You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GreysBeard

Hmmm.... how come, or why........?

11 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
3,912 battles

Just wondering why, after assigning a particular commander to a ship, and as he progresses in skill points, wanting to change a single ship board "skill" of said existing ship commander, we're charged as much as if we put a brand new commander on board?

ie Joe Blow commander gets assigned to a destroyer... takes the appropriate command school, etc. goes about his business, and earns a command point. You look at existing skills, and decide you want to change from one, (ie brass polishing), and would prefer him to update his skill in "Emptying Buckets"..  Currently it cost exactly the same as a brand new commander being installed in a ship. Seems to me, it's a bit of a ripoff....   You're not changing ALL his skills, just one.

Hope I phraised that so it's understandable, as to intent..    

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,137 posts
4,345 battles
4 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

WG economics :Smile_coin:

Pretty much. Captain retraining is one of the little ways they make money. If you could do one skill at a time, they wouldn't make near as much money. While it would be useful to be able to do one skill at a time, I do understand why that's not an option and am OK with it. They've got to make money somehow.

Members
3 posts
3,912 battles

Yeah, figured as much, been a while since I'd played to the point of not remembering my old name, (GreysBeard), nor my password to access it... doing the steam version......

new name and aggravations abound... LOL

[WOLF8]
Members
739 posts
9,631 battles

On the plus side, WG does do free Captain Re-specs every so often.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,712 posts
10,843 battles
38 minutes ago, GreysBeard said:

Just wondering why, after assigning a particular commander to a ship, and as he progresses in skill points, wanting to change a single ship board "skill" of said existing ship commander, we're charged as much as if we put a brand new commander on board?

As others have stated, this is one of the pitfalls of a free to play game (though, admittedly, paying games pull the same shenanigans these days).  The idea is to make it a bit of an uncomfortable grind -- not so much that you will feel discouraged from playing the game anymore but just enough that premium solutions baked into the game might loosen your purse strings.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,076 posts
19,204 battles
2 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

Most of the time you have to play a clan battle, so yeah, for clan players only, unless they modify the skill tree.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SOFOP]
Members
2,489 posts
15,394 battles
2 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

This was typically done around clan battles (one at the start, one at the end) and they have stated that this will no longer be offered.  Outside of that, its only near the end of the year around Thanksgiving and Christmas.....which is pretty sad.

[WOLF8]
Members
739 posts
9,631 battles
43 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

This was typically done around clan battles (one at the start, one at the end) and they have stated that this will no longer be offered.  Outside of that, its only near the end of the year around Thanksgiving and Christmas.....which is pretty sad.

They also have done them when major game updates had a big impact on gameplay.  I think they had free re-specs when they re-did CVs and IFHE.  Would not be surprised to see one eventually offered due to subs...

Edited by Slammer58

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,331 posts
14,924 battles
2 hours ago, Slammer58 said:

WG economics :Smile_coin:

It would be nice if we had that option at a much inflated cost per point compared to the full reset.