You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USS_Saratoga_CV3

Enterprise Coming back onsale or not

51 comments in this topic

Members
15 posts

So I have 3 tier 8 premium CVs. They are Saipan, Graf zeppelin and Kaga and i heard there is another premium CV and not the indomitable and it is the Enterprise. Saipan, Enterprise, Kaga and Graf zeppelin are the best premium tier 8 CVs. Wanna get the Enterprise? Well you can't because it is offsale and the containers that have her are also offsale and she wont come back to the premium shop. If she is coming back onsale again, Then Wargaming may let her be obtained by completing a collection or make her back onsale one more time on the armory or premium shop and make it onsale for 1 year.

Wanna get Graf zeppelin, Saipan or Kaga from the armory or premium shop? Heres the info of them to see wich one is the best.

Graf zeppelin: Fast torpedo bombers and dive bombers

Saipan: Only tier 8 CV with tier 10 planes

Kaga: With the largest attacking flight than any other CV on it's dive bombers and torpedo bombers and has a very large hanger size

Cost of the doubloons of them on the armory:

Saipan and Kaga: 11,300

Graf zeppelin: 14,000

Edited by USS_Saratoga_CV3
  • Meh 3

[ARGSY]
Members
20,192 posts
14,348 battles

Never coming back.

They removed her for a reason and she stays gone for that reason. IF they ever did relent, they would be met with justifiable anger from the people who spammed Santa crates far beyond her ticket price solely to obtain her. 

• Cool 4

[HELLS]
Members
2,666 posts
27,224 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Never coming back.

They removed her for a reason and she stays gone for that reason. IF they ever did relent, they would be met with justifiable anger from the people who spammed Santa crates far beyond her ticket price solely to obtain her. 

I got her for free in crate related to the FUBAR return of the CVs to the live server. Same for Kaga.  Enterprise is not OP, but being a USN CV she has already been nerfed. Twice...

Members
15 posts

Of course Ensign Cthulhu shes in a santa crate and spamming money on santa crates is just a waste of money but The other CVs on the best premium tier 8 CVs list are not bad. Kaga can be better than Enterprise due to her large hanger size and HE bombs wich is better than AP bombs. Saipan can be better due to her tier 10 planes and they can easily destroy tier 6s and 7s. Graf zeppelin can be better because of her fast torpedo bombers and dive bombers

[RLGN]
Members
14,319 posts
25,262 battles
26 minutes ago, USS_Saratoga_CV3 said:

Grand admiral how is Enterprise not op? Shes pretty good because of her AP bombs and the largest attack aircraft air group

Because if you suck at dodging AA, and constantly get bottom tiered, Ghost’s planes are like gnats in a blow torch.

Because if you suck at twitch skills, aim, and drop timing, your chances for getting AP bomb citadels make unicorns look common.

Sorry, but a few deep purples being good with ANY ship doesn’t make it OP.

Maybe it was OP during RTS, but now, it’s just another has-been joke, like all the carriers.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

Members
706 posts
3,468 battles
20 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Sorry, but a few deep purples being good with ANY ship doesn’t make it OP.

Watch Zoups latest vid. Plays it sub par. Still hits 100k damage. Enterprise is broken and OP.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NH]
Members
1,771 posts
6 minutes ago, TorpedoBonk said:

Watch Zoups latest vid. Plays it sub par. Still hits 100k damage. Enterprise is broken and OP.

By that rational there is a whole lot of OP ships out there. Just saying

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,319 posts
25,262 battles
19 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Big E is top dog in the T8 CV slot.

If I’d ever directly witnessed anything which lead me to believe that, I wouldn’t have commented as I did.

Members
706 posts
3,468 battles
15 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

By that rational there is a whole lot of OP ships out there. Just saying

None even close to the gap Between Enterprise and it's other T8 counterparts. 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,590 posts
15,735 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If I’d ever directly witnessed anything which lead me to believe that, I wouldn’t have commented as I did.

Just speaking for myself. When facing the Big E in T8 in my Lexington, Shokaku, or Implacable. It is the one that gives me the most trouble.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,590 posts
15,735 battles
9 minutes ago, TorpedoBonk said:

None even close to the gap Between Enterprise and it's other T8 counterparts. 

This

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,590 posts
15,735 battles

I wish it did go back on sale as is. I’d think of a good excuse to tell my wife why I was buying it.

