You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

Enterprise nerf is too much, they won't buff it again, so just lower it bit by bit. 20% less damage is too much nerf

66 comments in this topic

[ARP]
[ARP]
Members
1,011 posts
18,160 battles

If they are going to take 1k dmg away, that is too much. If they nerf it too muich, they will never buff it again.

Why not just just remove 10% and nerf more if needed? 

They almost never buff premiums, so if the nerf is too strong it will be forever or never for them to fix the damage done to the ship.

Please rethink this or offer doubloon refund.

Edited by Cit_the_bed
  • Cool 4
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 9

[NDA]
Supertester
3,574 posts
7,677 battles

You think that's bad, graf zep bombs are going from 7000 to 5800, who the hell looked at graf's bombs and went, yes too strong take 1200 off the damage. 

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

Enterprise has more powerful AP bombs than Hakuryuu. A maximum of about 36k damage is stupid high. I say that as someone that uses her, not even as someone that has to deal with it in a cruiser. The bombs should never have been this strong. They should have done half as much damage but been a little more accurate.

You'll live. Graf Zeppelin, on the other hand, will be bad off till they buff her to compensate.

Edit: Heck, Enterprise will still be OP post-nerf.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-BUI-]
Members
2,024 posts
5,677 battles

AP nerf sucks, but its not that big of a deal, I've nearly 1-shot so many cruisers with AP bombs that I'm surprised it took this long.

Personally, I'm far more concerned with the DD air detection buff, that will break CVs.

Would be nice if they gave SOME compensation for a straight up damage potential removal though...like more speed, or higher flood chance, or SOMETHING.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[META_]
Members
1,224 posts
16,044 battles
40 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

You think that's bad, graf zep bombs are going from 7000 to 5800, who the hell looked at graf's bombs and went, yes too strong take 1200 off the damage. 

Exactly my thoughts, lol.. Crazy but we'll see how it works out 

[BONKS]
Members
694 posts
3,405 battles

God forbid they make the most OP CV slightly more balanced......

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[O_S_D]
Members
152 posts
16,304 battles
54 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

2 minutes ago, TorpedoBonk said:

God forbid they make the most OP CV slightly more balanced......

God forbid the nerf the worst cv premium even more!

GZ used to be fun, now it is garbage and they are nerfing it even more.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[BONKS]
Members
694 posts
3,405 battles
2 minutes ago, Tingent said:

It is however getting an aiming nerf. GZ's strengths are it's torps, rockets and stay away from me secondaries anyway.

[O_S_D]
Members
152 posts
16,304 battles

GZ when it was first released was absolute garbage. Then they pulled it immediately and let the player base, that kept it, make suggestions and it went from Garbage to OP.

Then the cv rework came and after the rework it was mediocre, but fun. The planes didn't do much damage, but the bombers were hella fast and made it fun.

Then they went for a global nerf of plane speed and GZ was again......garbage.

Now this. The fighters are garbage, the dive bombers can't hit crap as it was and now they wanna nerf any damage you may actually get? The only planes that do damage as it is now are the torpedo bombers and they have the worst damage of any same tier cv's.

I want my money back! I've had it since release. Not a happy camper.

I'm to the point I'm just gonna make my cv captain and the GZ as a full secondary build and play it as a cruiser with crap planes, lol.

Edited by Tingent
  • Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
22 minutes ago, Tingent said:

GZ when it was first released was absolute garbage. Then they pulled it immediately and let the player base, that kept it, make suggestions and it went from Garbage to OP.

Then the cv rework came and after the rework it was mediocre, but fun. The planes didn't do much damage, but the bombers were hella fast and made it fun.

Then they went for a global nerf of plane speed and GZ was again......garbage.

Now this. The fighters are garbage, the dive bombers can't hit crap as it was and now they wanna nerf any damage you may actually get? The only planes that do damage as it is now are the torpedo bombers and they have the worst damage of any same tier cv's.

I want my money back! I've had it since release. Not a happy camper.

I'm to the point I'm just gonna make my cv captain and the GZ as a full secondary build and play it as a cruiser with crap planes, lol.

The better idea is to stop playing.  There are only 2 ways of protesting because words don't work.

Stop spending.

Stop playing.

Stop playing is probably better because it hurts there ability to sell share holders that X amount are playing.

CV haters complained when there ship got nerfed with IFHE change but happy and so excited when the CV get its.

The problem is when you buy a thing you expect it to be that thing.  So one decided to change it and did not compensate you for it.

I don't care what the reason is or what the ULA says.  When they change a product that you bought they have to be punished.  WG has broken there trust with the CUSTOMER.

But the 🐑 just walk lock step.  Stop buying and stop playing that is the only way to make them understand.

Edited by jags_domain

[RLGN]
Members
14,284 posts
25,147 battles
1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

Personally, I'm far more concerned with the DD air detection buff, that will break CVs.

