 posts
9,977 battles
6 hours ago, OttoVonPrien said:

another basher that did not read and comprehend, I bought in the shop for the best price, tying to help and warn others that might buy in the armory instead.

I was not lazy,

I did my home work

I got  the best price

people bash without fully reading,

wonder why I bother trying to help others on this forum

Pretty sure no one was bashing you.I got what  they were saying and I did not take it as bashing you.I'd say they agreed and then added their own spin on it....that's all.