Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BanCVComplainers

Add these hidden values to the ships in port

11 comments in this topic

[NH]
Members
1,769 posts

Firstly whats up with hidden information not displayed on ships in port? It seems there is some good information that should be exposed. Having this information in game would allow the player to make more informed choices about their ship, ship modules and commander build. This could potentially save a player money, as all of those things have the option of being changed with doubloons.

1. HP amount of turrets

2. HP amount of AA mounts

3. HP amount of secondary guns

By knowing the above information you could know which modules would be best for your ship. Main battery mod 1 or auxiliary armaments mod 2. Some decisions could be made about which ships have better attributes. 

4. Aerial torpedo chance to flood - Again here we are with same missing information. Which ship do I choose if I want to get the most floods or, when should I use flags to increase flood chance?

5. AP bomb penetration values - Also a big mystery on how much armor they can pen. They don't have MM sizes on the bombs but instead just lbs so its trial and error against many many ships so you have to remember that to know. There needs to be something else.

6. Aircraft maneuverability - We have information on surface ship rudder times but can we get information about how certain aircraft can turn or speed up and slow down? This would allow a more direct comparison of CV planes. Many of the tech tree lines the aircraft themselves get switched out to different ones when you go from A hull to B hull. Its nice to know what certain planes can do.

7. Aircraft reticle aim speed - Here would could use that information to make informed choices in our captain build. Knowing how fast or slow the reticle collapses is important when choosing commander skills such as adding plane speed or, choosing sight stabilization commander skill.

8. Secondary gun dispersion values are known but not displayed in port. Yet we have commander still that we need to make a choice to decide to use that reduces an unseen value.

If anyone could add any that I forgot it would be most helpful. 

Edited by Ban_CV_Complainers
  • Cool 1

[GRAVE]
Members
1,271 posts
18,799 battles

AP shell pen at 5, 10, 15 (if the ship can fire that far) 20km (if it can reach that distance) and max range

Effective armor thickness depending on slope of armor and if a shell impacts at a 30, 45, or 60 degree angle

AP auto bounce angles

AP fuse arming threshold and fuse time

Ship’s sigma value (when hovering over it, brief description of what sigma is)

Gun firing angles

Shell travel time to 5, 10, 15, and max range for AP and HE.

off the top of my head, those seem reasonable to include in the port screen, as everything there can be quite important as to how good a ship is, but the game doesn’t really tell you

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[SOCOM]
[SOCOM]
Members
636 posts
21,595 battles

Use the WOW wiki.

if you put your cursor over the module I.E. open main armament cursor over the main guns it should say max mm pen and such   damage etc . then go over the sec if they have and it gives all the basic into and it is the same for each attribute.

This is the only two answers I can offer hope it helps

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,258 posts

You want the server to melt down? The port UI barely functions now. But hey, we got improved lighting in fifteen different ports nobody cares about.

[KOBK]
Members
233 posts
4,053 battles

Some of the features of planes that you are asking appeas if you click on -> modules -> each plane from each cv

[5D7]
Members
142 posts
7,307 battles
2 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

You want the server to melt down? The port UI barely functions now. But hey, we got improved lighting in fifteen different ports nobody cares about.

The server does not render the port.

[NH]
Members
1,769 posts
On 7/5/2020 at 11:50 PM, Nabucodonosor21 said:

Some of the features of planes that you are asking appeas if you click on -> modules -> each plane from each cv

Which are you speaking of?

Now we also need AP pen values for German CV rockets.

Edited by Ban_CV_Complainers

[KOBK]
Members
233 posts
4,053 battles
1 hour ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Which are you speaking of?

6 and 7 i think they are in the plane module section

[NH]
Members
1,769 posts
32 minutes ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

6 and 7 i think they are in the plane module section

I see the plane top speed but not the acceleration and deceleration or even plane turning values( turning radius). I also cant find 7 which is how fast the reticle collapses. I can see how long the attack run is though.  Do you mind sharing a screenshot if you can locate?

Members
727 posts
9,871 battles

Main and secondary gun dispersion should be displayed in a way that doesn't depend on maximum range, there should be some data about acceleration, heal consumables should show what percentage of penetration and citadel damage is repaired, and the Colbert should have a special warning not to get dev struck by a kurfurst.

Edited by WernerHerzdog

Sign in to follow this