Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

5 comments in this topic

Members
89 posts

Hopefully I can get an answer to my question in the mod part of the NA forum.

I would like to know what the Dark Grey square-shaped objects are supposed to be that cover roughly two-thirds of the GRAF ZEPPELIN Flight Deck on the default ("vanilla") WOWS GRAF ZEPPELIN model/textures. Can WOWS Developers please clarify where these objects come from and what is their purpose?

They seem to be an invention of the WOWS Developers that have no real world basis. Photographic evidence and the original GRAF ZEPPELIN plans do not show these objects.

I need the data for my WOWS AUTHENTIC GRAF ZEPPELIN mod and for modelling purposes in general.

My most recent AUTHENTIC GRAF ZEPPELIN mod can be found on www.nexusmods.com

Some images to make clear to what I am referring to.

In the image underneath the many Dark Grey square-shaped objects on the Flight Deck of the WOWS GRAF ZEPPELIN are clearly visible

NKD7UTH.jpg

Square shaped objects were visible on the steel deck of the real world GRAF ZEPPELIN, but that was before the wooden planking had been fitted. Here are two images of the steel deck of the GRAF ZEPPELIN before the wooding planking was fitted.

Spoiler

dE2Zql4.jpgjw90fKu.jpg

These square shaped objects were no longer visible when the wooden planking had been fitted on the real world GRAF ZEPPELIN however.

Here are images of the Flight Deck of the real world GRAF ZEPPELIN after most of the wooden planking had been fitted.

Flight Deck in front of the Bridge:

Spoiler

PKKkRkL.jpg

Flight Deck looking from stern to stem:

Spoiler

mc2wmOn.jpg

Flight Deck looking from stern to stem, starboardside:

Spoiler

q32570p.jpg

Flight Deck looking from stern to stem, portside:

Spoiler

ZUfyS8n.jpg

Flight Deck looking from stern to stem, portside:

Spoiler

5ojrzqj.jpg

Here is a post war image with a member of the USSR military on the Flight Deck of the GRAF ZEPPELIN, looking from stern to stem:

Spoiler

Lanw5ad.jpg

Edited by Widar_Thule

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,378 posts
20,047 battles

Are you talking about the padeye tie downs across the deck for aircraft?

Members
89 posts
40 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

Are you talking about the padeye tie downs across the deck for aircraft?

GRAF ZEPPELIN in real life did not have them. And the question indeed is: what did the WOWS Developers put these Dark Grey squares there for. They also have reflections/lighting effects in WOWS so I more get the impression that they are intended to be Flight Deck lights and/or reflectors by the WOWS Developers.

In any event, nothing like this can be seen in the 1/100 and 1/300 Kriegsmarine plans of the GRAF ZEPPELIN class that I have seen.

Edited by Widar_Thule

[CVA16]
Members
5,391 posts
16,219 battles

From the photographic evidence presented, they look like they might be attachment points for the decking which WG interpreted as tie down points for aircraft.

Members
89 posts
2 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

From the photographic evidence presented, they look like they might be attachment points for the decking which WG interpreted as tie down points for aircraft.

That is what I also think.

Edited by Widar_Thule

Sign in to follow this