You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Dear new players.....

25 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,059 posts

This is how NOT to win.  After you get your Top of the line shiny new T-10 ships, please feel free try their Guns out. 

They work n Stuff.

OH and see that tiny DD?  Capping all by himself?  He's spotting all those ships for you to shoot at too.

Try some PEW PEW!!!

That is all

sure loss.png

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 7

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

It isn't just new players. It is scary how often I have seen DD's played by an experienced player stay quiet when they only need a few hundred, a few thousand damage to get the kill and they reply when asked they say, it is a torpedo boat. GRRRRR, those guns are not for decoration and even though they are not going to win you a duel against a gun boat DD they will do damage.

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
382 posts
17,057 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

This is how NOT to win.  After you get your Top of the line shiny new T-10 ships, please feel free try their Guns out. 

They work n Stuff.

OH and see that tiny DD?  Capping all by himself?  He's spotting all those ships for you to shoot at too.

Try some PEW PEW!!!

That is all

sure loss.png

Different skilled players play this game. Some people more serious other just for fun. Some are better than others and  It is what it is. I mean I do not like seeing 2 cvs each side and towards the end of the match if it is long match the cvs become stronger, and stronger. I mean they are so protected don't burn do not flood. To me cvs in this game are like little rubber duckys. Now lets go back to your post. It is what it is. This is how I take it.

You are going to have different skilled players on your team, that is why its called random.

Have a good day

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Members
106 posts
7,084 battles
1 minute ago, Tim__2016 said:

Different skilled players play this game. Some people more serious other just for fun. Some are better than others and  It is what it is. I mean I do not like seeing 2 cvs each side and towards the end of the match if it is long match the cvs become stronger, and stronger. I mean they are so protected don't burn do not flood. To me cvs in this game are like little rubber duckys. Now lets go back to your post. It is what it is. This is how I take it.

You are going to have different skilled players on your team, that is why its called random.

Have a good day

So OP is not allowed to give advice to said new players?

I don't think anyone enjoys having bad players on their team, so what is so bad about telling new players how NOT to play?

Also what exactly was the point in bringing CVs into it? It has exactly nothing to do with OP's original post.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[PHD]
Members
1,514 posts
6,471 battles

But if you shoot at those red ships,,,,      they shoot back!:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 3
  • Haha 2

[PVE]
Members
4,263 posts
18,638 battles
2 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

They work n Stuff.

Try some PEW PEW!!!

That is all

sure loss.png

Ah, this is an arcade shooter without any skill progression process...............so, what in the heck are you expecting????  Teamwork, in a game not designed for teams or team work>?  It's a cooperative shooter without "any" skill progression or skill requirements.....  My 8 year old grandson was playing tier 8 premium ships until I found out.....  An 8 year old.  What you "expect" isn't this game at all anymore....  The new norm is strictly a simple, 1D arcade shooter; where, anyone at any skill level using any ship they can buy without requirement can play no matter what others think is important.   Why expect a higher standard when there are no standards to buy ships????

They don't want to use their guns..........oh kay !  Play COOP and stop getting gray hair.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Members
106 posts
7,084 battles
2 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Ah, this is an arcade shooter without any skill progression process...............so, what in the heck are you expecting????  Teamwork, in a game not designed for teams or team work>?  It's a cooperative shooter without "any" skill progression or skill requirements.....  My 8 year old grandson was playing tier 8 premium ships until I found out.....  An 8 year old.  What you "expect" isn't this game at all anymore....  The new norm is strictly a simple, 1D arcade shooter; where, anyone at any skill level using any ship they can buy without requirement can play no matter what others think is important.   Why expect a higher standard when there are no standards to buy ships????

They don't want to use their guns..........oh kay !  Play COOP and stop getting gray hair.

Again, why is OP not allowed to teach new players how to play?

• Cool 3

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
880 posts
5,907 battles

It's not only new players. I think people forgot how to play. I have seen the posts about the horrid play of late, but until tonight I haven't seen it. Tonight has got to be the worst i've ever seen. Or maybe it's me....team after team...huge blowout after another. Astounding stuff. 

[WOLF4]
Members
382 posts
17,057 battles
45 minutes ago, SirPent13 said:

I don't think anyone enjoys having bad players on their team, so what is so bad about telling new players how NOT to play?

Also what exactly was the point in bringing CVs into it? It has exactly nothing to do with OP's original post.

sure it does I do not care to play with 2 cvs on each side, and the OP had said doesn't like to play with crummy players, but either play or don't.

Do all the new players come and read the forums for advice? He can give all the advise he wants heck maybe he can some videos on how to play.

He is venting his frustration.

Like I said it is what it is, if it is so bad then quit. On the other hand just have to play the arcade game and give it your best. If it gets to frustrating turn it off, I have many times.

• Boring 1

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
880 posts
5,907 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

It isn't just new players. It is scary how often I have seen DD's played by an experienced player stay quiet when they only need a few hundred, a few thousand damage to get the kill and they reply when asked they say, it is a torpedo boat. GRRRRR, those guns are not for decoration and even though they are not going to win you a duel against a gun boat DD they will do damage.

Or players in a T10 dd pop smoke, sit in it firing away...and then burst out in a rage when you send a wall of torps into the smoke and nuke them..lol. Like, how did they possibly reach t10 and not understand something like that. 

