You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soggytacoos

What the heck is wrong with you wargaming? Fix your matchmaking

19 comments in this topic

Members
65 posts
4,364 battles

How long is it going to be until Wargaming decides to fix the 2 tier matchmaking? It is unfair and I know 3 people that stopped playing the game for that very reason. They were new to the game and could have spent lots of money on you guys.  But you ruined your chance because apparently its too hard to make it 1 tier diference matchmaking. But no lets keep adding more ships and ignore the core issues of the game. Not to mention I have been seeing more and more tier 6s in t9 games

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles
11 minutes ago, Soggytacoos said:

How long is it going to be until Wargaming decides to fix the 2 tier matchmaking? It is unfair and I know 3 people that stopped playing the game for that very reason. They were new to the game and could have spent lots of money on you guys.  But you ruined your chance because apparently its too hard to make it 1 tier diference matchmaking. But no lets keep adding more ships and ignore the core issues of the game.

People would rather prefer Power Creep WG products... Then products of fair play ships...

This is not a MM issue, changing it to +1 MM is not going to change your primary complaint...

This is a Power creep problem not a MM issue...

11 minutes ago, Soggytacoos said:

Not to mention I have been seeing more and more tier 6s in t9 games

The only way this will happen, is in a failed division... Other then that... There is no way, tier 6 ships will see tier 9s.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[O_O]
Members
6,425 posts
15,262 battles
6 minutes ago, Soggytacoos said:

Not to mention I have been seeing more and more tier 6s in t9 games

This cannot happen with the current matchmaking system, unless a fail division is involved.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Members
65 posts
4,364 battles
3 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

This cannot happen with the current matchmaking system, unless a fail division is involved.

wrong, I sunka  normandie in my iowa

• Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles

\

1 minute ago, Soggytacoos said:

It was a fail DIV... There is no way, tier 6 will see tier 9s under the current MM rules...

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Normandie

These are the current MM rules.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics_(WoWS)

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
65 posts
4,364 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

\

It was a fail DIV... There is no way, tier 6 will see tier 9s under the current MM rules...

ok... then why don't they change that.... You cant just say its okay because its part of the rules. Its a very easy change

Members
65 posts
4,364 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

\

Thats my whole thing.. They just selling us the same story of "its part of our rules". Yeah well those are dumb fkn rules and im saying they should change them

• Funny 1

Members
3,747 posts
23,256 battles

So you want to do away with the ability to earn better base XP in a match because you and your buddies don't have different strategies for being the big fish and the little fish?

Odd that all these MM threads never complain about feeling bad for the -2 when you're top tier...lol.

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles
Just now, Soggytacoos said:

ok... then why don't they change that.... You cant just say its okay because its part of the rules. Its a very easy change

Its the Rule, a failed div just means a DIV of +/-1 ships, MM will put them in a match with the MM of the highest tier ship.

Its a balance issue... Fail div have been the rule since beta... Its not going to change...

• Cool 1

Members
65 posts
4,364 battles
2 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

So you want to do away with the ability to earn better base XP in a match because you and your buddies don't have different strategies for being the big fish and the little fish?

Odd that all these MM threads never complain about feeling bad for the -2 when you're top tier...lol.

Actually I do fiel bad for them. A normandie can not even dream of touching my alabama at anything past 10km. I got a triple citadel and sunk him in one salvo at 16km... It should be a -1 mm system and thats it. idgaf about "failed divisions" it should only be +1 -1

[O_O]
Members
6,425 posts
15,262 battles
3 hours ago, Soggytacoos said:

So the Normandie fail divisioned with a Tier 7, and found his way to you.  :cap_tea:

[5D7]
Members
141 posts
7,307 battles
7 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Its the Rule, a failed div just means a DIV of +/-1 ships, MM will put them in a match with the MM of the highest tier ship.

Its a balance issue... Fail div have been the rule since beta... Its not going to change...

Not a balance issue, a learn to play and read the rules when in doubt kind of problem.
Also, I most definitely like to have my Atago or Massachusetts sink a TX or 9. Or any of my T8 mainstays.

