You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Commadore_Crunch

New US BBs.....FORTY SECOND RELOAD???

83 comments in this topic

[WARGS]
Members
59 posts
8,032 battles

So the current stats show a 40 second reload on the main guns on the new US BB Split? , yes they are in development but...what player is going to play a ship with 40 seconds for a reload in a BB?

Russian Bias much??

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 2

[WOLF7]
Members
12,595 posts

WG excels at under performing US ships, so they can sell you Mass and Georgia....:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[DOG]
Members
1,107 posts
11,782 battles

Yeah, that will be rough, especially if their accuracy sucks.  At least with the tier IX and X you can get it down to 35.2 seconds, and with 12 guns each, you can stagger the forward and rear turrets if it really bothers you, firing 6 guns every 20 seconds or so if no one gives you a juicy broadside.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,165 battles

Yea but the good news is you can grab a beer  make yourself a cheeseburger and be back in time to fire again. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,674 posts
7,474 battles
12 minutes ago, Commadore_Crunch said:

So the current stats show a 40 second reload on the main guns on the new US BB Split? , yes they are in development but...what player is going to play a ship with 40 seconds for a reload in a BB?

Russian Bias much??

The VMF ships with lower broadside weight are also above 30s, but you can decrease it in either case with MBM3 (except at t8). They're just not as long because they can't cause other ships to evaporate in one volley as easily as these things. In the end I bet WG adjusts their reload down despite how horrifying it will be to stuff that gets caught out by them. 1.7 sigma on 12 16" guns at T8?

But no, let's cry rUsSiAn BiAs instead lmbo.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[-RNG-]
Members
544 posts
13,360 battles
9 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

Yeah, that will be rough, especially if their accuracy sucks.  At least with the tier IX and X you can get it down to 35.2 seconds, and with 12 guns each, you can stagger the forward and rear turrets if it really bothers you, firing 6 guns every 20 seconds or so if no one gives you a juicy broadside.

1.7 sigma across the board.  Think Lyon...

Members
111 posts
5,439 battles

The kremlin has a 33 second reload with 9 guns, and I don't think anyone is saying that it is weak. So 40 second reload on 12 guns may not be that bad. Granted the kremlin gets accuracy perks at closer range and Russian shell ballistics, maybe the American alt line will get some special perks (Great secondaries would be awesome, make the things slow mobile fortresses).

[SNGNS]
Members
487 posts
6,026 battles
2 minutes ago, TheCompGuy25 said:

1.7 sigma across the board.  Think Lyon...

the thing about Lyon is that it gets French accuracy which is German accuracy. American accuracy is way better.

[SIDE]
Members
4,673 posts
17 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

You don't want lightly armored ships this big and slow turned enough to stagger the rear turrets.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,673 posts
On 7/4/2020 at 1:22 PM, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

The kremlin has a 33 second reload with 9 guns, and I don't think anyone is saying that it is weak. So 40 second reload on 12 guns may not be that bad. Granted the kremlin gets accuracy perks at closer range and Russian shell ballistics, maybe the American alt line will get some special perks (Great secondaries would be awesome, make the things slow mobile fortresses).

Kremlin that has accuracy perks that actually work at all ranges in game. Fixed.

Edited by thebigblue

[WORX]
Members
10,631 posts
18,539 battles
17 minutes ago, Commadore_Crunch said:

Russian Bias much??

So far, USN BBs are accurate... The other BBs in the game need the nerf bat (especially the high tier ones).

They have 4 turrets mounts with triple guns.. That is a lot of fire power and not enough threats against (other then Fire) to balance out the threats.

• Boring 2

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

They are still WiP so that is likely to change with testing. However, they have lots of big guns so long reload seems like a valid balance.

[SIM]
Members
4,928 posts
8,006 battles

Hey everybody! Let’s focus on one stat in a vacuum and pretend like that’s definitive!!!! :cap_book:

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLF4]
Members
453 posts
7,127 battles

Yeah they all look horrible from the initial stats. For me the biggest issue is the 23 knot speed, its just so bad. It should be at least 25 or 26.

[FDK]
Members
1,251 posts
1 hour ago, Commadore_Crunch said:

Russian Bias much??

35 Seconds would be nice.

[SOCOM]
[SOCOM]
Members
636 posts
21,543 battles

What do you expect. They have to field ships from drawing boards of the 50 - 60's just to compete, wonder if there will be a bounty on american ships

[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles

If I were WeeGee and if I wanted to keep their atrocious 40 seconds reload, then I would consider giving other facets of the main guns some buffs. Maybe a tiny more damage per shell, a bit better penetration, a bit better shell velocity, a great air drag ratio, and etc... but that's just me. :Smile_hiding:

It looks to me like these new USN BB's are kinds of ships that put all their eggs in one basket labeled "Atrociously slow but super heavy devastating salvo." Better make your shots count, I guess. Then again, that has already been the name of the game for the existing USN standards in the game, I suppose... lol. :Smile_hiding:

[XXX]
Members
520 posts
927 battles
9 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

If I were WeeGee and if I wanted to keep their atrocious 40 seconds reload, then I would consider giving other facets of the main guns some buffs. Maybe a tiny more damage per shell, a bit better penetration, a bit better shell velocity, a great air drag ratio, and etc... but that's just me. :Smile_hiding:

It looks to me like these new USN BB's are kinds of ships that put all their eggs in one basket labeled "Atrociously slow but super heavy devastating salvo." Better make your shots count, I guess. Then again, that has already been the name of the game for the existing USN standards in the game, I suppose... lol. :Smile_hiding:

The funny thing is...there were ships designed entirely around focusing on guns over all else, including speed and Armor...know what they were...Monitors and Coastal Ships.

That's what these US BBs are...they're not Battleships, they're Monitors on steroids.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monitor_(warship)

Members
814 posts
5,687 battles

I'm interested in most new lines. This is a dud for me. There is nothing about these ships that other ships don't do better. I'll be quite happy playing my Ohio over this new garbage tier 10. 

• Cool 1

[WMD]
Members
1,619 posts
9,753 battles

Russian Bias much??

How would you balance 12 18" guns?

Members
409 posts
6,036 battles

US Standards are designed for armor and gunfire.  Speed only needs to be able to keep the battle line together.  Having oceans as your main defense and being isolationistic at the time, Americans would force the enemy to come to them.  No need to chase the enemy down in the open ocean.  If you want to take an American port that, you will have to get past the line of battleships which probably have more guns than you do, and have 'all or nothing' armor.  At least that was the plan.

[NFJF]
Members
653 posts
9,884 battles

Russian Bias much??

Pretty sure the USN guns will have higher alpha to compensate. Kremlin shells only do 14.5 per cit where as USN 457s on GA, and OH, do 15.75 per cit. Maybe Vermont's alpha will be even higher. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,117 posts
18,970 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

Hey everybody! Let’s focus on one stat in a vacuum and pretend like that’s definitive!!!! :cap_book:

Of course. That's how the WG forums do.

• Funny 1

Members
409 posts
6,036 battles

Vermont has probably the highest alpha in the game with twelve 18"guns.  Even Yamato doesn't have that kind of broadside.