You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Toxygene

F.D. Roosevelt

41 comments in this topic

[O2]
Members
226 posts

I ran into this today on red team. I was in Kutuzov and after two passes, I was a burning wreck. The rocket planes on that CV can take out any CL and DD in 2 passes. The driver was clearly experienced as he carefully timed his attacks. But I would think even an inexperienced driver would be able to own the game. So there's that.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,811 battles

just dodge, its balansed.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,573 posts
15,619 battles

Still haven't heard when it's coming out or what the currency is going to be. It's like it is in extended tweaking.

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,811 battles

roosevelt been in testing longer then the cv rework was.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
7 hours ago, Lord_Magus said:

1 hour ago, Toxygene said:

I ran into this today on red team. I was in Kutuzov and after two passes, I was a burning wreck. The rocket planes on that CV can take out any CL and DD in 2 passes. The driver was clearly experienced as he carefully timed his attacks. But I would think even an inexperienced driver would be able to own the game. So there's that.

Looks like there is no planes to spare on FDR, that is why her hits are so hard. i faced one once, and it took a lot from me on my ignis purgatio.

people running it are the ST they are clearly experienced players. they get the strong points of the ship 

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
2 hours ago, Toxygene said:

Yeah we have been Discussing RDR among other things in this thread. If you want quite a few thoughts from various players in short order here can check this out.

Alpha Tester
6,439 posts
3,249 battles

Yikes. I just looked up the FDR and while I generally don't have as big of a problem with CVs, AP rockets just look like they're going to add more fuel to the hate fire. 

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
10 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Yikes. I just looked up the FDR and while I generally don't have as big of a problem with CVs, AP rockets just look like they're going to add more fuel to the hate fire. 

She has HE rockets. AP rockets were early speculation that turned out to be wrong. That's the German CV line and so far, they have been pretty unimpressive if we are being honest. FDR has the same HVAR rockets that Midway has, however instead of the 30 per attack run Midway does FDR does 60 and with a different reticle. On one hand they definitely hurt, on the other hand the planes are as slow as a T4's and if they didn't hurt she would basically be completely impotent.

[INTEL]
Members
13,033 posts
35,958 battles
9 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

if they didn't hurt she would basically be completely impotent.

You say that like its a problem.

• Haha 3
  • Boring 6

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
37 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

You say that like its a problem.

It is when it lands on your team and the other team's CV isn't.

• Cool 1

[BONKS]
Members
693 posts
3,376 battles
2 hours ago, Tekina_ said:

That's the German CV line and so far, they have been pretty unimpressive

Can't say I've seen that. I've seen the T10 German CV tear apart cruisers with those rockets and the torps looks solid also.

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

I have faced FDR in numerous matches now a couple with a SuperUni CV on my side.

Fdr in one match took out both dd's in less than 5 minutes 1 was a Halland the other a Gearing then to prove how smart Wegee was he went after our cv and had him down to half heath before a Yammy finished him off..... This is another case of A CV on live server (even in testing) that is match breaking.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PN]
Members
213 posts
9,393 battles
27 minutes ago, TorpedoBonk said:

Can't say I've seen that. I've seen the T10 German CV tear apart cruisers with those rockets and the torps looks solid also.

This.

Those AP rockets are disgusting.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
17 minutes ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

This.

I totally agree. And the last thing we need is less of a reason for BBs and CAs to move up in battles.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,704 posts
5 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

roosevelt been in testing longer then the cv rework was.

That isn't hard.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
11,783 posts
24,411 battles
1 hour ago, TorpedoBonk said:

40 minutes ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

This.

19 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I totally agree. And the last thing we need is less of a reason for BBs and CAs to move up in battles.

Watched a lot of replays of the new KM CV's yesterday after they had NDA removed and could be played in stream.

