Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Merc_R_Us

Cannot Citadel the Bayern with Ryujo. What is going on?

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

980
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,956 battles

I've been in the training room, finding which ships I can citadel and it is not happening on the Bayern. This is interesting because the Wiki Guide specifically says:

Bombers carry AP bombs that are effective only against select targets (ex. German cruisers and battleships, French battlesips, some American cruisers and battleships) but not to destroyers as they overpen.

Where is the citadel on this thing? Any Help greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,117
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,169 battles

You need to make sure the bombs are traveling at speed to citadel a Bayern with Ryujo.

Boost going into the dive and release and you may hit the citadel. Alternatively, release while in the steepest part of the dive and you should be able to citadel the Bayern.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
990
[KAPPA]
Members
3,124 posts
9,249 battles

Drop high, drop fast to get through a thick deck. Drop low, drop slow to cit a super squishy deck. My hardest cit I've pulled off has been Kuma in Aegis. If you don't get the cit despite landing it, either drop harder or softer next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,279 posts
18,110 battles

As pointed out: Have to boost in and drop fast.

 

You want to aim to land at the smoke stack, that is where I consistently citadel Bayern with Ryujo.  Boost before you begin your attack and boost all the way through till just after you drop.  I tend to drop once my reticule tightens, but some times that isn't a luxury, so aim to drop about a second after your bombers enter their dive.  This should provide consistent citadel hits on Bayern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
980
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,956 battles
8 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

You need to make sure the bombs are traveling at speed to citadel a Bayern with Ryujo.

Boost going into the dive and release and you may hit the citadel. Alternatively, release while in the steepest part of the dive and you should be able to citadel the Bayern.

 

8 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Drop high, drop fast to get through a thick deck. Drop low, drop slow to cit a super squishy deck. My hardest cit I've pulled off has been Kuma in Aegis. If you don't get the cit despite landing it, either drop harder or softer next time.

 

6 hours ago, Volron said:

As pointed out: Have to boost in and drop fast.

 

You want to aim to land at the smoke stack, that is where I consistently citadel Bayern with Ryujo.  Boost before you begin your attack and boost all the way through till just after you drop.  I tend to drop once my reticule tightens, but some times that isn't a luxury, so aim to drop about a second after your bombers enter their dive.  This should provide consistent citadel hits on Bayern.

Wow can't believe I didn't know this, thanks captains! 

I'm about to play around again in the training room on this. I very much prefer dropping low and fast but I'll try dropping earlier and experiment.

Would you say that these are still the only ships you can really citadel (from the Wiki):

Bombers carry AP bombs that are effective only against select targets (ex. German cruisers and battleships, French battlesips, some American cruisers and battleships) but not to destroyers as they overpen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
990
[KAPPA]
Members
3,124 posts
9,249 battles
1 minute ago, Merc_R_Us said:

 

 

Wow can't believe I didn't know this, thanks captains! 

I'm about to play around again in the training room on this. I very much prefer dropping low and fast but I'll try dropping earlier and experiment.

Would you say that these are still the only ships you can really citadel (from the Wiki):

Bombers carry AP bombs that are effective only against select targets (ex. German cruisers and battleships, French battlesips, some American cruisers and battleships) but not to destroyers as they overpen.

AP bombs are effective against most targets with a cit. KM AP bombs have extra high pen (or maybe just Zeppy now? Dunno yet), Enterprise has extra low pen, and IJN have average. That said, the higher the tier, the fewer targets that exist which you can't cit. RN CLs and Smolensk (and a small number of others, I'm sure) are more or less the only targets you can't cit by T10, and even then it's probably entirely doable so long as you can arm the fuze.

Don't quote me on this, however. AP bombs are my weakest subject as a CV main.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
990
[KAPPA]
Members
3,124 posts
9,249 battles
22 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

 

 

Wow can't believe I didn't know this, thanks captains! 

I'm about to play around again in the training room on this. I very much prefer dropping low and fast but I'll try dropping earlier and experiment.

Would you say that these are still the only ships you can really citadel (from the Wiki):

Bombers carry AP bombs that are effective only against select targets (ex. German cruisers and battleships, French battlesips, some American cruisers and battleships) but not to destroyers as they overpen.

It's why AP bombs are getting nerfed by 17% soon.

Sorry, trying to ensure you don't miss this or I'd just edit.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,279 posts
18,110 battles
15 hours ago, Merc_R_Us said:

 

 

Wow can't believe I didn't know this, thanks captains! 

I'm about to play around again in the training room on this. I very much prefer dropping low and fast but I'll try dropping earlier and experiment.

Would you say that these are still the only ships you can really citadel (from the Wiki):

Bombers carry AP bombs that are effective only against select targets (ex. German cruisers and battleships, French battlesips, some American cruisers and battleships) but not to destroyers as they overpen.

 

Dropping low and fast will generally rob you of a lot of damage and increase your chance of just overpen'ing.

 

To answer your question: No.  Setup and execution play a large factor against what targets, with a bit of luck since Mistress RNG does as she pleases once you hit that button to drop. :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×