• Funny 1

[TIMT]
Members
659 posts
3,452 battles
Just now, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

Tonight has got to be the worst i've ever seen

Glad I am not the only one, but my games have been horrible today. And it is not only noobs, the potatoes are out in force, saw many people do stupid things, turned out it is the 10k+ matches, 42%WR. I mean, come on after that many battles you would assume there was some progression or desire to get better?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Part of why I like the IJN torp line. Those guns are secretly dangerous, and no DD expects me to not launch torps, instead just gunning them down. :cap_haloween:I've had benhams in ranked, for example, not fire at my Yugumo while I rip them a new one. It's just funny to me. After my 5th or so salvo the poor thing opened up, but it was far, far too late.

And then his torps missed, too, because I'm not that dense as to just take them.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
4,263 posts
18,638 battles
3 hours ago, SirPent13 said:

Again, why is OP not allowed to teach new players how to play?

He did !  Sort of.....  To what end though?  Do you really think a new player wants to "learn" how to play a 1D arcade shooter?  Based on what?  To what end>?  Ship roles from history?   That don't exist anymore?  Made up physics that are so wonky that even my 8 year old grandson knows aren't real nor even close to being real?     Some learn by doing>>>???   He's allowed to do whatever the heck he wants.....  It's his time and it might help someone. 

I've only been in game two and a half years and realized that the only thing there is is, are you having fun..........  And, for many, that isn't a logical and is sometime less than rational concept.

Members
1,429 posts
7,116 battles

Sadly this is what many teams do once they figure out there is an enemy ship near....

Edited by USMC2145
  • Haha 1

[PHD]
Members
1,514 posts
6,471 battles
8 hours ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

It's not only new players. I think people forgot how to play. I have seen the posts about the horrid play of late, but until tonight I haven't seen it. Tonight has got to be the worst i've ever seen. Or maybe it's me....team after team...huge blowout after another. Astounding stuff. 

It's not just people, I have a CoOp match where I was the only human on either team and my bots were terrible, at least some of them rammed. 

• Confused 1

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,423 battles

What is illustrated ,OP, 8 greens to 11 reds? Too bad you didn't have a few more illustrations of 'before' situation (we don't need any 'after' - we can see what is going to happen).

Why are you critcizing the Gearing? At least, he is capping.

What about the 4 idiot coward camping BBs, all out of position & not pushing the Kleber.

& what are the 2 cruisers doing? Especially that idiot Nevsky. They both should be on & near the Kleber.

If this idiot team who are Lemming near C had actually pushed properly they might be able to rescue this battle (maybe).

Members
4 posts

No matter how many times you say it you will never control how people play the game. People play the game the way they want to or the way they know to. I say let people play however way they want. :cap_popcorn:

[KAG]
Members
458 posts
23,464 battles
13 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

They work n Stuff.

Try some PEW PEW!!!

That is all

sure loss.png

Looks like the Gearing is hiding behind an island not spotting anything 

Members
817 posts
5,697 battles

It's hard to take these posts seriously, from someone that hides their stats. 

Oh...and that dd isn't capping. The cap has been taken. How long the DD sat in that cap and did nothing is a big mystery.... hmmm...  

• Meh 1

[_HW_]
Members
447 posts
7,108 battles
14 hours ago, Tim__2016 said:

There is nothing "random" about this particular battle.  That is truly some majestic parallel parking behind that island. That takes skill.

Members
580 posts
7,376 battles

Tier X: sometimes you are on team seal, sometimes you are on team club.

Edited by MinkeWhale

Members
2,137 posts
13,245 battles
14 hours ago, SirPent13 said:

Nope.. no advice.. no opinions..  actually pretty much anything you post other than praise will get attacked.. .. toxicity is the name of the game...  when a post is made all efforts must be made to pick at it, find fault and then attack the poster for having the timidity to post in the first place... which is why many captains do not bother with these forums.. this is a "suck it up butter cup" kinda place..  you know like it is on the rest of the Internet..   nice try though... marks for that!

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[GOB]
Members
2,059 posts
10 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

OP, I see you took it upon yourself to sail off to A by yourself and died alone.

I was waiting for this post...  There's always ONE.

You are of course completely wrong.

I took  that Cap with the back-up of 2  Ca's ( great team work )   and WE  held it for the entire time against 6 ships. what you see there is after they died playing like freakin HEROS supporting me I was able to keep that cap much longer by spamming torps in every direction until they all rushed me and pushed me off of it ,,,swarmed me and killed me.

I won't expect you or you lil buddy that laughed at your snarky post to apologize for being typical posters here looking for something to jump on to get your snark fix but that's this place.

[WOLF4]
Members
382 posts
17,057 battles
2 hours ago, shoy07 said:

Looks like the Gearing is hiding behind an island not spotting anything 

The DM is there maybe the radar is on so the dd is hiding? In anycase it would not matter as the red team is circling the other team. Game Over in most cases.

12 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I was waiting for this post...  There's always ONE.

You are of course completely wrong.

I took  that Cap with the back-up of 2  Ca's ( great team work )   and WE  held it for the entire time against 6 ships. what you see there is after they died playing like freakin HEROS supporting me I was able to keep that cap much longer by spamming torps in every direction until they all rushed me and pushed me off of it ,,,swarmed me and killed me.

I won't expect you or you lil buddy that laughed at your snarky post to apologize for being typical posters here looking for something to jump on to get your snark fix but that's this place.

You did your best. You tried. Not much else you can do.