You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Robert_S_

Major problem with ship purchase!

8 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
55 battles

I don't know if it's my computer or something I'm doing wrong but I have been TRYING for 2 weeks to purchase a simple U.S destroyer. Now a week before that, I tried too purchase a cruiser with a bank card and it turned me down. My wife tried with her Pay Pal account and it worked fine. When we went to purchase the destroyer with Pay Pal it either locks up or keeps saying I need to link card with my account! HOW in the hell does one do that since it doesn't tell you? What's more frustrating is that it did NOT say this before when buying the cruiser!

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,879 posts
4,881 battles

it have something to do with oversea transactions, your bank put a hold on it. I had this problem before. Paypal works just fine without any of that barrier

also you need to confirm your paypal before making oversea transactions, you might of forgotten to do that part

how to link a card

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/How-do-I-link-a-debit-or-credit-card-to-my-PayPal-account-FAQ826

the problem you're having is on paypal end, not wargaming

[WORX]
Members
10,768 posts
18,591 battles
40 minutes ago, Robert_S_ said:

I don't know if it's my computer or something I'm doing wrong but I have been TRYING for 2 weeks to purchase a simple U.S destroyer. Now a week before that, I tried too purchase a cruiser with a bank card and it turned me down. My wife tried with her Pay Pal account and it worked fine. When we went to purchase the destroyer with Pay Pal it either locks up or keeps saying I need to link card with my account! HOW in the hell does one do that since it doesn't tell you? What's more frustrating is that it did NOT say this before when buying the cruiser!

You know,

This issue would've been resolved if you called the CS numbers on the back of your debit/credit card...

Some banks, will not accept overseas online purchases as a policy for you using their credit card. So you have to call the bank for which the card was issued and inform them like

• "Hey I am Adm. Smuck-a-telly, I am trying to purchase this service from this web site.. Can you make sure its accepted please? Thank you...

They will intern been notified by you... Therefor they will give you an instruction of "yeah wait 2 min and then purchase."

After that you buy the service as normal and POOF its done...

This has nothing to do with WG side, they're the merchant.. The problem is with the rules and regulation of your United stats based cards.

I strongly recommend you get acquainted with the rules, boundaries, regulations and any other restrictions your card may have on Mr. Plastic.. Just to avoid these situations in the future

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Meh 1

[FGNE]
Members
960 posts
4,568 battles
1 hour ago, Robert_S_ said:

Same thing happened to me with PayPal, I contacted customer support and they only told me that it wasn’t allowed due to “security reasons”, no further explanation, my card had been confirmed and received the “dummy charge” without issues.

Could never get it to work, I ended up using a different payment option.

This is on PayPal’s end, not WG, not your bank.

[WOLFG]
Members
553 posts
12,688 battles

I always had problems buying stuff from the Premium Shop until I started using Amazon Pay.  Just uses any card you may have stored on Amazon, and you can choose which card before paying. Have had zero issues since I started using Amazon Pay.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,554 posts
13,914 battles
12 hours ago, Robert_S_ said:

So sometimes financial institutions, because you are purchasing from a company that is not in the US, will put a hold or straight-up block a purchase.  Sorry you're having problems with this, hopefully @foodprinter can help you!

He is one of our awesome Customer Support managers!

-Hapa

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,536 posts

fwiw - I've used PayPal since day zero with WoWS and have never, I repeat never had any issue with issuing a payment. 

Weird huh?