You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tapaz

CV protest play....or not to play

55 comments in this topic

[CSN]
Members
10 posts
4,488 battles

OK, I've been sick of CV's since they arrived, but today I have been obliterated by AP bombs and waves or torpedoes. So much so I'm quitting the game...... Then I thought, why should I. I paid good money for the Prinz and CV's didn't exist then? or early stage?

Soooo, can I get my money back? prob not... next option i'm thinking is to play and if at the start its a CV game, then apologise to the team, and just walk away from the key board until the game is over.

I want to see an option where we get to choose the type of match. DD's, Subs, CV's etc etc.

What do you think?

PS: Can I donate all my Gold Doubloons to another player?

PPS: 11/07/2020, Back into [edited]/ still a little broken but not returning to WOW's anytime soon.

Edited by tapaz
Extra question
  • Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 7
  • Meh 12

[BOOTY]
Beta Testers
381 posts
8,264 battles

Good luck with a choice of game type in regular matchmaking. WG seems to think any division of matchmaking will lead to hour long queue times. As for AFKing just don't it's a real [edited] move and no one will like you for it. As for avoiding CVs I'd say sticking to higher tiers is your best bet as the lower tiers are full of cv seal clubers. 

Edited by USSWest_Virginia
  • Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts

The game is what it is, if you don't like it - don't play it. Consider the worst case scenario for you, if that happens to be CVs then so be it. Now understand that there is always a chance that you will get a CV in game (a high chance), so if you don't like the odds - then don't press the Battle button!

But if you press that Battle button, then at least have the conviction to play the game that you decided to press the button for!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[WORX]
Members
10,675 posts
18,567 battles

Spending Money on the game, is not a long term commitment... That is a distorted thinking... That money is not good money its money you willing stated with your actions, to part ways from your wallet, for your entertainment.

IMO, you're close to being on your way out the door... Your looking excuses to stay or a replacement to move on... You have conflicted emotions about it.

When I finally depart the game, I will do so when I left my last MMO community/game... Quietly.

The choice is yours... Whatever your choice, be happy and dont look back with regret.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Meh 2

[CSN]
Members
10 posts
4,488 battles
7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Spending Money on the game, is not a long term commitment... That is a distorted thinking... That money is not good money its money you willing stated with your actions, to part ways from your wallet, for your entertainment.

IMO, you're close to being on your way out the door... Your looking excuses to stay or a replacement to move on... You have conflicted emotions about it.

When I finally depart the game, I will do so when I left my last MMO community/game... Quietly.

The choice is yours... Whatever your choice, be happy and dont look back with regret.

Your very correct about moving on. I enjoy good team play but get so frustrated when you can't play (grind) the boat you have to play to get to the next tier because its not at all aligned to survive direct naval conflict let alone survive Air Attack (IJN line)

Then the MM keeps placing you as bottom tier... but that's another story.

[CSN]
Members
10 posts
4,488 battles
29 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

The game is what it is, if you don't like it - don't play it. Consider the worst case scenario for you, if that happens to be CVs then so be it. Now understand that there is always a chance that you will get a CV in game (a high chance), so if you don't like the odds - then don't press the Battle button!

But if you press that Battle button, then at least have the conviction to play the game that you decided to press the button for!

True, so it looks like I need to give my doubloons away then.

[CSN]
Members
10 posts
4,488 battles
33 minutes ago, USSWest_Virginia said:

Good luck with a choice of game type in regular matchmaking. WG seems to think any division of matchmaking will lead to hour long queue times. As for AFKing just don't it's a real [edited] move and no one will like you for it. As for avoiding CVs I'd say sticking to higher tiers is your best bet as the lower tiers are full of cv seal clubers. 

Was fishing..... but how else do we get game options? Yes I know its a pay to win game, and I've only ever purchased one ship (Exchange rate kills it for anyone outside the US)

Time for a different game me thinks.

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
27 minutes ago, tapaz said:

Again, you seem to put options forward that allow limited response.

First it's: 'Soooo, can I get my money back?' - you know this isn't going to happen. Then it's: 'thinking is to play and if at the start its a CV game, then apologise to the team, and just walk away from the key board until the game is over' - you know that this is a poor decision by you and it affects the other players you entered into battle with. Finally it's: 'Can I give my Doubloons away' - you know this is not possible either.

All statements designed to indicate 'the game' is giving you limited options, when in fact it is you that are proposing the options; options that you know are not really acceptable/possible.

However, if you are truly stating the above options are the only ones that will make this game acceptable to you, then maybe it is time to find a different game. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,808 battles
2 hours ago, tapaz said:

Then I thought, why should I. I paid good money for the Prinz and CV's didn't exist then? or early stage?

Glad you drop in early stage because CV's to the best of my knowledge have been around since the beginning and long before Prinz Eugen  came to the game.

