You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soggytacoos

11 radar in one game potentially more. K

10 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
14,302 posts
25,209 battles

Depending on the Minos, perhaps, looks like 12.

Pretty evenly split; for all that's worth with so many present.

[5D7]
Members
141 posts
7,307 battles
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Ik its kind of evenly distributed. But leaves about no working space for those DDs. Just imagine a battle in which you are a BB and there are 10 DDs per side. We usually see complains on 2 CVs or 4 DDs. Imagine this, absolute lack of fun for those DD players.

• Cool 1

[5D7]
Members
141 posts
7,307 battles
9 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Ill also add that the radar is poorly implemented just like hydro. And do not even get into the spotting mechanics that border on NES era solutions.

[RLGN]
Members
14,302 posts
25,209 battles
49 minutes ago, IgnisFatuus said:

Ill also add that the radar is poorly implemented just like hydro. And do not even get into the spotting mechanics that border on NES era solutions.

:Smile_sceptic:

lol, I'm always denegrating the 'new' carrier aircraft mechanics as a 'SNES Flight Sim.'

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
1 hour ago, IgnisFatuus said:

Ik its kind of evenly distributed. But leaves about no working space for those DDs. Just imagine a battle in which you are a BB and there are 10 DDs per side. We usually see complains on 2 CVs or 4 DDs. Imagine this, absolute lack of fun for those DD players.

I remember a year+ ago voicing my worries on the forum that a Tier VII DD had a chance of facing up to 11 radar ships within its MM range and 42 Hydro ships. That was back then!

I actually think the addition of radar/hydro were good things for the game - but WGs inability to properly balance and MM the gimmicks they introduce is evident.

IMO it is what leads to more and more of the lopsided/steamroll matches we see.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

Personally, I feel that there's no good solution for WG here. Short of making radar a solo slot on ever ship that has it, altering MM would be a nightmare. You have a BB with it and DDs with it, too! And if they made it 1:1 radar, good luck getting matches at a reasonable rate in Mo or a radar DD.

Alpha Tester
6,440 posts
3,249 battles
5 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

13, actually. 2 Des Memes + 1 Salem + 3 Minotaurs + 1 Al Nevsky + 3 Moskvas + 2 Alaskas + 1 Missouri = 13 out 24 ships that can carry Radar.

I'd take fighting CVs any day over that.

[RLGN]
Members
14,302 posts
25,209 battles
56 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

13, actually. 2 Des Memes + 1 Salem + 3 Minotaurs + 1 Al Nevsky + 3 Moskvas + 2 Alaskas + 1 Missouri = 13 out 24 ships that can carry Radar.

I'd take fighting CVs any day over that.

Wasn’t sure about AN. Not gonna do the split, so didn’t know. (Still on Budyonny after 3+ years.)

Alpha Tester
6,440 posts
3,249 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Wasn’t sure about AN. Not gonna do the split, so didn’t know. (Still on Budyonny after 3+ years.)

I once asked in a match if the Al Nevsky had Radar in chat and the answer I got was yes. I was also Radar'ed by her at one point in said match.

Also, you could always just look at her consumable options in the tech tree. I'm fairly certain that became a thing, along with looking at her equipment costs and options, after the last update.