Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
guns_at_last_light

Karma may not matter, but sometimes it feels so right

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
964 posts

Does karma matter?

Cosmically? Maybe. In WG? No. But after really plumbing the depths of the salty sea I tried to be a tad bit more friendly in the game and it mostly paid off with a nice, round number.

The secret? Not telling people how awful they play (though they sometimes do. Big time) and trying to not play horribly myself. 

image.png.512d7fea1035440263a6f3dd05e800c6.png

Clearly I am tempting karma by posting this, so I expect to be at 100 by tomorrow evening.

  • Cool 6
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
925
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,431 posts
26,784 battles

Nice.  Using MMM you can see who has karma and who doesn't.   Frankly,  pretty rare to see people over 50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

I play CV's - so even when I get a kraken off 150k damage, 200k spotting and double digits on incapacitaions, fires, floods AND defends with a capture ribbon - I still get neg rep'd. My favourite non-CV one - I got neg reped and blamed for a loss where I died first - 5 minutes in, capturing a point and taking 3 of the enemy teams ships with me, 2 of which were higher tier on a flank that was unsupported by the other 11 ships and was finally killed by the 3 others that diverted to deal with me and take the cap back and was still top of the scoreboard 4 spots above the battleship player, who survived, that told me he was neg reping me and many things I will not repeat here because forum rules. 

 

Honestly - I kinda wish they'd just do to the karma system here what they did on the forum. Too many people salty because you play a class, don't play the way they want, you kill them (yes I ave been negged by the red team because I owned them), and so man other stupid things that make the system worthless for rewards or figuring out who's actually a problem.

Why despite playing well, keeping my mouth shut, etc - I have an entire 7. Frankly, surprised it's that high.

 

And for the record, because people have tried to twist and say things in the past - I'm not salty or he like over the Karma, much like TLJ in 'The Fugitive' - 'I don't care'. Any salt detected is more for the incapability of people to properly use even something as simple as this and have to simply use it to take out anger cause they hate a class, a ship, that you killed them, that you took their name first or that you don't like puppies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,046
[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,767 posts
9,453 battles
3 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

ah you must not play CV?

Despite what people say playing CVs isn't always instant karma loss, I'm at 150ish right now and I play CVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,760
Members
1,640 posts
7,186 battles
3 hours ago, Warped_1 said:

Nice.  Using MMM you can see who has karma and who doesn't.   Frankly,  pretty rare to see people over 50.

Bud of mine had 170 Karma and was an RTS CV player. After the rework he kept playing CV and now all his Karma is gone. Not from being bad, just form playing CV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,862 posts
21,413 battles
44 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Bud of mine had 170 Karma and was an RTS CV player. After the rework he kept playing CV and now all his Karma is gone. Not from being bad, just form playing CV. 

I got the black version of the Led Zeppelin (I like that name better) out of a free crate so took it into a co-op match to see how it plays. I'm not a CV player but had seen videos on the secondaries and was interested to try it against the bots. Got two kills and was third on the team in the win but received two negative karma. I believe I have low three hundred karma so I'm not someone that talks smack in chat or berates other players etc. I didn't even type anything that match it was over so quick; typical co-op win. Sort of ruined the experience in trying a new ship.

It's a shame people are like that but welcome to online gaming I suppose. 

The Average Angry Gamer - Video Games - video game memes, Pokémon GO

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
702
[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
606 posts
28,629 battles

Congrats, OP, on reaching 200 Karma.  I got there not too long ago and hope to make 300 by years end.  Good luck!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[COB]
Beta Testers
884 posts
7,420 battles
7 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

ah you must not play CV?

Truth. I've dropped almost 30 just for being in one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
925
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,431 posts
26,784 battles
3 hours ago, Sinboto said:

Despite what people say playing CVs isn't always instant karma loss, I'm at 150ish right now and I play CVs.

I play quite a bit of CVs and I'm a bit over 300.  Again, it depends more on how you conduct yourself during the game then what you play.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
919
[WOLFG]
Members
1,355 posts

The only thing I hate about Karma is you have no idea how, why or from whom you got it.  It could be revenge, it could be some wheenie who expected you to play his game or it could be just a certain ship you play (Smolensk?) .  

-1:

Big mouths blaming everybody else for them dying.

Badmouthing your own team, even if we are losing.  ('this team sucks', etc.)

Political garbage in chat, even if I agree with them.

+1 

For a job well done.  Usually DDs who play well, since they seem to have the biggest impact on the outcome of the game.

For just being a decent human being.

 

Edited by Captain_Rawhide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
357
[RST]
Members
836 posts
22,784 battles

One of my favorite quotes is from the movie Harvey -

Elwood P. Dowd: "Years ago my mother used to say to me, she’d say, “In this world, Elwood, you must be,” — she always called me Elwood — “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant.” Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

Karma.png.57423317203573b8ff9f18fe2fb4e6d1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
338
[F4E]
Members
523 posts
8,754 battles
13 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

The secret? Not telling people how awful they play (though they sometimes do. Big time) and trying to not play horribly myself. 

I thought we were supposed to treat karma as a consumable.  After I get to 30+ I have free license to tell idiots to STHU when they bark at me.  When I dip back down into the low 20's, I generally feel better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,291
[-TKS-]
Members
1,530 posts
13,268 battles

I've noticed recently that I get negative karma in CV tier 6 down, and positive at tier 10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
257 posts
27,992 battles
On 7/3/2020 at 3:57 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

I play CV but the bots don't seem to mind... :Smile_hiding:

 

Karma 1479.jpg

Dang, AdmiralThunder, I was pretty happy with my 1000. I try and use up all my compliments every day. 

shot-20.07.04_21.09.31-0371.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,287
[RKLES]
Members
964 posts
On 7/2/2020 at 11:35 PM, WanderingGhost said:

I play CV's - so even when I get a kraken off 150k damage, 200k spotting and double digits on incapacitaions, fires, floods AND defends with a capture ribbon - I still get neg rep'd. My favourite non-CV one - I got neg reped and blamed for a loss where I died first - 5 minutes in, capturing a point and taking 3 of the enemy teams ships with me, 2 of which were higher tier on a flank that was unsupported by the other 11 ships and was finally killed by the 3 others that diverted to deal with me and take the cap back and was still top of the scoreboard 4 spots above the battleship player, who survived, that told me he was neg reping me and many things I will not repeat here because forum rules. 

 

Honestly - I kinda wish they'd just do to the karma system here what they did on the forum. Too many people salty because you play a class, don't play the way they want, you kill them (yes I ave been negged by the red team because I owned them), and so man other stupid things that make the system worthless for rewards or figuring out who's actually a problem.

Why despite playing well, keeping my mouth shut, etc - I have an entire 7. Frankly, surprised it's that high.

 

And for the record, because people have tried to twist and say things in the past - I'm not salty or he like over the Karma, much like TLJ in 'The Fugitive' - 'I don't care'. Any salt detected is more for the incapability of people to properly use even something as simple as this and have to simply use it to take out anger cause they hate a class, a ship, that you killed them, that you took their name first or that you don't like puppies.

Maybe the players are telling you something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,076
[PVE]
Members
16,276 posts
35,066 battles
1 hour ago, BoraHorzaGobuchul said:

Dang, AdmiralThunder, I was pretty happy with my 1000. I try and use up all my compliments every day. 

shot-20.07.04_21.09.31-0371.jpg

1000 is great and nothing to sneeze at. Congrat's. :cap_like:

I get a lot for playing well but also from people who know me from forums. It's a mix.

Got a few more...:Smile_hiding:

1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×