You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Caldorus

FF needs to be removed from co-op

15 comments in this topic

[FSA]
Beta Testers
12 posts
2,272 battles

Really there is no point of having FF on in co-op... Got some of the most dumbest players in there and they either don't avoid you or are aware of their suroundings or just don't care and ram you and/or run into your torps even when you warn them.

Never turned pink in Random battle because people are watching where others are and torps but when i go into a co-op its like the dumb switch is stuck...REally need to remove that from the co-op and the penalty is being stuck in co-op where my freaken penalty came from...

Get rid of FF in co-op 

• Boring 7
  • Meh 4

[WOLF7]
Members
12,592 posts

Your ordinance, your responsibility. Pink doesn't restrict you to co-op anyway, you have to do it repeatedly and turn orange.

• Cool 4

[HINON]
Members
13,240 posts

If your torps can hit allies, don't fire them. If you do accidentally hit an ally, be a decent human, apologize, and move on.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 2

[TWFT]
Members
1,342 posts
37,365 battles
37 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Your ordinance, your responsibility. Pink doesn't restrict you to co-op anyway, you have to do it repeatedly and turn orange.

^^ This in as big a way as you can take it. 

If you hit an allie with your torps the correct response is "Sorry, my fault".  End of discussion.

• Cool 2

[CO-OP]
Members
1,333 posts
23,750 battles

The only reason to remove friendly fire from co-op, is to prevent friendly bots from killing you.  Humans need to be responsible for their ordnance, this is an important lesson to learn (be it PVE, or PVP.)

• Cool 4

[RLGN]
Members
14,265 posts
25,099 battles

In effect it is removed.

Unless the friendly is almost dead, you are highly unlikely to sink them, but because of reflected damage, are more likely to sink yourself.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,342 posts
6,237 battles

There's only one person who could've stopped your ordinances: YOU. You should watch where you're shooting, before you pull the trigger. If there's any possibility of a friendly fire, don't fire. Relocate to a more assured position and then launch. If you still end up hitting your allies, just apologize. Nobody is gonna chew your head off for a simple mistake.

[WORX]
Members
10,612 posts
18,506 battles

Remove friendly fire you remove the only mechanism to regulate players... 

Ol timers do remember the times of when, you can DMG friendlies and nothing would happen to him... While leaving his pray at %50 percent...

Now a days, players think twice when they plan to be deliberate with aiming at a teammate.

[NGA-A]
Members
1,284 posts
7,350 battles
2 hours ago, Caldorus said:

Really there is no point of having FF on in co-op... Got some of the most dumbest players in there and they either don't avoid you or are aware of their suroundings or just don't care and ram you and/or run into your torps even when you warn them.

Never turned pink in Random battle because people are watching where others are and torps but when i go into a co-op its like the dumb switch is stuck...REally need to remove that from the co-op and the penalty is being stuck in co-op where my freaken penalty came from...

Get rid of FF in co-op 

The only thing that truly needs to be removed is toxicness such as posts like this.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,225 battles

If you wanna get rid of co-op friendly fire, just get rid of bot FF. Keep player FF. Everybody wins.

The bots try to torp through you and have an occasional bug where they launch torps in reverse. This makes even being behind them dangerous.

[FSA]
Beta Testers
12 posts
2,272 battles

.... I did say co-op mode no? Random i see it fine co-op not so much. Think its because people are more non nonchalant so not as aware... 

On 7/3/2020 at 3:06 PM, awiggin said:

Pink does restrict you so you cannot use other battle modes it even says so and wouldn't let me select anything but co-op for two games

On 7/3/2020 at 3:46 PM, Turbotush said:

^^ This in as big a way as you can take it. 

If you hit an allie with your torps the correct response is "Sorry, my fault".  End of discussion.

Well no duh but i've seen people seem to be more purposely driving in to torps on co-op unlike random where people seem to see them and slow down even when aimed well ahead or even out of there area. Again in random i don't have such a problem unlike co-op its odd.

My stance is still the same. FF in co-op is pointless after the intial tiers if you want my honest opinion. I can understand the whole you need to understand FF mechanics then ok do that in random since that is the real deal. Co-op you don't even get a full team like random and less money and exp.

Again this is for CO-OP not random which is fine as is. So why should co-op still have FF? not the other game modes just co-op.

[TWFT]
Members
1,342 posts
37,365 battles
7 hours ago, Caldorus said:

Again this is for CO-OP not random which is fine as is. So why should co-op still have FF? not the other game modes just co-op.

Just because it is Co-op dose not mean you are not under the same "Gentleman's rules" that you are in any other battle mode.  Hitting a team mate and then not at least saying "Sorry" is a [edited] move no matter what the battle mode.

I have TK'd and been TK'd and in the instance's that ether one of us involved said "Sorry" and not "Your fault for running into my torps", it was fine and we basically laughed it off and took our punishment like men.

WoWS is not like any other game out there, the player base is older and more "Old School" and we really dont do the smart azz, punk, smack talk, blame game crap that younger people seem to get into now a days....well at least some of us.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,256 posts
On 7/3/2020 at 1:56 PM, Caldorus said:

Get rid of FF in co-op 

Well, you could just stick to randoms, where, apparently everyone is gifted with precognitive omniscience, and nobody ever damages a teammate.

[WPORT]
Members
5,407 posts
10,457 battles
On 7/3/2020 at 2:56 PM, Caldorus said:

Get rid of FF in co-op 

Really, there's no need to fire at your allies.
There's no need to remove the rules and game mechanisms that enforce the rules.

There is every need to be responsible with your ordnance.