You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Super_Dreadnought

More Azur Lane stuff revealed by WG

92 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,990 posts
5,814 battles

I didn't see any other topic about it, so maybe I'm actually first for once lol. On the Japanese WoWs stream from 5 hours ago, some new AL stuff was shown.

AYwIxM3.png

So the next batch of characters coming to the game will be (clockwise from centre):

Baltimore, Shokaku, Sovetskaya Rossiya, Roon, Littorio, Yat Sen, Jean Bart

Looks like Yat Sen will be the first AL character without a WoWs namesake to captain.

0zgjM1C.png

AL Littorio. Unfortunately from the gameplay shown on the stream Littorio will not have SAP. So looks like a complete Roma clone - weeb edition

.M81dc4K.png

Here's the Sovetsky Soyuz clone/sister. 

Imho both camos actually look pretty good and tasteful

syVlBRD.png

7vVji1j.png

ykgMehL.png

Azur Lane themed camos for Atago, Dunkerque, and Belfast.

What godawful potato PC are they using to play the game?:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3

Members
6,113 posts
7,428 battles

Yus! Dunkerque's themed camo is coming! I've wanted that since I saw it in WoWs blitz.

And, most importantly, HOPEFULLY WG learned that we want to be able individually purchase captains, and that the loot boxes for them were a dumb idea. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully all the new and returning captains are purchasable outside of the inevitable bundles.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
4,373 posts
6,405 battles

That still keeps the hope alive that Roma may yet get SAP and come out of obscurity... 

Or that she was too strong with SAP :fish_boom:.

Still, hoping for some freebies, AL had some good content.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,345 posts
6,239 battles

It's a shame that they made a collab camo for Belfast, when the ship herself is no longer available to be acquired. :Smile_sceptic:

It almost makes me feel like just skipping from purchasing anything from the collab this time, because it feels like a slap in the face to latecomers. :Smile-angry:

Plus, Littorio doesn't have SAP anymore thus she's now just a Roma clone, and Rossiya is also just a clone of the tech tree counterpart that would be quite expensive because she's a Tier IX.

Maybe I'll just grab the other two camos and the captains only this time.

Compared to what Azur Lane is getting from this collab, the collab on the WoWs on side feels a bit like a poorly made slapstick. :Smile_smile:

15 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

And, most importantly, HOPEFULLY WG learned that we want to be able individually purchase captains, and that the loot boxes for them were a dumb idea. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully all the new and returning captains are purchasable outside of the inevitable bundles.

Personally, I wouldn't even bother crossing my finger... lol. :Smile_smile:

Edited by Blorgh2017

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
7 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

It's a shame that they made a collab camo for Belfast, when the ship herself is no longer available to be acquired. :Smile_sceptic:

It almost makes me feel like just skipping from purchasing anything from the collab this time, because it feels like a slap in the face to latecomers. :Smile-angry:

Plus, Littorio doesn't have SAP anymore thus she's now just a Roma clone, and Rossiya is also just a clone of the tech tree counterpart that would be quite expensive because she's a Tier IX.

Compared to what Azur Lane is getting from this collab, the collab on the WoWs on side feels a bit like a poorly made slapstick. :Smile_smile:

Personally, I wouldn't even bother crossing my finger... lol. :Smile_smile:

maybe Belfast comes back..

i like new stuff. Hopefully it will come soon. 0.9.6 confirmed?

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,345 posts
6,239 battles
1 minute ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Hopefully it will come soon. 0.9.6 confirmed?

I bet they're due this week, or at least by next week.

Because Azur Lane is releasing their side of the collab this week.

• Thanks 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
1 minute ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I bet they're due this week, or at least by next week.

Because Azur Lane is releasing their side of the collab this week.

they dont tease us regarding anime related stuff right? hololive just came...

as far as i can undertand, it always comes from friday mornings with a stream on afternoon.

13,990 posts
5,814 battles
10 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Being 'no longer available' is not strictly true though, and won't be so long as Wargaming keeps rolling out the "banned" ships every Christmas to prey on the rich/gambling addicts.

I would say that it's not impossible to get Belfast, but improbable for most. For the biggest whales it's just a matter of throwing money at Wargaming during a certain time of the year.

Besides, remember that in the first set of characters/camos a couple of years ago, Belfast was the only affected ship without a AL themed camo. I see it as WG finally making that right.

As for Littorio having no SAP, yeah I agree that disappointing. Guessing it was too strong during testing, which I can imagine it being with battleship sized SAP penetration values.

