Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Naval Legends: Submarine USS Batfish

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

6,175
[WPORT]
Members
15,262 posts
19,116 battles

Just what I needed today.
Thanks for sharing.  :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,175
[WPORT]
Members
15,262 posts
19,116 battles
2 hours ago, FailureToReport said:

USS Silversides is better, fight me.

I visited her in 2010 at her museum. 
https://silversidesmuseum.org/

Also visited the LST 393, which is a few miles away.

I haven't visited the Batfish, yet.  

Have you visited both the Silversides and the Batfish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
91
[TXGUN]
Members
235 posts
17,900 battles

Wasn't there to be a flag or some other recognition device for contributors to the Batfish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,906
[RLGN]
Members
17,941 posts
32,104 battles

About the torpedo loading gear; the museum docent about ten year back opened up the forward topedo tube inner doors when they were trying to get an outer door closed.

In one of the sealed tubes, they found a nearly complete set of loading gear, wrapped up in cosmoline paper.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
Removed otter door typo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,995
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,204 posts
5 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

About the torpedo loading gear; the museum docent about ten year back opened up the forward topedo tube inner doors when they were trying to get an otter door closed.

In one of the sealed tubes, they found a nearly complete set of loading gear, wrapped up in cosmoline paper.

Okay I know it's a typo but it makes me smile. The otter door... I'm seeing WWII sailors loading trying to stuff some poor sea otter into the tube... "I know man, it makes no sense, but the manual says the tube has an otter door. So chief said load the otters into the topedo tube... " 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[R-U-D]
Members
46 posts
6,497 battles

I must say Well Done! or Bravo Zulu, which ever you prefer.  I finally watched an episode and was impressed, and will now watch them all.  Hats off to the folks who did the work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[JEDI-]
Members
49 posts
On 7/4/2020 at 9:28 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

I visited her in 2010 at her museum. 
https://silversidesmuseum.org/

Also visited the LST 393, which is a few miles away.

I haven't visited the Batfish, yet.  

Have you visited both the Silversides and the Batfish?

No I haven't visited both, I just wanted to give my home state's fairly decorated and seemingly always ignored Sub some love ;)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[NJSQL]
Members
1 post
1,439 battles

The BatFish is in terrible trouble right now. After the flood in 2019 dang near took her back out to sea, lol.

The sub floated off it's moorings and was stopped only when it bumped some trees. It is now in danger od rolling over because they cant get it back to where it was and they need cash to pay for renovations and repairs after the flood.

I actually thought it was kind of strange that a sub has flood damage but I don't know why or how it got inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[OPG4]
Members
1,179 posts
2,305 battles
On 7/5/2020 at 8:28 PM, Herr_Reitz said:

Okay I know it's a typo but it makes me smile. The otter door... I'm seeing WWII sailors loading trying to stuff some poor sea otter into the tube... "I know man, it makes no sense, but the manual says the tube has an otter door. So chief said load the otters into the topedo tube... " 

Otter guided torpedoes coming in next update!!!

 

but why not mermaids or dolphins with build in sonar lol

 

Edited by Boomer625

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,995
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,204 posts
7 minutes ago, Boomer625 said:

Otter guided torpedoes coming in next update!!!

 

but why not mermaids or dolphins with build in sonar lol

 

That would be power creep and they haven't even delivered the otter torps! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,175
[WPORT]
Members
15,262 posts
19,116 battles
On 7/4/2020 at 10:17 PM, OKIES_NAVY said:

Wasn't there to be a flag or some other recognition device for contributors to the Batfish?

A patch was issued to people's accounts in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,175
[WPORT]
Members
15,262 posts
19,116 battles
On 7/5/2020 at 5:43 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

About the torpedo loading gear; the museum docent about ten year back opened up the forward topedo tube inner doors when they were trying to get an outer door closed.

In one of the sealed tubes, they found a nearly complete set of loading gear, wrapped up in cosmoline paper.

:cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,906
[RLGN]
Members
17,941 posts
32,104 battles
21 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

A patch was issued to people's accounts in game.

Never actually got mine. Not even sure I could find the confirmation e-mail to submit a ticket any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,175
[WPORT]
Members
15,262 posts
19,116 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Never actually got mine. Not even sure I could find the confirmation e-mail to submit a ticket any more.

Bummer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×