Apparently I’m a stupid potato with zero predictive ability, because I basically can’t rocket destroyers unless someone else is spotting them.

That, or they’re shooting and under gun bloom.

If I can’t see a destroyer long enough to run in with rockets, it’s not getting hit. That’s basically why I have literally no idea what everyone is kvetching about. I’d love to be able to whack DDs for 1/4-1/3 health.

Even dropping a fighter I’m so bad at, the DD usually goes unspotted before I can turn around and attack, (Ark Royal’s planes being about the only exception to that.)

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BONKS]
Members
1,488 posts
50 battles

This is literally the most overpowered ship in the entire game, being a T10 CV in disguise at T8, and you want to tell me that this little nerf which still leaves her AP bombs among the most powerful of the bunch is too much?
Really?

Need I perhaps remind you that she still retains her excellent rockets, her excellent torps and her excellent sustain?
(And if I'm gonna be honest, the torps are actually the true stars of this ship.)

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[-BUI-]
Members
2,024 posts
5,677 battles
27 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Apparently I’m a stupid potato with zero predictive ability, because I basically can’t rocket destroyers unless someone else is spotting them.

That, or they’re shooting and under gun bloom.

If I can’t see a destroyer long enough to run in with rockets, it’s not getting hit. That’s basically why I have literally no idea what everyone is kvetching about. I’d love to be able to whack DDs for 1/4-1/3 health.

Even dropping a fighter I’m so bad at, the DD usually goes unspotted before I can turn around and attack, (Ark Royal’s planes being about the only exception to that.)

Depends on the DD and the person playing it, but what might help you, is learning exactly at what distance to turn around and when to engage the attack.  

Enterprise rocket planes are very maneuverable, so you can often turn around at about the 3 KM range (if they are not driving straight at your planes, if so, more distance), you can start your attack before you've completed the 180 and the circle will shrink back down before it goes green.    Also, if you think the DD is very close, slow down with the S key to as slow as possible, giving you the most time possible to react and adjust.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
3 hours ago, Zenn3k said:

AP nerf sucks, but its not that big of a deal, I've nearly 1-shot so many cruisers with AP bombs that I'm surprised it took this long.

Would be nice if they gave SOME compensation for a straight up damage potential removal though...like more speed, or higher flood chance, or SOMETHING.

I pray that the new super AA DDs don't get the buff. Stealth top tier AA is bad enough from Minotaur, but these things are just annoying.

• Boring 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,284 posts
25,147 battles
57 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Also, if you think the DD is very close, slow down with the S key to as slow as possible, giving you the most time possible to react and adjust.

Basically what I do with Ark’s planes, though more often with the Swordfish bombers than the Sea Hurricanes.

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,335 posts
1,977 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

This is literally the most overpowered ship in the entire game, being a T10 CV in disguise at T8, and you want to tell me that this little nerf which still leaves her AP bombs among the most powerful of the bunch is too much?
Really?

Need I perhaps remind you that she still retains her excellent rockets, her excellent torps and her excellent sustain?
(And if I'm gonna be honest, the torps are actually the true stars of this ship.)

Yeah, definitely have to agree with you here. The strongest CV in the game and a 17% nerf will ruin her? Me thinks you are being dramatic op.

[WPORT]
Members
5,437 posts
10,474 battles

CV's have been nerfed into being pale imitations of their former capabilities.

I say, "Stop penalizing good play!"
And, "We're trying to keep our team-mates afloat by sinking opposition ships!"

[-BUI-]
Members
2,024 posts
5,677 battles
23 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

CV's have been nerfed into being pale imitations of their former capabilities.

I say, "Stop penalizing good play!"
And, "We're trying to keep our team-mates afloat by sinking opposition ships!"

Indeed.   CVs are the only class that gets more nerfed the more people learn to play it.    Adjust to the changes and still play well?  MORE NERFS!    No other ship class is treated this way.   I watch top players get 200K+ games in BBs, CAs, and DDs and there is never a major class nerf as a result, but someone scores 100k in a CV, time to break out the nerf bats.

People learn how to slingshot, nerfed.

People learn how to hit and WHAT to hit with AP bombs?  Nerf.

Hit too many torpedoes?  NERF!

Its really getting old.   If the DD air concealment buff goes live, that'll be the last straw, I will officially retire all my CVs.

Edited by Zenn3k
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,437 posts
10,474 battles
1 minute ago, Zenn3k said:

Indeed.   CVs are the only class that gets more nerfed the more people learn to play it.    Adjust to the changes and still play well?  MORE NERFS!    No other ship class is treated this way.   I watch top players get 200K+ games in BBs, CAs, and DDs and there is never a major class nerf as a result, but someone scores 100k in a CV, time to break out the nerf bats.

People learn how to slingshot, nerfed.

People learn how to hit and WHAT to hit with AP bombs?  Nerf.

