Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Seabear

IJN Tier 8 CV

4 comments in this topic

Members
13 posts
16,082 battles

I have been playing IJN CV's tier 8 lately, I reach the conclusion they are not worth playing anymore, AA shreds your planes like never before!

1. Often you end up in tier 10 games, that's a death sentence for all your planes, Halland for example wipes out, a complete squad of planes, in a matter of seconds.

2. Attacking most of the late war DD's, Cl's or BB's nets the same outcome, you are left to do far of spotting at best.

3. And now the worst, team mates scorn you for poor performance!

Do I need all this, don't think so, its to bad WG ruined CV play this bad. :Smile-angry:

Cheers

Edited by Seabear

[WPORT]
Members
5,370 posts
10,403 battles

Halland and Ostergotland are formidable opponents for planes.

As a "checklist" question, does your Tier-8 IJN CV Commander have the Captain's Skills "Aircraft Armor" and "Basics of Survivability"?
Those are essential skills for a CV Captain to improve ship and plane survival.

Sailing a Tier-8 Shokaku with a 3-point Commander would be difficult, especially in a Tier-10 match.

The Tier-8 Premium CV Kaga has a lot of planes, but they have low HP pools and tend to fall from the sky when hit by stronk AA, even after all the requisite skills are in place.

Some other checklist stuff:
Are you flying in zig-zag or curved approaches to targets and lining-up your drop at the last moment?
Dodging flak is an important skill for a player to learn.  Flying straight courses will get planes shot-down just like it would get ships citadel-ed or torpedoed.

Are you staying in AA bubbles formed by two or more ships?

Are you staying in an AA bubble formed by one ship for more than one attack pass?

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Cool 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,028 posts
12,710 battles
35 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Halland and Ostergotland are formidable opponents for planes.

As a "checklist" question, does your Tier-8 IJN CV Commander have the Captain's Skills "Aircraft Armor" and "Basics of Survivability"?
Those are essential skills for a CV Captain to improve ship and plane survival.

Sailing a Tier-8 Shokaku with a 3-point Commander would be difficult, especially in a Tier-10 match.

The Tier-8 Premium CV Kaga has a lot of planes, but they have low HP pools and tend to fall from the sky when hit by stronk AA, even after all the requisite skills are in place.

Some other checklist stuff:
Are you flying in zig-zag or curved approaches to targets and lining-up your drop at the last moment?
Dodging flak is an important skill for a player to learn.  Flying straight courses will get planes shot-down just like it would get ships citadel-ed or torpedoed.

Are you staying in AA bubbles formed by two or more ships?

Are you staying in an AA bubble formed by one ship for more than one attack pass?

Add to the captains skills, 

Air Supremacy, Improved Engines, and Improved Engine Boost. Better regen is a must, and the faster your planes are, the less time they will spend in AA, the less damage they will take.

Predrop aircraft until you're down to whatever aircraft you need to make one drop with losses. No point in going in with 10, losing 3 on the way in, dropping with 2, and losing 2 on the way out, and 3 on the way back in. Some days it's like that until the teams thin out a bit.

Don't bother with torpedo acceleration, it's a useless skill with CV's as the arming distance of your torps increases proportionally with the speed of the torps, so your target will have exactly the same amount of time react, and the torps will have slightly more distance to spread if you're not fully aimed, making them easier to dodge.

[CLUMP]
Members
795 posts
1,150 battles
23 hours ago, Seabear said:

I have been playing IJN CV's tier 8 lately, I reach the conclusion they are not worth playing anymore, AA shreds your planes like never before!

1. Often you end up in tier 10 games, that's a death sentence for all your planes, Halland for example wipes out, a complete squad of planes, in a matter of seconds.

2. Attacking most of the late war DD's, Cl's or BB's nets the same outcome, you are left to do far of spotting at best.

3. And now the worst, team mates scorn you for poor performance!

Do I need all this, don't think so, its to bad WG ruined CV play this bad. :Smile-angry:

Cheers

Agreed I went into servers to try out high tier CVs found they are not fun to play and are expensive to us as well :Smile_sceptic: So every time I see CV hater thread I am thinking they are over exaggerating :Smile_popcorn: This was using 19 point captain and tried both the US and IJN CV doesn't matter you get rekt by AA :Smile_sad: I think most of the time when people complain about CV is just and excused to blame some else for players sucking at the game or screwing up just like blaming the lag :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this