[RVNHQ]
Members
246 posts
35 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Good one

(Not happening)

[WOLF8]
Members
7,345 posts
6,239 battles
4 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Being 'no longer available' is not strictly true though, and won't be so long as Wargaming keeps rolling out the "banned" ships every Christmas to prey on the rich/gambling addicts.

I would say that it's not impossible to get Belfast, but improbable for most. For the biggest whales it's just a matter of throwing money at Wargaming during a certain time of the year.

Besides, remember that in the first set of characters/camos a couple of years ago, Belfast was the only affected ship without a AL themed camo. I see it as WG finally making that right.

As for Littorio having no SAP, yeah I agree that disappointing. Guessing it was too strong during testing, which I can imagine it being with battleship sized SAP penetration values.

You're right about Belfast being "improbable" to get than impossible. However, that's just the thing isn't it? It's not that I don't have money to throw at WG, but it's rather that I'm not crazy enough like "the biggest whales" you mention. I have certain threshold on spending that I really hate to cross, and depending on circumstances I might even lower it simply out of spite. I mean, if I have to throw what I think is the amount needed to get Belfast... why don't I just put that money towards upcoming Playstation 5? Heck, Demon's Souls Remake is on the horizon, on it. Or maybe towards a fund for a new gaming computer? It's a much more logical choice with more bang for a buck. I do indeed have hawts for some pixel botes and 2D waifus, but I have my limits, you know.

And Littorio not getting SAP might mean a bad news for the future Italian BB line, if you ask me. If WG is not willing to give to her for that reason, then what chance does the whatever future tech tree line ships even have? IMHO, they might as well as try and test it out here, with the collab ship.

[UFFA]
Members
2,111 posts
75 battles
28 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

And Littorio not getting SAP might mean a bad news for the future Italian BB line, if you ask me. If WG is not willing to give to her for that reason, then what chance does the whatever future tech tree line ships even have? IMHO, they might as well as try and test it out here, with the collab ship.

I imagine it has more to the ship being a paid premium and generally not subject to “nerfs”.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,065 posts
23,845 battles

An issue I had with previous AL perma-camo for WoWS is that they were bland, looking like they did the least amount of work possible.  It seems they're continuing that tradition.

Meanwhile WoWS Blitz x Azur Lane collabs had better redesigns in the spirit of the IP they're crossing over with.

wowsazur5_thumb.jpg52788335_2648972431782756_60777350171470

52851993_2648972408449425_1180976115020253229636_2648972208449445_92387107050985

No SAP on AL Littorio?  No deal. I already got Roma.

Belfast camo?  Just LOL!  She hasn't been for sale in YEARS! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[SVF]
Members
1,720 posts
2,254 battles
2 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Plus, Littorio doesn't have SAP anymore

I don't recall AL Littorio ever having SAP, wasn't that Impero?

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,039 posts
10,089 battles
1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Yes, I was surprised to see that Littorio is just cloning Roma, especially after the months of testing "Impero".

Banned
627 posts
1 hour ago, Antean said:

Wonderful, more anime Krap  for the Kiddie Krowd.

And you my friend don't know anime or it's influence on modern culture. Plus you can turn it off so why are you complaining?

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Banned
627 posts
11 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

An issue I had with previous AL perma-camo for WoWS is that they were bland, looking like they did the least amount of work possible.  It seems they're continuing that tradition.

Meanwhile WoWS Blitz x Azur Lane collabs had better redesigns in the spirit of the IP they're crossing over with.

wowsazur5_thumb.jpg52788335_2648972431782756_60777350171470

52851993_2648972408449425_1180976115020253229636_2648972208449445_92387107050985

It's probably the crowd difference, plus platform. 

Remember the Blitz crowd tends to be more open to anime themed things, it's just like woth WoT Blitz vs. WoT. I mean 3rd comment in was a guy complaining about anime content, calling it 'childish' (which shows he has a very narrowminded veiw about anime).

It's also platform, Blitz is on mobile, just like Azur Lane, it's likely the devs were playing on that fact by adding the effort. 

Edited by Neko_Ship_Akashi

Members
4,313 posts
4,585 battles

"So long as there is an ear in range to listen, I will complain."

Belfast camo is weird. Feels like it would fit a character with more of a 90s vibe or personality type. Littorio and Rossiya look neat though. Wouldn't mind having that Scharnhorst and Kaga camo too. 

