Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
joegils1

Why no german T10 heavy cruiser?

19 comments in this topic

[WHARF]
Members
31 posts
16,077 battles

This is something that just boggles my mind and would like an answer from anyone who might have an idea of what the hell happened. The Sigfried was supposed to be a T10 heavy from its conception a couple years ago if I remember correctly. Why would WG then put it with the Odin and have 2 freaking T9 heavies, and no T10? Is it just that WG didnt want to create anything that can go against their precious russian heavies like the Stalingrad or to take on the PR? Is there an even remotely good reason for no german T10 heavy, or is WG being themselves and just wrecking a great idea? In my mind they had the chance to do it right, but blew it....again. Any ideas on why the omission?

Edited by joegils1

[TAZ]
Members
769 posts

Do you means AGIR which is the tier IX  CA, because ODIN is a tier VIII BB?

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,421 battles
33 minutes ago, joegils1 said:

This is something that just boggles my mind and would like an answer from anyone who might have an idea of what the hell happened. The Sigfried was supposed to be a T10 heavy from its conception a couple years ago if I remember correctly. Why would WG then put it with the Odin and have 2 freaking T9 heavies, and no T10? Is it just that WG didnt want to create anything that can go against their precious russian heavies like the Stalingrad or to take on the PR? Is there an even remotely good reason for no german T10 heavy, or is WG being themselves and just wrecking a great idea? In my mind they had the chance to do it right, but blew it....again. Any ideas on why the omission?

What's wrong with Hindenburg?  I have no problem taking on PR or Stalingrad in mine.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,629 posts
4,997 battles
21 minutes ago, joegils1 said:

You remember incorrectly.  Siegfried was always at Tier IX.  Agir was added later, also at Tier IX.  No Tier X German cruiser has been announced, but Sigfriend and Agir were just released.  Give them some time.

[FDK]
Members
1,251 posts
1 hour ago, joegils1 said:

You seem to be a little confused.

Germans have indeed a Heavy Cruiser, and it's name is Hinderburg.

On the other hand; Pueto Rico, Azuma, Siegfried, etc. are "Large Cruisers" (Though, I like more the term "Super Cruiser")

Edited by Xwing_Red1
  • Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles
5 minutes ago, Xwing_Red1 said:

You seem to be a little confused.

Germans have indeed a Heavy Cruiser, and it's name is Hinderburg.

On the other hand; Pueto Rico, Azuma, Siegfried, etc. are "Large Cruisers" (Though, I like more the term "Super Cruiser")

hes-right-you-know.jpg.2de6bb15f165f602bfee2d79fcc3461a.jpg

It looks to me like the OP needs to look up and learn about the classifications of different ship types.

• Cool 1

[ANZ4C]
Members
113 posts
6,890 battles

Hindenburg says hi, and will handily crap on Stalin with its ridiculous HE pen

Edited by GetSchwifty01

[WMD]
Members
1,619 posts
9,753 battles

Germany just got two T9 large cruisers... I'd say it's safe to say germany is not being sidelined, or ignored. 

[R-F1]
Members
28 posts
8,012 battles

isnt seigfried coming eventually

edit: oh wait thats a T9. tbh i wasnt paying attention cuz they seem so bad

Edited by ixnehc

Members
558 posts
5,048 battles
53 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

Germany just got two T9 large cruisers... I'd say it's safe to say germany is not being sidelined, or ignored. 

They only get ignored when it comes to ships that are actually any good! :cap_look:

[TNG-2]
Members
203 posts
14,166 battles

Give them time, German Supercruiser will come.

Members
727 posts
9,871 battles
3 hours ago, joegils1 said:

WG didnt want to create anything that can go against their precious russian heavies like the Stalingrad or to take on the PR?

There are many ships that can counter a Stalingrad or Puerto Rico, including German ships.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,053 posts
23,842 battles
1 hour ago, ixnehc said:

isnt seigfried coming eventually

edit: oh wait thats a T9. tbh i wasnt paying attention cuz they seem so bad

If you think Siegfried is bad then you're a lost lamb.

Battleship guns with true Cruiser Accuracy and armor better than what Cruisers typically have.  She perfectly straddles the line between BB power & protection, and Cruiser handling and gunnery.

36 minutes ago, Heed_04 said:

Give them time, German Supercruiser will come.

They're already here in the form of Siegfried & Agir.

[TNG-2]
Members
203 posts
14,166 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If you think Siegfried is bad then you're a lost lamb.

Battleship guns with true Cruiser Accuracy and armor better than what Cruisers typically have.  She perfectly straddles the line between BB power & protection, and Cruiser handling and gunnery.

They're already here in the form of Siegfried & Agir.

Tier 10, only looking for the tier 10.

[WHARF]
Members
31 posts
16,077 battles

Well well well....I must apologize. I always though the Hindy was a light cruiser because of the 203 guns and the iffy armor and the bow with not-so-good deflection angles...plus it doesnt handle anything like a light cruiser. Welp...I stand corrected. Ive had the Hindy for a long time and its my go-to CA...but it doesnt tank like a heavy..and the Turtleback is not what it used to be. Anyhoo, still love it, but its been changed a bit since I got it so I gotta use it as a kiter instead of a brawler like it was supposed to be.

Plus....the 2 T9 heavies coming out at the same time in the same class/nation just fried my mind and made no sense.

Edited by joegils1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,733 posts
17 minutes ago, joegils1 said:

Well well well....I must apologize. I always though the Hindy was a light cruiser because of the 203 guns and the iffy armor and the bow with not-so-good deflection angles...plus it doesnt handle anything like a light cruiser. Welp...I stand corrected. Ive had the Hindy for a long time and its my go-to CA...but it doesnt tank like a heavy..and the Turtleback is not what it used to be. Anyhoo, still love it, but its been changed a bit since I got it so I gotta use it as a kiter instead of a brawler like it was supposed to be.

Plus....the 2 T9 heavies coming out at the same time in the same class/nation just fried my mind and made no sense.

Iffy armor?   Bad deflection angles?

:Smile_teethhappy:

Never mind that 203mm guns is pretty much the definition of "heavy cruiser".

[WHARF]
Members
31 posts
16,077 battles

I thought they had heavier than 203 plus heavier displacement. Daaaaamn....nevermind me...I'll shut up now.

Edited by joegils1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,733 posts
5 minutes ago, joegils1 said:

I thought they had heavier than 203 plus heavier displacement. Daaaaamn....nevermind me...I'll shut up now.

Check the US cruiser lines on the US tech tree.

Light -- Helena to Worcester

Heavy -- Pensacola to Des Moines.

"Super" or "Large" -- Alaska.

Edited by KilljoyCutter

Sign in to follow this