You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kengen

Some love to Zeppelin

19 comments in this topic

[EURUS]
Members
1 post
2,075 battles

there is a lot of comments about the graff zeppelin, how about some love for this carrier? more damage with the bombs please :C that carrier cost a fortune and in my opinion, is not worth the money..

[META_]
Members
1,832 posts
18,967 battles
1 hour ago, Kengen said:

there is a lot of comments about the graff zeppelin, how about some love for this carrier? more damage with the bombs please :C that carrier cost a fortune and in my opinion, is not worth the money..

The bombs are getting the opposite, bombs going from 7000 damage to 5800😲... I'm having a hard time staying above 60%in her, 😂😅😉

[WPORT]
Members
9,942 posts
14,430 battles

To <bleep> with CV nerfs!

[GRETA]
Members
1,432 posts
10,883 battles

I was playing the GZ the other day and I had someone from the red team say, "I thought the gz was supposed to be crap, I am going to have to rethink that."  

She is a capable ship and although they are nerfing her ap damage I think they are buffing pen and maybe even dispersion.   She is a force to be reckoned with when in the hands of someone who knows how to play her strengths.   

[KAPPA]
Members
3,126 posts
9,284 battles
1 hour ago, HallaSnackbar said:

I was playing the GZ the other day and I had someone from the red team say, "I thought the gz was supposed to be crap, I am going to have to rethink that."  

She is a capable ship and although they are nerfing her ap damage I think they are buffing pen and maybe even dispersion.   She is a force to be reckoned with when in the hands of someone who knows how to play her strengths.   

Any tips on GZ? I've never been able to make her work. In random, I do better in Lexington or Enterprise. Even in co-op, where she should by all means dominate, I do better in Kaga due to being able to spam torps the whole match.

It's frustrating, honestly.

[META_]
Members
1,832 posts
18,967 battles
2 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Any tips on GZ? I've never been able to make her work. In random, I do better in Lexington or Enterprise. Even in co-op, where she should by all means dominate, I do better in Kaga due to being able to spam torps the whole match.

Check out my video it show tips and tricks on her either through cvs or my YouTube channel Meta_man2002... I keep her around 60%

[KAPPA]
Members
3,126 posts
9,284 battles
3 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

Check out my video it show tips and tricks on her either through cvs or my YouTube channel Meta_man2002... I keep her around 60%

Rodger!

• Cool 1

[GRETA]
Members
1,432 posts
10,883 battles
35 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Top tier on YouTube has a good tips and tricks video for GZ.  It is his favorite premium.   You have to play her strength which is the speed of her torpedo bombers.  Use rockets on superstructure of BB's to get fires and force dcp then torp them fir flooding damage.  Ap bombers are very RNG and will troll you but if they stick in a cruiser, citadel damage cant be healed.

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
1,832 posts
18,967 battles
34 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Top tier on YouTube has a good tips and tricks video for GZ.  It is his favorite premium.   You have to play her strength which is the speed of her torpedo bombers.  Use rockets on superstructure of BB's to get fires and force dcp then torp them fir flooding damage.  Ap bombers are very RNG and will troll you but if they stick in a cruiser, citadel damage cant be healed.

Top is definitely someone I watch but the reason her 🚀 are good is because with her 40+ pen you can hit bow and stern and not just superstructure 😉

[CLUMP]
Members
1,910 posts
2,412 battles

It wasn't hard enough to play now they nerf dive bombers :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,022 posts
7,858 battles
On 7/3/2020 at 8:17 PM, HallaSnackbar said:

Please help me with what it is that it does well?   Every weapons group it has is deficient to most others at its tier..  . could be said that its rockets are decent due to dispersion and aiming... but still so few of them and attack planes are stupid slow.   When the Rework 1st hit I found it pretty capable strictly due to speed of planes and ability to rush through AA auras and cover map.  Then of course the global speed nerf.    Every Global nerf since then has pretty much been a gut to GZ.. The one supposed 'buff' she received to penetration values and flight of its AP bombs actually gave it less utility against other classes and made it harder to use.    Even Indomitable, which is trash IMO. Is easily more capable of big games.  Still, both it and GZ really struggle in my opinion to be of impact in matches.   Hey it's got great secondaries...   Which if of value to you in a match is likely already lost.    I literally never play it anymore.       

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,623 posts
13,183 battles
9 hours ago, iRA6E said:

Please help me with what it is that it does well?   Every weapons group it has is deficient to most others at its tier..  . could be said that its rockets are decent due to dispersion and aiming... but still so few of them and attack planes are stupid slow.   When the Rework 1st hit I found it pretty capable strictly due to speed of planes and ability to rush through AA auras and cover map.  Then of course the global speed nerf.    Every Global nerf since then has pretty much been a gut to GZ.. The one supposed 'buff' she received to penetration values and flight of its AP bombs actually gave it less utility against other classes and made it harder to use.    Even Indomitable, which is trash IMO. Is easily more capable of big games.  Still, both it and GZ really struggle in my opinion to be of impact in matches.   Hey it's got great secondaries...   Which if of value to you in a match is likely already lost.    I literally never play it anymore.       

Equip her with a standard build for an IJN CV captain, and she's fine. Don't think about the secondaries. When they happen, they happen, actually trying to use them will just get you killed.

