You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grimm262

Does it get better?

9 comments in this topic

[BBMOD]
Members
344 posts
5,667 battles

One of the recent Directive missions requires 950K damage done in RU cruisers.

Perfect time to start RU cruisers I thought! I have gone through both French and Italian lines already. How hard can it be?

I got about half way through Budyonny when I hit the mission total. I am now happy to park them. The things just seem to be shell magnets and it only takes one or two to ruin my day. Both the French and Italians seem to have more wiggle to them and are able to dodge long range fire more effectively.

So my question is this, do the RU cruisers continue to be the ultimate glass cannons past T6?

[KWF]
Members
4,207 posts
6,355 battles

Nope, both Shchors and Chapayev continue this trend. In their case, their range and excellent ballistics is their armor.

• Cool 1

Members
3,696 posts
22,091 battles

The existing Russian cruiser line have very poor armor. You always want to be mid range to edge of range with them so you don't get focused easily and have more time to WASD out of trouble.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,731 posts
19,740 battles

The whole reason they have 12km radar is to suck you into a death trap....

[RLGN]
Members
13,816 posts
24,064 battles

Maybe if I could long range shoot worth a damn I’d like them more.

RU cruisers and anything else that’s supposed to fight at longer ranges is basically a hard pass for me.

Must be nice being one of those players who seem to get lots of straight sailing idiots that make using such ships seem easy.

Members
249 posts
2 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

The whole reason they have 12km radar is to suck you into a death trap....

The radar is a late game tool.  Do NOT push up to a cap to use your radar at the beginning of the game.  You are a threat AND you’re squishy, which makes you a favorite target of everyone.

Members
249 posts
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

RU cruisers and anything else that’s supposed to fight at longer ranges is basically a hard pass for me.

Must be nice being one of those players who seem to get lots of straight sailing idiots that make using such ships seem easy.

When you target someone, watch how they maneuver.  You’ll begin to see pattens that will let you predict what they are going to do, and aim for that spot.  This has greatly improved my long range gunnery.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,037 posts
7,803 battles
10 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I don't really get those, honestly. It's part of why I have trouble enjoying ships like the US CAs and CLs by high tier, as I can only easily predict a 10 second lead max. 15 seconds is when I start to miss a lot, and 20 seconds I question why I boosted Sims' range again, as I already tested that to hilarious results.

[BOTO]
Members
1,195 posts
14,466 battles
On 7/4/2020 at 9:23 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

I have no problems hitting maneuvering ships at long range with RU cruisers.  It's one of the strengths of the line.

I take it you really struggle to hit anything over 10km away with USN cruisers?