Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CallingElvis

F.D. Roosevelt

41 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

812
[O2]
Members
657 posts
12,506 battles

I ran into this today on red team. I was in Kutuzov and after two passes, I was a burning wreck. The rocket planes on that CV can take out any CL and DD in 2 passes. The driver was clearly experienced as he carefully timed his attacks. But I would think even an inexperienced driver would be able to own the game. So there's that.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,939
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,344 posts
21,831 battles

Still haven't heard when it's coming out or what the currency is going to be. It's like it is in extended tweaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,729
[O7]
Members
1,525 posts
12,388 battles

roosevelt been in testing longer then the cv rework was.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
7 hours ago, Lord_Magus said:

 

 

1 hour ago, Toxygene said:

I ran into this today on red team. I was in Kutuzov and after two passes, I was a burning wreck. The rocket planes on that CV can take out any CL and DD in 2 passes. The driver was clearly experienced as he carefully timed his attacks. But I would think even an inexperienced driver would be able to own the game. So there's that.

Looks like there is no planes to spare on FDR, that is why her hits are so hard. i faced one once, and it took a lot from me on my ignis purgatio.

 

people running it are the ST they are clearly experienced players. they get the strong points of the ship 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12,627 posts
14,320 battles
2 hours ago, Toxygene said:

I ran into this today on red team. I was in Kutuzov and after two passes, I was a burning wreck. The rocket planes on that CV can take out any CL and DD in 2 passes. The driver was clearly experienced as he carefully timed his attacks. But I would think even an inexperienced driver would be able to own the game. So there's that.

Yeah we have been Discussing RDR among other things in this thread. If you want quite a few thoughts from various players in short order here can check this out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,079
Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

Yikes. I just looked up the FDR and while I generally don't have as big of a problem with CVs, AP rockets just look like they're going to add more fuel to the hate fire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles
10 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Yikes. I just looked up the FDR and while I generally don't have as big of a problem with CVs, AP rockets just look like they're going to add more fuel to the hate fire. 

She has HE rockets. AP rockets were early speculation that turned out to be wrong. That's the German CV line and so far, they have been pretty unimpressive if we are being honest. FDR has the same HVAR rockets that Midway has, however instead of the 30 per attack run Midway does FDR does 60 and with a different reticle. On one hand they definitely hurt, on the other hand the planes are as slow as a T4's and if they didn't hurt she would basically be completely impotent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,398
[B2P]
Members
13,459 posts
41,811 battles
9 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

 if they didn't hurt she would basically be completely impotent.

You say that like its a problem.

  • Haha 3
  • Boring 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles
37 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

You say that like its a problem.

It is when it lands on your team and the other team's CV isn't.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,157
[BONKS]
Banned
957 posts
7,121 battles
2 hours ago, Tekina_ said:

That's the German CV line and so far, they have been pretty unimpressive

Can't say I've seen that. I've seen the T10 German CV tear apart cruisers with those rockets and the torps looks solid also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
717
[--O--]
Members
994 posts

I have faced FDR in numerous matches now a couple with a SuperUni CV on my side.

Fdr in one match took out both dd's in less than 5 minutes 1 was a Halland the other a Gearing then to prove how smart Wegee was he went after our cv and had him down to half heath before a Yammy finished him off..... This is another case of A CV on live server (even in testing) that is match breaking.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
639
[TNG]
Members
563 posts
13,876 battles
27 minutes ago, TorpedoBonk said:

Can't say I've seen that. I've seen the T10 German CV tear apart cruisers with those rockets and the torps looks solid also.

This.

Those AP rockets are disgusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12,627 posts
14,320 battles
17 minutes ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

This.

Those AP rockets are disgusting.

I totally agree. And the last thing we need is less of a reason for BBs and CAs to move up in battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,763
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
5 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

roosevelt been in testing longer then the cv rework was.

That isn't hard.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,623
[PVE]
Members
15,364 posts
33,351 battles
1 hour ago, TorpedoBonk said:

Can't say I've seen that. I've seen the T10 German CV tear apart cruisers with those rockets and the torps looks solid also.

 

40 minutes ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

This.

Those AP rockets are disgusting.

 

19 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I totally agree. And the last thing we need is less of a reason for BBs and CAs to move up in battles.

Watched a lot of replays of the new KM CV's yesterday after they had NDA removed and could be played in stream.

