Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Xcalib3r

Shikishima is missing the 3rd 155mm secondary

7 comments in this topic

[UEFN]
Members
1,354 posts
25,670 battles

Where the hell is the 3rd 155mm secondary?  The ship only has 2x 155mm mounted, did they left the 3rd one at the dockyard or what? nevermind, looks like it's supposed to be just two.

Edited by Xcalib3r

Members
468 posts
8,433 battles

Only if they based her design of the original (less AA guns) 1941 Yamato and 1942 Musashi, would Shikashima have the two additional 155mm triple wing turrets.  I don't recall if Shinano, prior to her redesign into a carrier, was going to keep those wing turrets.

[SYN]
Members
15,968 posts
12,803 battles

Some planned upgrade designs for Yamato-class and related hulls even called for ditching all of the 155mm secondaries for an all 10cm secondary battery.

[--O--]
Members
994 posts

Lets be Honest this is a (A-150) BB. NOT a Yamato Class. There is tons of artist(s) renditions of what she might have looked like

The Japanese were actually understanding the need for AA defense and I believe bases off resources and that understanding she would have been a configuration of 3 × triple 46 cm (18.1 in) main guns, instead of the dreamed 20inchers.

Now AA is where is gets interesting. I think they would have been armed with
(11) Type 5 15 cm AA gun in triple turrets, 3 on center-line of the ship and 4 per-side dual-purpose  {these are 5inch guns fyi)
(12) Type 98-10 cm/65 in dual mounts 6 per side. dual-purpose  {these are 4inch guns fyi)
(60 )Type 4 20 mm twin AA machine cannon.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,613 posts
13,182 battles
6 hours ago, ithekro said:

Only if they based her design of the original (less AA guns) 1941 Yamato and 1942 Musashi, would Shikashima have the two additional 155mm triple wing turrets.  I don't recall if Shinano, prior to her redesign into a carrier, was going to keep those wing turrets.

Shinano was never going to have the wing turrets, not sure what DP/AA gun she was supposed to get either, but it might have been the 100mm.

Hull No.111 if I remember correctly was going to have 100mm DP guns, and it was going to drop the 155mm guns entirely.

[NFJF]
Members
707 posts
11,017 battles
1 hour ago, Mustangrde1 said:

Lets be Honest this is a (A-150) BB. NOT a Yamato Class. There is tons of artist(s) renditions of what she might have looked like

It still has the armor values of a Yamato class. A-150 was supposed to have a thicker armor belt, among other things. 

The 155mm mounts aren't there because by that time, the IJN knew they needed the deck space to go to AA guns a lot more than secondary artillery.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,318 posts

You know, since it is basically a Yamato, if you are close enough to something to be using those secondary batteries, you have seriously erred.

Sign in to follow this