Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ixnehc

cherry blossoms

18 comments in this topic

[PAOLO]
Members
28 posts
9,126 battles

Remember operation cherry blossoms? IIRC it was "temporarily unavailable" due to CV rework but i guess everyone forgot

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,182 posts
12,718 battles

I don’t think it has been forgotten, I think people have given up hope it will ever return

• Cool 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,063 posts
19,374 battles

IIRC it was put on the back burner. The question was brought up about new Operations and the answer was there were more pressing issues they were focused on at the time. I imagine it is still on the back burner for now.

[KIA-T]
Members
121 posts
17,411 battles

Operations with AI cvs/planes (Hermes, Cherry, Raptor rescue, Dynamo) were removed after the rework, only Raptor Rescue came back.

[WPORT]
Members
9,766 posts
14,296 battles
1 hour ago, ixnehc said:

Remember operation cherry blossoms? IIRC it was "temporarily unavailable" due to CV rework but i guess everyone forgot

I played it.
I'm hoping it will return.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,446 posts
10,669 battles
39 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

The question was brought up about new Operations and the answer was there were more pressing issues they were focused on at the time.

Yes more "pressing issues"

But hey they got time to dump in the split USN BBs :Smile_sceptic:

• Boring 1

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
24 minutes ago, Sebazul11 said:

Operations with AI cvs/planes (Hermes, Cherry, Raptor rescue, Dynamo) were removed after the rework, only Raptor Rescue came back.

Narai also has a CV but you don't see it until 1/2 way through the OP and barely unless you are the one that goes off to kill it.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,119 posts
9,223 battles
15 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Narai also has a CV but you don't see it until 1/2 way through the OP and barely unless you are the one that goes off to kill it.

Said CV also doesn't launch planes, making her not need a CV specific AI.

[LOU1]
Members
4,254 posts
12,836 battles
23 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Yes more "pressing issues"

But hey they got time to dump in the split USN BBs :Smile_sceptic:

Far easier and more straightforward to design a ship as opposed to programming multiple bot actions.  Cherry Blossom includes an extensive air battle that couldn't be removed.  In Narai, WOWS pretty much removed the planes altogether.

And, WOWS is working on Night Battles:

Edited by ExploratorOne

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
16 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Said CV also doesn't launch planes, making her not need a CV specific AI.

Yep but it should to add a little more flavor to that OP at the end.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,119 posts
9,223 battles
5 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Yep but it should to add a little more flavor to that OP at the end.

Honestly, enough people somehow manage to die to Phoenix and the DD that I'd prefer they rebalance that direction if they turned the CV on. Getting 5 stars in a matchmade group is already annoying as it stands.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
32 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Honestly, enough people somehow manage to die to Phoenix and the DD that I'd prefer they rebalance that direction if they turned the CV on. Getting 5 stars in a matchmade group is already annoying as it stands.

Yeah it's frustrating and you can only hope the one or two that undertake that part of the Op can actually finish the job.

[X-PN]
Members
1,757 posts
12,838 battles
20 minutes ago, Tim__2016 said:

new ships make them money operations not much money in it

Yes and no.  Operations make money indirectly (I dare say a lot more money given the effort to make them), but since it's hard to quantify on a spreadsheet, the back burner it goes.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,281 posts
23,901 battles
7 hours ago, ixnehc said:

They didn't forget....   This simply couldn't have Cherry Blossom and Update 8.0 running.   The new carrier AI won't work anymore.  Imagine current rocket planes in CB.....yikes !   CB won't be back because the fix to the scenario's planes isn't cost effective.  They de valued the rest of the scenarios; and, tinkered with them so that 5 stars is harder to get and that produces less value.  They are trying to force people back into Randoms.  A great many of us left randoms for COOP and won't go back. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FORM]
Members
2,381 posts
13,542 battles
15 hours ago, ixnehc said:

That mission got pulled about a week after I bought the Sims specifically to use in that mission. So no, everyone didn't forget... maybe everyone at WG, but not everyone else.

Sign in to follow this