Best thing she can do is deliver torpedoes. You'll use pretty standard tactics, and the usual as far as preserving your aircraft.dropping enough so you can only make a single attack if the AA is gonna be too harsh, ect... The torps are low damage, but you drop them in 3's and they are otherwise average in every other regard. You'll get more drops over the course of the game, which balances out the lower damage. Torpedo bombers play to the strengths of fast planes, dash in, drop, dash or recover the last strike out, minimum exposure to AA.

Next best is HE rockets, they pack a good punch, you get 8 in a salvo, they're fragile, but being on slow planes actually works in your favor when it comes with hitting DD's, the attack aircraft also get a double length Engine Cooling consumable, so they can nail the brakes for a full 10 seconds if need be.

Divebombers were nearly useless before all the nerfs, and WG keeps nerfing them like they have nothing better to do. They are too inconsistent to invest much into them, and  now they have a new lower damage output. Prenerf they weren't enough damage to threaten a battleship, they'll miss a cruiser, and the dive bombers nature plays against the strength of fast aircraft. Fly all the way into AA, hover inside the short range AA for and extended period of time, drop, lose a bunch of planes.

Edited by SgtBeltfed
  • Cool 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,022 posts
7,858 battles
17 hours ago, SgtBeltfed said:

The torps are low damage, but you drop them in 3's and they are otherwise average in every other regard. You'll get more drops over the course of the game, which balances out the lower damage. Torpedo bombers play to the strengths of fast planes, dash in, drop, dash or recover the last strike out, minimum exposure to AA.

Torps are quite literally the worst at the tier..  Again,  Their only saving grace is speed,  agreed,  can net you a few more attacks over a game as they can stay alive well.   But still...dispersion is so terrible and damage is so low that most equal tier ships can almost ignore unless very low HP.      Every other Nations is clearly better IMO..

Next best is HE rockets, they pack a good punch, you get 8 in a salvo, they're fragile, but being on slow planes actually works in your favor when it comes with hitting DD's, the attack aircraft also get a double length Engine Cooling consumable, so they can nail the brakes for a full 10 seconds if need be.

The Attack planes are effective,  as they probably offer the tightest dispersion of any at T8?  They are quite maneuverable as well, because the planes are so stupid slow, unfortunately,  that speed is a horrific handicap in any AA aura and take forever to deliver to target.   This group is best thing it has going for it......   Yet....USN and RN are much much more useful.  

Divebombers were nearly useless before all the nerfs, and WG keeps nerfing them like they have nothing better to do. They are too inconsistent to invest much into them, and  now they have a new lower damage output. Prenerf they weren't enough damage to threaten a battleship, they'll miss a cruiser, and the dive bombers nature plays against the strength of fast aircraft. Fly all the way into AA, hover inside the short range AA for and extended period of time, drop, lose a bunch of planes.

Worst of any T8 CV period....Trash....set to soon become dumpster fires after "Global" AP bomb nerf... Best used as a scouting group or to deliver fighter planes.   Seriously these things need some work from the development team.    

I wasn't really asking how to play the ship...  I was asking someone to tell me why I should?    I know a lot love KMS ships,  and there is a tiny bit of historical value here..   I played mine and liked the ship prior to the "Global" speed changes...   The changes (buff? - LOL) to its AP group a few patches later were baffling to me to say the least?   But if you were on a tight budget and wanted to buy a T8 premium CV, would you honestly recommend this one above any other available at T8?  No way in my right mind could I recommend this ship for a cash purchase unless someone was just a collector.  quite literally the GZ & GZB occupy 2 of the 3 lowest average damage spots of all T8 CVs and GZ has the lowest W/R of any reworked CV.    Amazingly enough,   the ship has been borked by WG in both the RTS & Rework era?  It's almost comical...   She needs some attention if WG wants to sell it.    

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,623 posts
13,183 battles
7 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Torps are quite literally the worst at the tier..  Again,  Their only saving grace is speed,  agreed,  can net you a few more attacks over a game as they can stay alive well.   But still...dispersion is so terrible and damage is so low that most equal tier ships can almost ignore unless very low HP.      Every other Nations is clearly better IMO..

If you haven't figured it out, almost every ship can ignore air dropped torps for quite a while, even from Kaga and Saipan. Welcome to the nerfage that is the CV rework.

The torps actually aren't that bad, 5333 damage, 35 knot speed, 470m arming distance, drop pattern and dispersion is exactly the same as Lexington or Enterprise. Max range of 6km doesn't matter, you're dropping on top of the target anyway.

Lexington is 6467 damage,  35 knots, 423 m arming distance, 3.5 km make range. Enterprise has the same torps with a 376m arming distance.

Graf Zeppelin's torp bombers are almost as tough at Lexington's and slightly tougher than Enterprise's, for the same number of planes, while being significantly faster.

[3TL]
[3TL]
Beta Testers
58 posts
7,959 battles
On 7/3/2020 at 6:17 PM, HallaSnackbar said:

They buffed neither

[3TL]
[3TL]
Beta Testers
58 posts
7,959 battles
On 7/3/2020 at 8:15 PM, HallaSnackbar said:

And yet the AP bombers get nerfed.

[GRETA]
Members
1,432 posts
10,883 battles
On 7/11/2020 at 9:39 AM, veshoon said:

They buffed neither

I will see if I can find where it was posted.  Pretty sure I saw it somewhere. 

Edited by HallaSnackbar

Alpha Tester
6,680 posts
3,338 battles
On 7/10/2020 at 10:23 AM, CorvetteKaptain67 said:

Exactly what I was thinking.

• Thanks 1