Hit too many torpedoes?  NERF!

Its really getting old.

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,335 posts
1,977 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Basically what I do with Ark’s planes, though more often with the Swordfish bombers than the Sea Hurricanes.

Well the ark has the joy of having planes that can stop and hover in spot while turning (exaggerating of course)

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,187 battles
4 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Please rethink this or offer doubloon refund.

B7765BD2-6908-4177-8A2B-F8AD209CF3A8.jpeg

[-TAB-]
Beta Testers
134 posts
8,859 battles

From someone who has all tier 8 carriers and great stats in carriers. I never even use my Enterprise and I play tier 8 CV the most. Enterprise has painfully slow planes  and if you want to believe the omg 36 k damage bomber run that happen all of about 0 times in reality. When other tier 8 HE premium bombers can avrg10-16k a run and add 2 fires. It's Enterprise Hysteria just because it can do something that will almost never happen. The Graf I am a little more upset with. The AP bombs where its selling point and they have already been nerf to high heaven I mean you only drop 2 AP bombs it they both citadel its 16k damage which is a low chance. Looks like they took the damage away on the Grafs for a 15% quicker aiming which is laughable if u cant aim Graffs bombers. Enterprise is like beaten a dead horse its dead when do you ever see one and if you do and get hit with all the bombs  you have to be the most unluckiest person in the world. 

Enterprise nerf should compensate in plane HP or speed I would prefer plane HP so its something different. It is uncalled for nerf. Graf is top dog but its not because of the bombs its the speed of planes. Its really the only CV that actually feels balance compared to other ships.  The potential damage of carrier is very weak to other ships. People only get mad because they cant shoot the player who is hitting them. They don't relies I make a cup of coffee why I fly over to you. No one has jet fighters anymore.

Just if people are new to wow. Ill post the last refrance below when CV had their golden age RTS mode. A long time ago we had jets in wow.

See the source image

Edited by OppressorUnion

[SIM]
Members
4,928 posts
8,005 battles

I’ll be honest with you, I think that WG brought the premium carriers back to the shop way too early. They hadn’t even settled on the general numbers for the CV rework yet, but here we were with premiums being offered for sale. It tied their hands on being able to perform further balance and testing on the premium CVs, and all but assured that any of them that overperformed would end up on Santa’s list. Honestly, they’re lucky that only Enterprise over-performed, otherwise they’d need to shelve multiple premiums. If the global AP bomb nerf somehow brings Enterprise back to whatever WG deems an acceptable power level then great. She’s definitely not a ship that should be unobtainable. 

Members
291 posts
9 battles
5 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

If they are going to take 1k dmg away, that is too much. If they nerf it too muich, they will never buff it again.

Why not just just remove 10% and nerf more if needed? 

WG really only get one shot at nerfing Enterprise here.  They are doing this as a blanket nerf purely because they want to nerf Enterprise.  Although I think this is a significant nerf to a very strong aspect of the ship (I seem to disagree with @TorpedoBonk on this one), I do not think this will make the ship well balanced compared to the other T8 CV's overall, and it certainly in no way, shape, or form will make Enterprise underpowered.

The issue with Enterprise is a combination of both how strong each of the squadrons are (especially the RF's), with how forgiving it is for lower skilled CV captains to play.  This forgiving nature (from the simplest to use squadron being the best, and the short plane respawn meaning mistakes aren't really punished), means that lower skilled CV captains will do much better in Enterprise than other T8 CV's, and that brings the whole stats of the ship up significantly.

I do think that Enterprise and Saipan are about equal in power at the high player skill level, and that this nerf will push Saipan slightly ahead at this level - but this is just an opinion, I could be wrong, and the stats show this trend but not clearly enough to show absolute proof of concept.

In terms of Enterprise power, what will really hit it hard if it goes through is the air concealment buff to DD's.  Enterprise's biggest strength are its RF's, and in particular how effective they are against DD's.  Hitting competent DD's will be next to impossible following this change.  The other T8 premium CV's have their strength mainly in their torpedo bombers, and will be much less affected however.  I think if this change goes through, combined with the AP DB nerf, then Enterprise will be significantly reduced in relative power.

4 hours ago, Tingent said:

GZ is just collateral damage in the Enterprise nerf.  They couldn't call it a "blanket change" unless they nerfed Enterprise as well.

GZ's main problems with balancing are its secondaries and its popularity.  People like the ship because its German and it has decent secondaries, so it gets played a lot, despite being pretty poor overall.  The issue is, secondaries are generally pretty useless, and you most definitely don't want your CV balanced around having them, because that is taking power out of something actually useful.  Although I'm sure the ship will receive more buffs over just the aiming change she just got, she is unlikely to ever be actually good again.  The 0.8.4 engine boost nerf is what really hit her hard, this AP DB nerf pales in comparison.

• Meh 1