• AP rockets hit hard IF and only IF the CV player can shoot them at broadside Cruisers and BB's. Angled and they are like ship gun AP = bounce, shatter, do little or nothing. If they get the side though they can do a lot of damage and get a lot of citadels (Cruisers). Vs DD the rockets do almost nothing regardless of angle (think BB AP only 10%) which should make most happy as that seems to be the biggest CV gripe = HE Rocket planes too OP vs DD.  
  • Torps = FAST! Lots of DD's getting caught with them. I think once people catch on to how fast they are that will lessen. Low damage though. Very low even to a DD.
  • Bombs. AP bombs that can citadel easy from what I saw IF and only IF you can line up the attack right (harder with these due to height and where reticle is).
  • Planes are super soft. Saw replays of T4/T6/T8 and they all had squadrons that melted fast. Even the T4's. No idea what the T10 planes will be HP wise but the others seem to have really fragile planes. Even worse than IJN. Didn't look like they had massive reserves aka: Kaga either.

Think the new KM CV's will be different and something new to fascinate people for a while but in the end I don't think they will overtake US or IJN  as top dawg CV's. Might be better than BRN?

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,389 posts
10,416 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Watched a lot of replays of the new KM CV's yesterday after they had NDA removed and could be played in stream.

• AP rockets hit hard IF and only IF the CV player can shoot them at broadside Cruisers and BB's. Angled and they are like ship gun AP = bounce, shatter, do little or nothing. If they get the side though they can do a lot of damage and get a lot of citadels (Cruisers). Vs DD the rockets do almost nothing regardless of angle (think BB AP only 10%) which should make most happy as that seems to be the biggest CV gripe = HE Rocket planes too OP vs DD.  
  • Torps = FAST! Lots of DD's getting caught with them. I think once people catch on to how fast they are that will lessen. Low damage though. Very low even to a DD.
  • Bombs. AP bombs that can citadel easy from what I saw IF and only IF you can line up the attack right (harder with these due to height and where reticle is).
  • Planes are super soft. Saw replays of T4/T6/T8 and they all had squadrons that melted fast. Even the T4's. No idea what the T10 planes will be HP wise but the others seem to have really fragile planes. Even worse than IJN. Didn't look like they had massive reserves aka: Kaga either.

Think the new KM CV's will be different and something new to fascinate people for a while but in the end I don't think they will overtake US or IJN  as top dawg CV's. Might be better than BRN?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
The information is good food for thought.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,783 posts
24,411 battles
6 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
The information is good food for thought.

More just passing on what I saw than knowledge. Watched Mr G and Flambass play them and they are both good CV players (even if Flambass whines like a :Smile_child: about CV's all the time :Smile_veryhappy:). 

• Haha 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
17 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

More just passing on what I saw than knowledge. Watched Mr G and Flambass play them and they are both good CV players (even if Flambass whines like a :Smile_child: about CV's all the time :Smile_veryhappy:). 

Mr G. is very solid and he teachs everyone willing to understand how to avoid CV's. He is always running his space hakuryu.

[PVE]
Members
11,783 posts
24,411 battles
1 minute ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Mr G. is very solid and he teachs everyone willing to understand how to avoid CV's. He is always running his space hakuryu.

I saw him play space Haku so much I bought the camo myself. :cap_fainting:

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I saw him play space Haku so much I bought the camo myself. :cap_fainting:

is that camo available???

Cause on midway and audacious there were just 1.

i am farming money to get my haku 17/28kk until now.

[PVE]
Members
11,783 posts
24,411 battles
25 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

is that camo available???

Cause on midway and audacious there were just 1.

i am farming money to get my haku 17/28kk until now.

It was about 2-3 weeks ago when I got it. 8K Doubloons though so pricey.

Midway and Audacious weren't in space battles or whatever special mode that camo is from I don't believe; hence no alt camo.

[D33P6]
Members
563 posts
27 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

Flambass is playing them right now and the KM are just sickkkkkk

I was watching him for a brief moment playing the Tier VIII KM CV.

I wasn't too impressed with the AP Rockets.  He had about 12-14 Citadel hits in a single match, mostly with AP rockets, but didn't break 100k damage.  The highest it with multiple citadels was about 10k damage.  The cruisers he used them against were already dead due to their bad positioning.

I haven't seen the Tier X in action yet.