Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
legozer

Ranked Sprint is Too Easy? Change 'Er UP!

11 comments in this topic

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,444 battles

Not really too easy, I guess... It's easy, to be sure, though. Ranking out in Sprint is often done in just a handful of games. Frankly, I find it too short.

Unlike the pure misery of the regular ranked slog, though, Sprint is refreshing and enjoyable. I almost never take it too seriously, and always enjoy the change of pace from randoms.

The rewards, of course, are rather paltry by comparison to Ranked; nonetheless they are still decent, and certainly better than one finds just lolling through randoms. I, however, think the rewards should be reduced per rank. Unpopular opinion, I'm certain...BUT I'd love to see the rank earned be specific to each eligible ship in my port.

What I'm saying is that I'd like to be able to rank out multiple times per Sprint season. I could rank out in Atago, then start on Baltimore, then Loyang, etc. Basically, I'd like to continue participating in Sprint after I've ranked out. Maybe a special reward for players who rank out 5 times in a season? Maybe a hunk of smoldering, hawt steel for ranking out 10 times in a season? Perhaps a super reward for ranking out with every possible ship at the specified tier in a season?

If this happens, you're welcome.

• Boring 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,444 battles

Someone will have an insanely strong opinion on this, and it will be awesome.

• Funny 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,063 posts
19,384 battles

I think ranked and ranked sprint share the once your done, your done. Usually participating skilled players play through first and depending on skill, mm, and luck the rest follow through later.

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
9,136 battles

It is short, but it's enjoyable. I couldn't bring myself to queue for Ranked after reaching rank 8, but I look forward to Ranked Sprint because it's less stressful and more fun - and much, much shorter. I started Friday night and ranked out yesterday afternoon. I didn't pick any one ship in particular, rather I cycled through all my Tier 8 premiums in order to get the first win bonus then just kept doing that until the end. I had a lot of fun and earned a lot of experience, credits and more. Doing that 5 more times before the season ends? Ehhhhhh...... not so much. 

Members
7,122 posts
22,658 battles
1 hour ago, legozer said:

What I'm saying is that I'd like to be able to rank out multiple times per Sprint season.

Another one of my ideas I hope WG steals from me, the first was perma camo token.....

I have stated over and over that we should have the ability to re-rank out but play a lower tier ship. After ranking out, you must start at ten or whatever rank is decided and then play only tier 7 ships.....If you can, rank out again and play tier 6...while competing at the original tier 8 against tier eight ships that have yet to rank out. 

Provides more competition, and a longer ranked experience. Everyone wins. And I doubt anyone will complain if there is a tier 7 ship on their team, that should at least indicate an ounce of skill, which as we all know is lacking in many ranked sprint matches.

Edited by Joyous_Vibes
  • Cool 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,444 battles
1 hour ago, Brohk said:

Doing that 5 more times before the season ends? Ehhhhhh...... not so much. 

Yeah, but it's not like you HAVE to, it's just an option.

Frankly, I'd just like to play some more Sprint after I rank out. Hell, even without rewards.

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
9,136 battles
2 minutes ago, legozer said:

Yeah, but it's not like you HAVE to, it's just an option.

Frankly, I'd just like to play some more Sprint after I rank out. Hell, even without rewards.

The rewards are key, if you toss those in and they are things people want then I feel it's a problem.

No rewards would be a different story.

• Cool 1

[CHA0S]
Members
31 posts
10,154 battles

Ranked sprint might have been easy for you, but it took me 54 games because I'm a potato and, whats worse,  I was often put on potato teams as well. Despite the fact that I'm not a good player, I enjoy ranked sprint. 

I would like to see Ranked Sprint stay at Tier 9 and below.

I don't have a strong opinion as to whether one should be able to complete ranked sprint multiple times in a season. My initial thought is that it's not a bad idea; but I haven't thought about it much.

Edited by Compdizzle

[CDOH]
Members
899 posts
8,510 battles

I went 12 and 0 yesterday.  Ranked out too fast.  Next ranked sprint i will take a non Meta ship to increase the difficulty. 

Sign in to follow this