  • AP rockets hit hard IF and only IF the CV player can shoot them at broadside Cruisers and BB's. Angled and they are like ship gun AP = bounce, shatter, do little or nothing. If they get the side though they can do a lot of damage and get a lot of citadels (Cruisers). Vs DD the rockets do almost nothing regardless of angle (think BB AP only 10%) which should make most happy as that seems to be the biggest CV gripe = HE Rocket planes too OP vs DD.  
  • Torps = FAST! Lots of DD's getting caught with them. I think once people catch on to how fast they are that will lessen. Low damage though. Very low even to a DD.
  • Bombs. AP bombs that can citadel easy from what I saw IF and only IF you can line up the attack right (harder with these due to height and where reticle is).
  • Planes are super soft. Saw replays of T4/T6/T8 and they all had squadrons that melted fast. Even the T4's. No idea what the T10 planes will be HP wise but the others seem to have really fragile planes. Even worse than IJN. Didn't look like they had massive reserves aka: Kaga either.

Think the new KM CV's will be different and something new to fascinate people for a while but in the end I don't think they will overtake US or IJN  as top dawg CV's. Might be better than BRN?

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,123
[WPORT]
Members
13,499 posts
17,593 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

 

 

Watched a lot of replays of the new KM CV's yesterday after they had NDA removed and could be played in stream.

  • AP rockets hit hard IF and only IF the CV player can shoot them at broadside Cruisers and BB's. Angled and they are like ship gun AP = bounce, shatter, do little or nothing. If they get the side though they can do a lot of damage and get a lot of citadels (Cruisers). Vs DD the rockets do almost nothing regardless of angle (think BB AP only 10%) which should make most happy as that seems to be the biggest CV gripe = HE Rocket planes too OP vs DD.  
  • Torps = FAST! Lots of DD's getting caught with them. I think once people catch on to how fast they are that will lessen. Low damage though. Very low even to a DD.
  • Bombs. AP bombs that can citadel easy from what I saw IF and only IF you can line up the attack right (harder with these due to height and where reticle is).
  • Planes are super soft. Saw replays of T4/T6/T8 and they all had squadrons that melted fast. Even the T4's. No idea what the T10 planes will be HP wise but the others seem to have really fragile planes. Even worse than IJN. Didn't look like they had massive reserves aka: Kaga either.

Think the new KM CV's will be different and something new to fascinate people for a while but in the end I don't think they will overtake US or IJN  as top dawg CV's. Might be better than BRN?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
The information is good food for thought.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,623
[PVE]
Members
15,364 posts
33,351 battles
6 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
The information is good food for thought.

More just passing on what I saw than knowledge. Watched Mr G and Flambass play them and they are both good CV players (even if Flambass whines like a :Smile_child: about CV's all the time :Smile_veryhappy:). 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
17 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

More just passing on what I saw than knowledge. Watched Mr G and Flambass play them and they are both good CV players (even if Flambass whines like a :Smile_child: about CV's all the time :Smile_veryhappy:). 

Mr G. is very solid and he teachs everyone willing to understand how to avoid CV's. He is always running his space hakuryu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,623
[PVE]
Members
15,364 posts
33,351 battles
1 minute ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Mr G. is very solid and he teachs everyone willing to understand how to avoid CV's. He is always running his space hakuryu.

I saw him play space Haku so much I bought the camo myself. :cap_fainting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I saw him play space Haku so much I bought the camo myself. :cap_fainting:

is that camo available???

Cause on midway and audacious there were just 1.

i am farming money to get my haku 17/28kk until now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,623
[PVE]
Members
15,364 posts
33,351 battles
25 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

is that camo available???

Cause on midway and audacious there were just 1.

i am farming money to get my haku 17/28kk until now.

It was about 2-3 weeks ago when I got it. 8K Doubloons though so pricey.

Midway and Audacious weren't in space battles or whatever special mode that camo is from I don't believe; hence no alt camo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
572 posts
27 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

Flambass is playing them right now and the KM are just sickkkkkk

I was watching him for a brief moment playing the Tier VIII KM CV.

I wasn't too impressed with the AP Rockets.  He had about 12-14 Citadel hits in a single match, mostly with AP rockets, but didn't break 100k damage.  The highest it with multiple citadels was about 10k damage.  The cruisers he used them against were already dead due to their bad positioning.

I haven't seen the Tier X in action yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×