Gonna add that in spite that I understand the OP frustration with being in a fight with such a disparity. But as far as changing this, this is by no means a simple change nor choice. The MM is determined by besides the "potential effectiveness" of a ship the size of the player base, if we were to have more restrictive rules for MM it would lead to longer battle queue times or even no battles at all.

So, read the game rules, don't fail div and if you find one abuse it.

Edited by IgnisFatuus
further info added
  • Meh 1

Members
3,747 posts
23,256 battles
12 hours ago, Soggytacoos said:

Actually I do fiel bad for them. A normandie can not even dream of touching my alabama at anything past 10km. I got a triple citadel and sunk him in one salvo at 16km... It should be a -1 mm system and thats it. idgaf about "failed divisions" it should only be +1 -1

That's not the ship's fault that's the captain driving broadside to your Alabama ignorant of the danger.

I've ground out plenty of BB & cruiser lines and always wanted to be -2 because of the extra base XP potential gets me to the next tier sooner.

Playing bottom tier is all about not getting focused early in the match. Making yourself invisible while still dealing damage is like an art form. You can rack up lots of damage if you play smart and farm damage on a ship while it has to deal with a more immediate threat. When you are the immediate threat then you don't last long as the -2.

Unfortunately too many "I just want to drive around in my shooty botes" type players fail to learn this about the game and become easy cannon fodder when they are the -2.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
65 posts
4,364 battles
3 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

That's not the ship's fault that's the captain driving broadside to your Alabama ignorant of the danger.

I've ground out plenty of BB & cruiser lines and always wanted to be -2 because of the extra base XP potential gets me to the next tier sooner.

Playing bottom tier is all about not getting focused early in the match. Making yourself invisible while still dealing damage is like an art form. You can rack up lots of damage if you play smart and farm damage on a ship while it has to deal with a more immediate threat. When you are the immediate threat then you don't last long as the -2.

Unfortunately too many "I just want to drive around in my shooty botes" type players fail to learn this about the game and become easy cannon fodder when they are the -2.

Yes well not everyone has 21 thousand battles like you, so how do you expect a legitimate tier 6 player to know any different?

• Confused 1

Members
3,747 posts
23,256 battles
1 hour ago, Soggytacoos said:

Yes well not everyone has 21 thousand battles like you, so how do you expect a legitimate tier 6 player to know any different?

I was a crap player once driving around in shooty botes when I started the game. I put the time and effort into learning the game after some months of playing and not doing well. Can't say many newer players today are willing to do that.

[NSC]
Members
207 posts

Oh good lord, its a game and NO ONE is a pro unless WoW gives it to ya, C.mon............................hahahaaha

[90TH]
Beta Testers
249 posts
7,614 battles
On 7/7/2020 at 5:30 AM, Nicu_Borse said:

I know this topic is old, but the problem remains. How do you explain this match?

Unfair game.jpg

Nothing wrong with that other then your team got outplayed

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles
On 7/7/2020 at 4:30 AM, Nicu_Borse said:

know this topic is old, but the problem remains. How do you explain this match?

Few things,

• Green BB fail
    • No excuse for a red Stalingrad to have 3 kills
    • You green Thunderer was DMG farming instead of sinking the cruisers.
      • No cruisers were sunk or hurt by the green teams BBs, in fact the only ships sunk were red BBs.
    • Overall if the big guns fail to produce, no other ship class can carry their lack of production... When a carry happens, usually red team failed as well...
  • The Red fleet won the 1 sunk battles, those can go either way but in your match it went to the reds.. 5 red kills were from ships with only 1 kills...
    • This is normal in an format that is A vs B... Someone has to win and someone has to lose in the trenches...
  • DD fail and cruiser fail in capping caps...
    • To be blunt, must people dont play domination mod properly.. So what ends up happening,
      • Decision Making
        • and
      • Priority target are not in tune for the win. 

I concluded, your fleet was out played... Being outplayed can happen to any fleet regardless of SBMM or MM rules.

MM can not measure a players on the points above... MM only puts ships of +2MM in a match depending on the population of available players in queue.

One thing for sure, those on the winning side.... Never give thanks to MM for the win.. HOWEVER, they will curse about it if they lose or are out played in the same match.

Go figure.

• Meh 1