Sign in to follow this  
Slimeball91

Halland captain skills?

11 comments in this topic

[SBS]
Members
5,903 posts

I've got 13 points so far, and I have enough elite commander XP to get to 19 points.  I already have PT, LS, SE, TAE, and CE.  I have two different thoughts for the last 6 points.  Option 1 is RPF and AR, the second option I'm entertaining is BFT and SI.  The build I have is certainly towards a torp boat, and I think that's the Halland's strength.  RPF/AR would help avoid other DDs when I don't want to risk an engagement, AR is for faster torp reload (although you do have the heal that counter acts AR).  Going the BFT/SI route gives the Halland a bit more utility with the reload for the guns and better AA, and extra charge of consumables to better leverage that utility.  I'd love to hears you thoughts, or other ideas.

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PWSD110&modules=11111&upgrades=124222&commander=PCW001&skills=3221667841&ar=100&consumables=1111&pos=0

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PWSD110&modules=11111&upgrades=124222&commander=PCW001&skills=2151055361&consumables=1111&pos=0

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
982 posts
8,969 battles
24 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I've got 13 points so far, and I have enough elite commander XP to get to 19 points.  I already have PT, LS, SE, TAE, and CE.  I have two different thoughts for the last 6 points.  Option 1 is RPF and AR, the second option I'm entertaining is BFT and SI.  The build I have is certainly towards a torp boat, and I think that's the Halland's strength.  RPF/AR would help avoid other DDs when I don't want to risk an engagement, AR is for faster torp reload (although you do have the heal that counter acts AR).  Going the BFT/SI route gives the Halland a bit more utility with the reload for the guns and better AA, and extra charge of consumables to better leverage that utility.  I'd love to hears you thoughts, or other ideas.

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PWSD110&modules=11111&upgrades=124222&commander=PCW001&skills=3221667841&ar=100&consumables=1111&pos=0

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PWSD110&modules=11111&upgrades=124222&commander=PCW001&skills=2151055361&consumables=1111&pos=0

This is the build I've been running with the Halland and has been working very well, but I spec mine for pure torpedo power, which I think is what this ship calls for. The guns are good enough on their own for your basic needs. 

Averaging 74k damage through 38 games so far. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=4,12,17,18,20,23,25,28&ship=Destroyer

RPF I think would be, not a waste, but maybe a misuse. Halland isn't really a DD hunter in the role you want to play it as, though torping DDs in smoke would become a bit easier. AR is definitely a solid choice. SI is absolutely one you want, especially for speed boost to make up for what I think is Halland's biggest weakness; sluggish speed. 

I would much rather have AR over BFT, since it affects your torpedoes as well. Your AA is pretty damn strong as is.

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
5,903 posts
8 hours ago, Falls_USMC said:

RPF I think would be, not a waste, but maybe a misuse.

I don't disagree with your reasoning here.  I'm not too proud to admit that I'm not a great DD player so I tend to use RPF as a bit of a crutch, to avoid trouble as much as to go after other DDs.  With the so-so concealment and Halland's long range torps I can see spending a fair amount of time hanging back from the front lines so RPF is certainly less productive there.

I think your build is interesting and one worth considering.  Thanks for sharing it.

Edited by Slimeball91
  • Thanks 1

Members
482 posts
13,839 battles

As a DD with no smoke RPF is a life saver if your planning to contest caps, to have better info about the likelihood of encountering a DD as you make an approach and help to preemptively torp an enemy DDs most likely capping position, Holland can be a fierce anti DD threat with torps in capping situations and RPF helps with this a great deal.

• Cool 3

[SBS]
Members
5,903 posts
1 hour ago, Visidious said:

As a DD with no smoke RPF is a life saver...

That's what I was thinking.

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
982 posts
8,969 battles
1 hour ago, Visidious said:

As a DD with no smoke RPF is a life saver if your planning to contest caps, to have better info about the likelihood of encountering a DD as you make an approach and help to preemptively torp an enemy DDs most likely capping position, Holland can be a fierce anti DD threat with torps in capping situations and RPF helps with this a great deal.

Very legit point. I run RPF on Black for exactly this reason. I think when I finally have the free XP for Smaland, that'll be my RPF Euro boat. 

[TSIOF]
Members
2 posts
6,286 battles

I tend to skip SI, mainly because I don't really run out of consumables. My build is as follows: PT, PM, AR, LS, SE, TAE, BFT, CE with module survival and torpedo mods.

RPF doesn't seem super useful considering how predictable DDs are on the NA server. So just ask yourself where you would sit on the other side of the cap and torp there for early game dev strikes. 

Remember that while Halland is a torpedo boat the bofors 120s have some of the best DD DPM in the game so don't be afraid to take isolated fights where you can go dark either by sinking whatever is in front of you or running outside of your gun range.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,030 posts
5,690 battles

This is my Halland build, I have 3 points left to get on this captain, I can't decide between SI and SE.   SE is more base life, but SI is another heal...which is more effective HP?

shot-20.07.15_22.02.28-0876.jpg

shot-20.07.15_22.02.25-0619.jpg

[SBS]
Members
5,903 posts
On 7/15/2020 at 10:08 PM, Zenn3k said:

This is my Halland build, I have 3 points left to get on this captain, I can't decide between SI and SE.   SE is more base life, but SI is another heal...which is more effective HP?

That's a good question.  Let's look at the numbers.  SE gives you another 3,500 hp at T10.  A single heal gives you up to 14%, a maximum of 2,688 hp.  So SE gives more HP than that extra heal.

That's not all we need to consider.  I'm pretty sure your repair party gives up to 14% of your total hp, meaning you'll get more per heal when you increase you total hp pool with SE.  As I said you get 2,688 per heal with your base hp pool.  With the extra hp from SE each heal can give you up to 3,178 hp.  The theoretical total hp you can have with SE (without having SI) is 32,234.  With SI your total could be up to 29,952.  I'd say its a no brainer to go with survivability expert, from a HP standpoint.  The extra DFAA, and speed boost with SI have a value too.       

• Cool 1

Members
219 posts
9,749 battles

I've been loving playing Halland. I use this build on the special captain and its fantastic: 

PM (only 2 turrets and I've actually had them broken so went PM instead of PT)

LS AR 

SE TAE (your out 1 heal due to not having SI but your spitting torps like crazy)

CE RL (radio location is super useful)

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,243 posts
12,671 battles
10 hours ago, PowerSurged said:

I've been loving playing Halland. I use this build on the special captain and its fantastic: 

PM (only 2 turrets and I've actually had them broken so went PM instead of PT)

LS AR 

SE TAE (your out 1 heal due to not having SI but your spitting torps like crazy)

CE RL (radio location is super useful)

That's my commander skills too. But I am considering replacing SE with SI since I try not to get into gun fight with other DD in general. Extra pop of DFAA and heal can be useful.

Sign in to follow this