Not sure how to help you with the CV problem sorry. 

[WPORT]
Members
5,499 posts
10,525 battles
1 hour ago, tapaz said:

OK, I've been sick of CV's since they arrived, but today I have been obliterated by AP bombs and waves or torpedoes. So much so I'm quitting the game...... Then I thought, why should I. I paid good money for the Prinz and CV's didn't exist then? or early stage?

Soooo, can I get my money back? prob not... next option i'm thinking is to play and if at the start its a CV game, then apologise to the team, and just walk away from the key board until the game is over.

I want to see an option where we get to choose the type of match. DD's, Subs, CV's etc etc.

What do you think?

I play all available ship types.

Going "Away From Keyboard" during a match is an action that can be reported by other players.

Yes, I read your reasons.  I'm not here to disagree/agree with your reasons.  They're yours and I'm not trying to change your mind during this topic-thread-of-discussion.

The way I see it, you're welcome to do your protest.  It's your account and the ships in your port are yours.
There are mechanisms in the game for dealing with AFK situations. 
And, as I figure it, your protest activity will eventually trigger enough reported incidents that you'll run afoul of the processes that WOWs uses to handle AFK phenomena.

If you're prepared to accept the potential outcomes, then I'm not going to stop you from your protests.
As you've stated, you intend to issue a brief message explaining your action at the beginning of each match.

As a side note, a number of the co-op matches I've participated in have had 'Bots playing the CV's on both teams. 
Randoms teams are made from human players, so you'll be rolling-the-dice with human demographics in there.

People go AFK for all sorts of reasons.  Power outages.  Emergencies caused by children or pets.  Surprises at one's front door.  And et-cetera.
If we're in a match and you go AFK for the reasons you've stated above, I give you fair warning that I am likely to report you.  
That's the game.
Outside of the game, I have no ill will towards you and hope we can coexist in peace.

• Cool 1

[TBB]
Members
616 posts
4,885 battles

I really don't think this game has the player pool to support multiple different game types with different tiers as well.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,150 posts
14,332 battles

CVs were always in the game, and in the RTS era they were actually more lethal than they are now.

Try playing co-op for a while - the bot carriers are far less of a threat than even an average human CV player.

2 hours ago, tapaz said:

next option i'm thinking is to play and if at the start its a CV game, then apologise to the team, and just walk away from the key board until the game is over.

Doing that deliberately is a violation of the terms of service, and it can get your account deleted. It's also what two-year-olds do when they don't get what they want. You won't be viewed in a very positive light if you do that.

• Cool 1

[CSN]
Members
10 posts
4,488 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

CVs were always in the game, and in the RTS era they were actually more lethal than they are now.

Try playing co-op for a while - the bot carriers are far less of a threat than even an average human CV player.

Doing that deliberately is a violation of the terms of service, and it can get your account deleted. It's also what two-year-olds do when they don't get what they want. You won't be viewed in a very positive light if you do that.

LOL, and accountants, lawyers, doctors, politicians & blue collars.....

Just wish I could donate my coin before i walk.

time for a break... maybe come back and visit WOW's when they have a Phalanx CIWS option.

PS: I'll see you all at the other end collecting your shells by the sea shore.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
39 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

I really don't think this game has the player pool to support multiple different game types with different tiers as well.

When you do the math, it really doesn't. I'll give an example not including subs.

-1 ship type: 4

-2 ship type: 7

solo ship type: 4

If you did all these, you'd have all your bases covered, as just having a no CV mode would be dumb. You'd at least need a full set of -1 ship type modes.

So you'd be splitting the playerbase 5 ways for this, and 16 ways to have a more complete set of options. Even at peak hours, I doubt we could split things 5 ways effectively.

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Beta Testers, Volunteer Moderator
278 posts
6,161 battles
2 hours ago, tapaz said:

What do you think?

SO...….It was mentioned above so I'll throw it out again- Going AFK or leaving a match can get your account suspended from playing... in which case you'll lose the ability to play ANY of the ships you want regardless of the team make-up.   tapaz- I highly suggest you play out games... we all have matchups we don't like (down tiered, CV's, heavy DD games, heavy radar games in our DDs)… while sometimes team play can be a questionable thing in WoWS, leaving your team down a ship every game just isn't fair to them just because your standards are that you won't play against CVs.... as hard as it can be sometimes, don't forget the other 11 people on your team that are trying to get a win to XP out of a ship or grab enough credits for that next module or finish that directive mission....  

[TWFT]
Members
1,347 posts
37,428 battles

So I was contacted by a group of players that is thinking of just using the training room and setting up games there to our liking.  Their idea was to have all the players in a match buy doubloons and gift them to players on the winning team after a match.  They wanted no CV's or subs and you have to submit your stats, also you had to have a good attitude and not be a penchalent buttwad.

