You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TobTorp

what in Lutjens name is a brandenburg...

13 comments in this topic

[SNGNS]
Members
479 posts
5,976 battles

...and where can i get one?

(this is a footnote from the devblog about the us line split.)

Screenshot (347).png

Members
1,042 posts
4,355 battles

If I had to guess, this is going to be the L20e Alpha with modernization.

Either that, or this is the preview to ( what I would assume ) the German Battleship Split.

:SerB:

[WOLF8]
Members
7,339 posts
6,234 battles

My money is on the German version of Slava/Champagne. I mean, it seems like every faction is getting one, so why not the Germans too? LOL. :Smile_trollface:

Oh wait, we already have the German version of Slava/Champagne, and she's called Siegfried. Too bad she's locked behind the RB gate, lel. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,611 posts
9,445 battles
3 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

My money is on the German version of Slava/Champagne. I mean, it seems like every faction is getting one, so why not the Germans too? LOL. :Smile_trollface:

Oh wait, we already have the German version of Slava/Champagne, and she's called Siegfried. Too bad she's locked behind the RB gate, lel. :cap_haloween:

What I find amusing is that if Brandenburg is the German version of Champagne/Slava/Florida, Siegfried would in some ways be better protected. All these BBs have 25mm plating, compared to Siegfried’s 27mm.

Edited by Nevermore135

[WOLF8]
Members
7,339 posts
6,234 battles
2 hours ago, Fatalimpulse said:

Tirpitz hull with 4 283 turrets?....

it's a joke but it would make sense.

That sounds like a mini-me version of Ludendorff/Pommern... who is a mini-me version of Grosser Kurfurst, with topedoes, herself... lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

I like it, lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Blorgh2017

[BB-C4]
Beta Testers
104 posts
9,349 battles
6 hours ago, Fatalimpulse said:

Tirpitz hull with 4 283 turrets?....

it's a joke but it would make sense.

That was my first guess actually, though I really hope they don't do that. Alternative could be a FDG/H-39 with nerfed 40.6cm and a different AA setup. Or could be something no one is expecting, like a dreadnought/battlecruiser of some kind with a radical modernization/rebuild.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
8 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

RB :fish_viking:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,704 posts
13 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

brandenburg-gate-a-brief-historys-featur

For a moment, I was wondering where the C-beams were, then I realized I was thinking of a different gate.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
26,967 posts
23,767 battles
8 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

What I find amusing is that if Brandenburg is the German version of Champagne/Slava/Florida, Siegfried would in some ways be better protected. All these BBs have 25mm plating, compared to Siegfried’s 27mm.

8a3.gif&f=1&nofb=1

[WOLFB]
Members
980 posts
33,421 battles

Funny story of the Brandenburg gate (at least funny to me). My wife and our friends went there the weekend when Check point Charlie came down.

We also wanted a piece of the wall, and you could pick up bare pieces of concrete but if you wanted a "paint chip" (graffiti piece) you had to chip it out of the wall that was still standing. And the hardened concrete of the wall was very hard. You needed special hardened chisels to break ships off the wall.

So a bunch of entrepreneurial types were renting hammers and special chisels for like 5 marks for 5 minutes use. We went up to a couple of young guys to rent their "chipping" stuff, and when we started talking to them they were U of M (Michigan students). Pretty funny as the folks that we were there with all of us were from Michigan. (And we were all living in Europe at the time) 

• Cool 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,875 posts
4,211 battles
1 minute ago, fbrrhd said:

Funny story of the Brandenburg gate (at least funny to me). My wife and our friends went there the weekend when Check point Charlie came down.

We also wanted a piece of the wall, and you could pick up bare pieces of concrete but if you wanted a "paint chip" (graffiti piece) you had to chip it out of the wall that was still standing. And the hardened concrete of the wall was very hard. You needed special hardened chisels to break ships off the wall.

So a bunch of entrepreneurial types were renting hammers and special chisels for like 5 marks for 5 minutes use. We went up to a couple of young guys to rent their "chipping" stuff, and when we started talking to them they were U of M (Michigan students). Pretty funny as the folks that we were there with all of us were from Michigan. (And we were all living in Europe at the time) 

Go Blue? LOL...