You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DuckyShot

Make Ducky play awful ships, EP 5. streaming tonight

Which awful build should Ducky play?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which build should Ducky play?

• Full secondary/fires build Alsace with HE only (HE only optional). Bft, de, Aft, manual secondaries, 3rd slot secondary battery upgrade, 6th slot secondary upgrade. (eagle_lance)
    • Radar Edinburgh Upgrades: MAM1, Hydro or Radar Mod if available, TTM1 (Faster Torps), SGM1, TLS (Better Torp Detection) Captain Skills: Torp Acceleration, Torpedo Armament Expertise, Vigilance, Radio Location(TheOmegaDuck)
    • Gunboat Asashio, including EM, BFT and AFT on the Captain, Main Battery Mod 2, and Steering Gears Mod 1 and 2. (Brohk)
    • Secondary build Texas. (BrushWolf)
    • Hard-hitting, remote-reaching, sight-seeing, short duration Smoke Smolensk: IFHE ("Hard-hitting") AFT and Range mod in Slot 6 (Gun Fire Control System Modification 2) ("remote-reaching") RPF ("sight-seeing") Smoke Generator Modification 1 in Slot 3 (Short duration Smoke Smolensk) (henrychenhenry)
    • Bone stock Buffalo with a 10 point captain. (ZARDOZ_II)
    • Secondary spec Stalingrad, Moskva, or Petropalvask (all of them work) It appears their secondaries have improved dispersion ala Massachusetts, so why not try it out. BFT, AFT, IFHE, man sec mandated (tfcas119)
    • Khabarovsk running full Torpedo build with maximum concealment and smoke instead of heal. (XSerpent_LordX)
    • Full secondary build Edinburgh with MFCS. (ensign_cthulhu)
    • Torpedo-build Acasta, with TA, TAE, TTM1 module. (Mono_De_Mantequilla)

35 comments in this topic

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles

UPDATE 3: Streaming live now https://www.twitch.tv/ducky_shot_ Also planning a little something special for those watching in stream.

Update 2: vote over, khab wins. I'll be looking to go live in about 45 minutes or so. 

UPDATE 1: Let's VOTE!!

Ok, a little late getting this one up this week. Oh well. Let's go!!

1. Pick an awful build for me to play on stream/yt.

2. I will put the first 10 of those builds into a poll and the forum will select the most awful one for me to play. The person  that selected that builds will get 500 dubs. 

3. Builds can be as vague or specific as you want. When they are vague I will try to execute it as close as I can to what is being asked. You can specify modules, upgrades, consumables and captain skills. 

4. The build must be viable for the ship it is for. IE: you can't pick a torp build for something without torps. 

5. Build ideas must not be an anti-build ("non concealment" or "non tanky" ). Instead use something like "full secondary" or something like that. If you want specify that I don't use a certain skill or module, then request what you want me to use in place. 

6. It must be a ship I have, I can access any tech tree ship and most premiums. If you pick a ship I don't have, I'll just skip over that one. Z-46 is off limits right now. I see you lurking @bfk_ferlyfe

7. Only one entry per person. 

8. A minimum 10 point captain build is what will be played. 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,249 battles

Full secondary/fires build Alsace with HE only (HE only optional). Bft, de, Aft, manual secondaries, 3rd slot secondary battery upgrade, 6th slot secondary upgrade. 

[-KAK-]
Members
585 posts
10,929 battles

Here's a thought: Radar Edinburgh as a vision control/torp boat.

Edinburgh with Radar,
Upgrades: MAM1, Hydro or Radar Mod if available, TTM1 (Faster Torps), SGM1, TLS (Better Torp Detection)
Captain Skills: Torp Acceleration, Torpedo Armament Expertise, Vigilance, Radio Location. That's 12 points, the remaining 7 are up to you.

Edited by TheOmegaDuck

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,476 battles

Gunboat Asashio, including EM, BFT and AFT on the Captain,  Main Battery Mod 2, and Steering Gears Mod 1 and 2.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

Secondary build Texas.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts

Hard-hitting, remote-reaching, sight-seeing, short duration Smoke Smolensk:

• IFHE ("Hard-hitting")
  • AFT and Range mod in Slot 6 (Gun Fire Control System Modification 2) ("remote-reaching")
  • RPF ("sight-seeing")
  • Smoke Generator Modification 1 in Slot 3 (Short duration Smoke Smolensk)

A side effect of this build is 3 4-pt skills are pre-specified.