Edited by Yoshiblue

[UFFA]
Members
2,111 posts
75 battles
3 minutes ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

It's probably the crowd difference, plus platform

Lesta is fairly on the ball with the filters. So for those into it this would suck. I really can’t complain since I can filter it out. So for those who wanted it this is a bit sad. 

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,476 battles

More scantily clad, well endowed animu girls in my reserve? Awesome!

Spoiler

Seriously though, grats to those who have been waiting and wanting another collab.

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,065 posts
23,845 battles
12 minutes ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

It's probably the crowd difference, plus platform. 

Remember the Blitz crowd tends to be more open to anime themed things, it's just like woth WoT Blitz vs. WoT. I mean 3rd comment in was a guy complaining about anime content, calling it 'childish' (which shows he has a very narrowminded veiw about anime).

It's also platform, Blitz is on mobile, just like Azur Lane, it's likely the devs were playing on that fact by adding the effort. 

Completely disagree.  WoWS has filters.  If someone doesn't like all these different skins then they already have that filter on to begin with.

So, let's say someone wants a Premium Sovetsky Soyuz-class BB but doesn't want the anime skin.  Great for them... Buy Sovetskaya Rossiya and have their filter on and she'll look normal.

OTOH a fan of Azur Lane itself like me is seeing these bland, lazy skins with next to no effort, just like the previous WoWS AL skins, and I'm disappointed again for another year.

• Cool 2

[WOLF8]
Members
7,345 posts
6,239 battles
28 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

I imagine it has more to the ship being a paid premium and generally not subject to “nerfs”.

That too, probably.

Still, imagine how kewl (lol) it would been, for AL Littorio to have SAP. She would've stand out like a diva in a spotlight, and spearhead what possibly could be a quite a unique tech tree line of BB's. Of course, she would have to be "nerfed" during the testing, before being released, to make up for such power... but that's how things are with this game, so I don't really mind that.

Rather, this smells quite fishy of WG just being "lazy" and not wanting to devote time and resources to properly test her out before release. So they just make her as a clone of an existing ship with a new coat of paint, and call it a day.

13,990 posts
5,814 battles
18 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

Belfast camo is weird. Feels like it would fit a character with more of a 90s vibe or personality type. Littorio and Rossiya look neat though. Wouldn't mind having that Scharnhorst and Kaga camo too. 

I believe Belfast's hull pattern is a reference to her AL character's skirt, which is navy blue, with white frilly bits at the ends.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,065 posts
23,845 battles

Like the previous WoWS x AL camo, it's just lazy.

fc252a5f28f589614efcbdbe456352bc56a88ead093ebbbb03ff97765cab4350885212118a2697cb

Meanwhile WoWS Blitz tried to make it special.

• Cool 3

[UFFA]
Members
2,111 posts
75 battles
13 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

That too, probably.

Still, imagine how kewl (lol) it would been, for AL Littorio to have SAP. She would've stand out like a diva in a spotlight, and spearhead what possibly could be a quite a unique tech tree line of BB's. Of course, she would have to be "nerfed" during the testing, before being released, to make up for such power... but that's how things are with this game, so I don't really mind that.

Rather, this smells quite fishy of WG just being "lazy" and not wanting to devote time and resources to properly test her out before release. So they just make her as a clone of an existing ship with a new coat of paint, and call it a day.

The ship is reusing Roma’s model they couldn’t even make a simple change or two. The screen cap looks like it still has Roma’s bow crest instead of a star. And the bridge windows are still Roma’s. There are other pints of difference such as bow shape and anchors. Fighter director and radar depending on year, etc. 

Littorio.png

edit: if these ships are allowed to equip other skins I can understand. That would be a lot of extra skins to create for a ship that will be owned by so few. 

Edited by Sparviero

[WOLF3]
Members
27,065 posts
23,845 battles

WoWS has a history of camo with different style compared to the normal stuff.  But for some reason, Azur Lane's camo is just always bland, dull here.

Worcester "Go Navy!  Sharks vs Eagles" event, Sharks version.

0efruz0pbs911.jpg

Riga "Soviet Cruisers" event camo.

d2d3b7f2-9127-11ea-941b-8cdcd4b147d4_120

And an example from the recent WoWS x WH40k collab, which is basically a redone Amagi.

WG_SPB_WoWs_Renders_Warhammer_40K_Ignis_

One of the USN eagle camo that numerous US Cruisers got.

6fc6f3b6f01ca9cfd36880368ca2da4aad87489b

Yet Azur Lane camo in WoWS is just straight up lazy with zero effort.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 4