Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SeaRaptor

Quarterly Review, Second Quarter 2020

7 comments in this topic

[-K-]
-Members-, WoWS Community Contributors
2,671 posts
12,400 battles

Another quarter has come and gone; let's take a look at what went down and how it did - or didn't - impact server activity in World of Warships.

• Cool 5

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,590 posts
15,730 battles

Thank you for these videos. It’s nice to see the trends of WoW’s.

Members
274 posts
5,115 battles

Loved it so much I went back to watch your first quarter review as well. I really appreciate your insightful points and commentary on the effects of the pandemic. I hope the numbers hold! :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[MHG]
Members
71 posts
3,267 battles

Thanks for the work of putting this all together, I'm very exited to see the game growing. More people interested in ships is always a plus!

[5D2]
Members
228 posts
9,492 battles
12 hours ago, Fatalimpulse said:

Thanks for the work of putting this all together, I'm very exited to see the game growing. More people interested in ships is always a plus!

Is it really though?

Do we need more 40% potatoes rushing to T10, buying ships they don't know how to play and infesting high tiers, only to further destroy the quality of matches and increase the number of steamrolls?

I'd rather the playerbase shrunk by 20% but increased in skill.  I'd rather veteran players stop leaving because of WGs poorly thought out cash grabbing schemes and contempt for the player base.  I'd rather games increased in quality so I can have 20% of my matches be nail biting tactical games of skill instead of 5%.

More players is not the answer.  More education for players, more teaching of mechanics and fewer "point in click" potatoes is the answer.  

[SALVO]
Members
4,474 posts
3,829 battles
3 minutes ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

Is it really though?

Do we need more 40% potatoes rushing to T10, buying ships they don't know how to play and infesting high tiers, only to further destroy the quality of matches and increase the number of steamrolls?

IMO yes we do need them. First, they are paying... that translates into more resources to the developer for (at least I hope so) for creating more/new content and paying the people that keeps the game working. Second, maybe by next year those 40% guys would have learn enough to be effective players. More players is better for everyone involved.

8 minutes ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

I'd rather the playerbase shrunk by 20% but increased in skill. 

That's incredibly myopic

9 minutes ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

More players is not the answer.  More education for players, more teaching of mechanics and fewer "point in click" potatoes is the answer.  

The answer doesn't need to be exclusive. More players AND more education for players.

• Cool 1

[5D2]
Members
228 posts
9,492 battles
9 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

IMO yes we do need them. First, they are paying... that translates into more resources to the developer for (at least I hope so) for creating more/new content and paying the people that keeps the game working. Second, maybe by next year those 40% guys would have learn enough to be effective players. More players is better for everyone involved.

That's incredibly myopic

The answer doesn't need to be exclusive. More players AND more education for players.

You know damn well these 40% ding dongs with 2500 games will never improve.  Those are WGs target audience and they just want more of them.

I'd rather not have more of them.

Sign in to follow this