Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AngryMermaid

Minor Forum Bug: Post "Reactions" Effects on Reputation

7 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,137 battles

Every single reaction to a post gives +1 Reputation / karma to the poster, even the "thumbs down", the "bored", (and the removed "angry") reactions. I think the "confused" reaction used to do the same before they added the others and removed "angry", but now it no longer does.

"Confused" neither adds nor removes reputation points. The negative reactions need to all do the same as it, or "confused" needs to go back to +1, for the sake of logical consistency (I know this is a very minor, non-urgent issue I just want to bring awareness of this to the peeps @ WG)

EDIT: "Sad" reaction also does not give a rep point

Edited by Silisquish

[HINON]
Members
13,259 posts

Those options never gave +1. The ability to reduce forum rep was removed before the game went live.

• Meh 1

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,137 battles
18 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Those options never gave +1. The ability to reduce forum rep was removed before the game went live.

If that's true then why did I just increase your karma/rep from 6,197 to 6,198 by giving you a thumbs down?

[HINON]
Members
13,259 posts
48 minutes ago, Silisquish said:

image.thumb.png.4d6fee19137f9152e8e18d657380e069.pngimage.thumb.png.b36fb832ea162b52acadf50026938c8e.png

image.thumb.png.808676497fb679ed9cda025164f39a6f.png

Hmm I appear to be wrong lol. I just tried it on your post. I wonder when this changed? Well at the moment I guess rep just stands for reaction count rather than upvotes.

[NH]
Members
1,765 posts
8 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Hmm I appear to be wrong lol. I just tried it on your post. I wonder when this changed? Well at the moment I guess rep just stands for reaction count rather than upvotes.

Its like Youtube videos. Even the most thumbs downed video can be high on the search list due to engagement. If people love to hate your video it ends up as a popular video. So its just popular for a reason you may not like. That is a legit strategy on youtube. 

Edited by Ban_CV_Complainers
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,137 battles
1 hour ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Its like Youtube videos. Even the most thumbs downed video can be high on the search list due to engagement.

Cool. I didn't even know that about youtube. Here, have a trophy / mead drinking cup...

Sign in to follow this