You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sinboto

Nothing but CVs and DDs

13 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
3,574 posts
7,677 battles

I have made it my mission this weekend to play nothing but CVs and DDs, I've spent far too much time after the rework in cruisers and BBs, it's time to round out my live gameplay stats. 

You guys see me in anything but a DD or CV in match you put me on blast, tell me I'm a horseradish spewing scumbag for going back on my word! This is the turning point in my captain career,  I shall become the very best, that no one ever was! 

The time of the CV/DD is upon me, fear me all battleships for torps and shells are coming for you! :fish_viking:

(barring test ships for obvious reasons)   

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
9 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

I have made it my mission this weekend to play nothing but CVs and DDs, I've spent far too much time after the rework in cruisers and BBs, it's time to round out my live gameplay stats. 

You guys see me in anything but a DD or CV in match you put me on blast, tell me I'm a horseradish spewing scumbag for going back on my word! This is the turning point in my captain career,  I shall become the very best, that no one ever was! 

The time of the CV/DD is upon me, fear me all battleships for torps and shells are coming for you! :fish_viking:

Hmm I’d be willing to wager your change of heart is likely thanks to how devastating the Roosevelt can be with those AP Rockets and you just can’t resist logging in some fun time with it... :Smile_trollface:

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
25 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Hmm I’d be willing to wager your change of heart is likely thanks to how devastating the Roosevelt can be with those AP Rockets and you just can’t resist logging in some fun time with it... :Smile_trollface:

Roosevelt has HE rockets. It just launches 60 of them per run(which is less impressive than it sounds when you consider Midway can do 30 of the same rockets per run with much faster planes).

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
28 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

Roosevelt has HE rockets. It just launches 60 of them per run(which is less impressive than it sounds when you consider Midway can do 30 of the same rockets per run with much faster planes).

Midway never did the damage to my Hindenburg that Roosevelt did, so it’s packing something different. 50%-75 of my HP was gone in 1 rocket attack flight and that was with my AA being upgraded and focused on the attacking planes.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
1 hour ago, Sinboto said:

welcome to world of dds.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,574 posts
7,677 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Midway never did the damage to my Hindenburg that Roosevelt did, so it’s packing something different. 50%-75 of my HP was gone in 1 rocket attack flight and that was with my AA being upgraded and focused on the attacking planes.

This is actually false, the rockets themselves are exactly the same as the midway's non tiny tim rockets. (HVAR 127mm) They simply fire more of them and with a special targeting reticle. Also I'm done testing the FDR, so I'll likely not be playing her until any changes are made. 

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 minute ago, Sinboto said:

This is actually false, the rockets themselves are exactly the same as the midway's non tiny tim rockets. (HVAR 127mm) They simply fire more of them and with a special targeting reticle. Also I'm done testing the FDR, so I'll likely not be playing her until any changes are made. 

Guess the RGN must have just massively trolled me that battle then as only have faced FDR or even seen FDR in a battle once.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
8 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Guess the RGN must have just massively trolled me that battle then as only have faced FDR or even seen FDR in a battle once.

To be fair, HVAR Midway is a monster if you aim well against a ship that won't shatter them.

Edit: For instance, Smolensk and Worcester would probably rue the day they gave broadside.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
59 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

i faced an FDR once... very hard hit. i dont know her cool down, but it was truly devastating...

i hope they will make it for dobloons cause i want to play with her.

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
15 hours ago, Felipe_1982 said:

i faced an FDR once... very hard hit. i dont know her cool down, but it was truly devastating...

i hope they will make it for dobloons cause i want to play with her.

The turn around on her strikes is pretty poor. They are about as fast as T4 planes. She also has zero reserves and long restock times so while the planes are durable things like fighters absolutely brutalize her.

• Cool 1

[_HW_]
Members
447 posts
7,096 battles
17 hours ago, Sinboto said:

Also I'm done testing the FDR,

What is the FDR/Roosevelt?  Is that a new premium American CV?  And if so, at what tier and when will it be available?

Thanks!

[NDA]
Supertester
3,574 posts
7,677 battles
1 hour ago, Nordlaender said:

What is the FDR/Roosevelt?  Is that a new premium American CV?  And if so, at what tier and when will it be available?

Thanks!

It's an upcoming T10 aircraft carrier of the USN, I am not aware of a release date at this time. 

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
5 hours ago, Tekina_ said:

The turn around on her strikes is pretty poor. They are about as fast as T4 planes. She also has zero reserves and long restock times so while the planes are durable things like fighters absolutely brutalize her.

so it will be harder to do strikes... it will have to choose a lot better as there isnt planes to spare.