Edited by henrychenhenry

[GRAVE]
Members
1,269 posts
18,799 battles

Secondary spec Stalingrad, Moskva, or Petropalvask (all of them work) It appears their secondaries have improved dispersion ala Massachusetts, so why not try it out.

BFT, AFT, IFHE, man sec mandated

[ARGSY]
Members
20,142 posts
14,332 battles

Full secondary build Edinburgh with MFCS.

Members
1,057 posts
4,376 battles

Range Mod DM

GFCS Mod 2, Spotter Plane Duration Mod.

Need I say more?

:SerB:

[LANCE]
Members
793 posts
5,906 battles

Full secondary build Haida inc BFT, AFT and Manual secondaries! Only allowed to use torps and secondary (no plural for obvious reasons) :Smile_trollface:

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,082 posts
4 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

Ok, a little late getting this one up this week. Oh well. Let's go!!

1. Pick an awful build for me to play on stream/yt.

2. I will put the first 10 of those builds into a poll and the forum will select the most awful one for me to play. The person  that selected that builds will get 500 dubs. 

3. Builds can be as vague or specific as you want. When they are vague I will try to execute it as close as I can to what is being asked. You can specify modules, upgrades, consumables and captain skills. 

4. The build must be viable for the ship it is for. IE: you can't pick a torp build for something without torps. 

5. Build ideas must not be an anti-build ("non concealment" or "non tanky" ). Instead use something like "full secondary" or something like that. If you want specify that I don't use a certain skill or module, then request what you want me to use in place. 

6. It must be a ship I have, I can access any tech tree ship and most premiums. If you pick a ship I don't have, I'll just skip over that one. Z-46 is off limits right now. I see you lurking @bfk_ferlyfe

7. Only one entry per person. 

8. A minimum 10 point captain build is what will be played. 

:cap_cool:Fujin,Kami,Yahagi  and you have to play until you've played against ten CV's  IE  if there's no  CV  it doesn't  count:Smile_glasses::Smile_teethhappy:

[WPORT]
Members
5,498 posts
10,518 battles

Tier-2 Destroyer, such as Tachibana Lima, commanded by a Captain with Preventive Maintenance, Last Stand, Superintendent and Torpedo Armament Expertise skills.

[TARK]
Members
6,620 posts
2,525 battles

Full secondary spec CV...

By which I mean, AFT and the secondary range / accuracy modules. Bonus points for using BFT and / or IFHE.

Cant play Graf Zeppelin.

Bonus points for playing Hermes or an IJN carrier.

Count how many close quarters experts you can achieve.

[LSNB]
Members
159 posts
4,895 battles

Gunboat Shinonome.

Heaviest broadside at her tier held back by poor reload and range.

PT AR LS SE BFT AFT CE

If the traverse is killing you feel free to swap AR for EM, maybe bring in Yamamoto in that case.

[LSNB]
Members
1,587 posts
4,409 battles

Torpedo Armament Expertise and Torpedo Acceleration on Atago/Takao. No more stealth torpedoes, but you'll catch people by surprise if you're close enough.

Also means you can't pick Last Stand :-)

Edited by destawaits
  • Confused 1

[B_Y_F]
Members
526 posts
13,324 battles

secondary KII built with (IFHE or DE) AFT BFT and Manual secondary. (KII secondary is Aki on board)

I try it once when captain reset was free, supper fun and hilarious.

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles
11 hours ago, Brohk said:

Gunboat Asashio, including EM, BFT and AFT on the Captain,  Main Battery Mod 2, and Steering Gears Mod 1 and 2.

Is it really an awful build If I don't have to respec my Asashio one iota? because it's setup as gunboat Asashio. I really hope this one wins. It's a cheap one!!!

I've never actually played it in randoms. I was just playing 1v1s with Chappys. 

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles
10 hours ago, XSerpent_LordX said:

Khabarovsk running full Torpedo build with maximum concealment and smoke instead of heal.

go away...

• Funny 1