• Funny 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,522 posts
10,532 battles

I'm not afraid of the ship.  
It is the player(s) that I'm curious about.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,930 posts
11,605 battles

Enterprise being the most powerful CV at T8 is no accident, its merely mimicking its IRL counterpart of wrecking anything that dared come across it

• Funny 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,319 posts
25,262 battles
11 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

Enterprise being the most powerful CV at T8 is no accident, its merely mimicking its IRL counterpart of wrecking anything that dared come across it

Zuikaku gave it a college try; but the mauling her air groups took at Eastern Solomons and Santa Cruz put paid to her efforts.

Especially at Santa Cruz.

I recently read an article saying every aircraft that returned to Zuikaku had AA damage, and many of the veteran pilots were visibly shaken by the level of AA they’d had to face.

(I believe Enterprise had just received her first 40mm Bofors refit, plus South Dakota was present with her 20 127mms, and other AA.)

Enterprise and Zuikaku were the most veteran carriers on both sides, until Cape Engano, 10/44. After that, the title was Enterprise’ alone.

• Cool 1

Banned
627 posts
24 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

Don't tell Turkey-chan that. :fish_haloween:

But yes, Enterprise is too OP in the new carrier meta for her to return rn. That said, one of her sisters could come along instead.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,590 posts
15,735 battles
12 minutes ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

That said, one of her sisters could come along instead.

USS Hornet CV-8 a sister Yorktown class.

USS Hornet CV-12 a Essex class.

Either of these two would get my vote. Both rich in Naval history.

A05FA366-60C3-4B30-BBD8-03E391D4DEEF.jpeg

9ACFE856-0371-4D80-BC3E-BABE38F5C095.jpeg

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,131 posts
4,088 battles
30 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Zuikaku gave it a college try; but the mauling her air groups took at Eastern Solomons and Santa Cruz put paid to her efforts.

Especially at Santa Cruz.

I recently read an article saying every aircraft that returned to Zuikaku had AA damage, and many of the veteran pilots were visibly shaken by the level of AA they’d had to face.

(I believe Enterprise had just received her first 40mm Bofors refit, plus South Dakota was present with her 20 127mms, and other AA.)

Enterprise and Zuikaku were the most veteran carriers on both sides, until Cape Engano, 10/44. After that, the title was Enterprise’ alone.

Every account of USN AA once they got the radar guided thing figured out states it was freaking scary. There's the stupid amount of shells all those guns spit out, and then add the radar guided coordinated gunfire? There's a reason the USN didn't lose an Essex class, and even their big early war CV loses usually weren't solely due to air attack. I've also read that bit about every plane having AA damage, it's incredible the Japs got what they did through.

OP, Enterprise is probably gone for the foreseeable future. General consensus is she's OP. I have little experience in CVs, and was still able to hop in her and make myself somewhat effective, those rocket planes are no joke. Also WG makes a lot of money off people buying stupid numbers of Santa Crates in hopes of getting her. It's a shame, one of the most iconic ships of WWII for sure. Hopefully WG will get CVs to a state where they could sell the Big E again, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.

[RLGN]
Members
14,319 posts
25,262 battles
1 hour ago, TorpedoBonk said:

On of his recent general subject vids? Can’t seem to find a recent one about Enterprise.

Members
706 posts
3,468 battles
15 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

On of his recent general subject vids? Can’t seem to find a recent one about Enterprise.

It's the latest one about having fun. He has a enty replay as the background kinda

[RLGN]
Members
14,319 posts
25,262 battles
8 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I have little experience in CVs, and was still able to hop in her and make myself somewhat effective, those rocket planes are no joke.

Except I’m garbage at the predictive blind attacks some seem so good at. Outside a blind torp attack into smoke, I can’t attack destroyers worth spit, unless someone ELSE is spotting them.

That destroyers are so hard to spot (especially with AA turned off,) never mind actually attack without outside spotting, is partly why I have so little sympathy for complaints by destroyers about getting hammered.

• Meh 1

[SEAKT]
[SEAKT]
Members
52 posts
6,011 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Big E is top dog in the T8 CV slot.

It use to be, but the nerf on the carriers has made it weak. I say Kaga is the top dog in rank battles.

Edited by PugsOfSteel