Would be nice to filter out jackwagon jerk players and sky cancer to have a battle that was fun, hell WG would make more money off of me at least because I refuse to spend money on this game (and I am a reformed whale).

In the end, please don't go AFK.

• Cool 1

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
880 posts
5,907 battles
2 hours ago, tapaz said:

I'll take them.....

Members
1,597 posts
25,106 battles

@tapaz

I am very unmotivated in CV play as well. If the CV's are same or higher level, then I am little threat to their planes as they destroy my health with rockets and bombs, and if lower level, then their spotting provides their fleet guns a target beyond my range. They kill the joy of most of the rest of the fleet. Any CV sunk - red or green - is a good kill in my book.

If the CV is manageable, I will do my best but hang back to maximize my time to maneuver out of the way of incoming shells and try to be a sources of multiple paper cuts. If the CV presence is unmanageable (as a match yesterday with 4 same-tiered CVs (2 per side)), I will generally yolo in, doing what damage I can until I am released from the match and move on to, hopefully, a CV-free fest.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am an unrepentant anti-CV'er. <- You can quote me on that.

Edited by theLaalaa

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
880 posts
5,907 battles
46 minutes ago, DEWEY_96_ said:

SO...….It was mentioned above so I'll throw it out again- Going AFK or leaving a match can get your account suspended from playing... in which case you'll lose the ability to play ANY of the ships you want regardless of the team make-up.   tapaz- I highly suggest you play out games... we all have matchups we don't like (down tiered, CV's, heavy DD games, heavy radar games in our DDs)… while sometimes team play can be a questionable thing in WoWS, leaving your team down a ship every game just isn't fair to them just because your standards are that you won't play against CVs.... as hard as it can be sometimes, don't forget the other 11 people on your team that are trying to get a win to XP out of a ship or grab enough credits for that next module or finish that directive mission....  

Agreed. It's a childish thing to do that selfishly impacts the entire team negatively. Rather than stomping your feet and having a tantrum, have some honor and just don't bother playing. Don't make others deal with the fallout from your "look at me I'm angry" moment. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,519 posts
3 hours ago, tapaz said:

What do you think?

I think someone's feeling special. How do you deal with other things in life you don't like? Bad managers, huffy salespeople, bad traffic, getting caught in a storm without the proper gear? Or just the general chaos of life? 

Sure, I play them and enjoy them. But I also play the other ship types and enjoy them too. 

I can say if you are getting pummeled time and again as you describe - brace yourself - you are doing something which makes you the perfect target for a CV player. 

[TRU]
Members
606 posts
18,262 battles
6 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I think someone's feeling special. How do you deal with other things in life you don't like? Bad managers, huffy salespeople, bad traffic, getting caught in a storm without the proper gear? Or just the general chaos of life? 

Sure, I play them and enjoy them. But I also play the other ship types and enjoy them too. 

I can say if you are getting pummeled time and again as you describe - brace yourself - you are doing something which makes you the perfect target for a CV player. 

Agree 100%.  Play higher tiers and you are less likely to see even 1 enemy CV, much less two.  And even then, there are other players on your team and the CV can really only attack one ship at a time.  Now, if you yolo a cap and leave AA on and your asking for a rocket attack.  

Hell, I am trying to finish a campaign to shoot down 300 aircraft in European DDs and nearly everytime I load in with my Friesland or Ostergotland there is no CV.   

It is one thing to have an opinion which of course you are welcome to, but quite another to screw your team over who has done nothing to you.  I hope you rethink this.  

Members
1,597 posts
25,106 battles
1 minute ago, mpwardawg said:

It is one thing to have an opinion which of course you are welcome to, but quite another to screw your team over who has done nothing to you.  I hope you rethink this.  

"to screw your team over who has done nothing to you."

Not quite true. At least one team member decided to inject cancer into the match by choosing CV. No one forced him... he willingly did it, knowing the effect but caring more for his personal enjoyment than that of the team.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

Members
3,758 posts
23,311 battles
7 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

"to screw your team over who has done nothing to you."

Not quite true. At least one team member decided to inject cancer into the match by choosing CV. No one forced him... he willingly did it, knowing the effect but caring more for his personal enjoyment than that of the team.

You should seek counseling for your PTSD.

Members
1,597 posts
25,106 battles
2 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

You should seek counseling for your PTSD.

Counseling is for those seeking a way forward. I have found my way forward.

• Meh 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
4 hours ago, tapaz said:

What do you think?

it looks like you are running your ship all alone, asking to be a target... a player truly engaged on a team will not be targeted like you said. A Cc isnt the main target for a CV, you put yourself in that condition.

if that option would be added i wpuld choose a no dd game.

i am a main cv player and everyclass has its own complains.