Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Got my Graf Spee

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,472
[CVA16]
Members
6,490 posts
20,119 battles

I reached my goal to at least get the Graf Spee out of the dockyard event. Outfitted it and have played one Coop game in it so to early to tell if it will click with me. I was thinking that if even I could get thru the grind to get it by this point in the event, will it become the premium ship that EVERYBODY has?  Are T6 battles destined to be flooded with them from now on?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,741
[WOLFG]
Members
12,719 posts
11,838 battles

I would expect usage to rise for a while after this event, but to drop off.

Many people have the Spee already, and you don't see them very often in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,598 posts
18,415 battles

At least until the new ship feeling wears off for you new owners. It's a great Ca for it's tier and is always fun to play but after a while players move on to continue those grinds we have going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[META_]
Members
1,832 posts
18,969 battles
3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I would expect usage to rise for a while after this event, but to drop off.

Many people have the Spee already, and you don't see them very often in game.

Doesn't mean she is bad., just misunderstood.. My video shows how I use her... She is a monster 

Screenshot_20200702-105700.png

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,586
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,924 posts
10,311 battles
5 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Many people have the Spee already, and you don't see them very often in game.

There is a reason for that. The ship is at best average

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,741
[WOLFG]
Members
12,719 posts
11,838 battles
Just now, Meta_Man said:

Doesn't mean she is bad., just misunderstood.. My video shows how I use her... She is a monster 

Screenshot_20200702-105700.png

After I got mine, I used it to grind up KM cruisers and BBs to T7.  Its a good ship.

After a while though, you get higher tier premiums that are better captain trainers and make more credits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,741
[WOLFG]
Members
12,719 posts
11,838 battles
4 minutes ago, vak_ said:

There is a reason for that. The ship is at best average

Yeah, I called it good.  It is good, until you can get something better would be more accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12,615 posts
14,320 battles
8 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

I reached my goal to at least get the Graf Spee out of the dockyard event. Outfitted it and have played one Coop game in it so to early to tell if it will click with me. I was thinking that if even I could get thru the grind to get it by this point in the event, will it become the premium ship that EVERYBODY has?  Are T6 battles destined to be flooded with them from now on?  

 

The biggest pieces of advice I can give anyone for Graf Spee is MOUNT AIMING MODIFICATION 1 ON GRAF SPEE!!!! All too often I have heard complaints about shells accuracy and seen shells scatter because they don’t have this mounted. Like maybe they tried going for secondary gun build or something. And this advice goes for Scharnhorst as well as those 11” German guns are highly inaccurate without the Aiming Mod, but then with it they get really accurate out to at least 16km.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,862
[ARGSY]
Members
24,534 posts
18,537 battles
3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I would expect usage to rise for a while after this event, but to drop off.

Many people have the Spee already, and you don't see them very often in game.

Agree. I think a lot of it will be from newer players who barely, BARELY struggle through to the end of phase 10 (Directive 4, one eligible dockyard task) by the end of the eight weeks, because they do not yet have either the broad range of ships nor the expertise to do anything more than that (for which I do not judge them; we all started somewhere), and are all "My Precioussssss!" over their first-ever premium ship win.

I remember that feeling. The ship was the T3 Commonwealth DD Vampire, and winning her meant a lot to me for various reasons. When I got her, her requirements were an uphill battle. Now, they would be "Okay, that's done; what's next?" But that doesn't take away from how I felt when my newbie blood, sweat and tears were rewarded. There are a lot of people who will feel the same way when the Graf Spee eventually drops into their port. That inner newbie in me is enormously pleased for every single one of them and you should all be too, even if we do get sick of seeing Spee in MM for a while!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,586
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,924 posts
10,311 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

with it they get really accurate out to at least 16km.

lol, no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,862
[ARGSY]
Members
24,534 posts
18,537 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

And this advice goes for Scharnhorst as well as those 11” German guns are highly inaccurate without the Aiming Mod, but then with it they get really accurate out to at least 16km.

Scharnhorst was my first ever German Secondary Meme Bote. You damn well bet I put the secondary gun module on her!

That being said - that was then, and this is now. I have both Bismarck and Gneisenau to do the secondary meme thing in, and if you think it makes that much of a difference I might just give it a shot. In PTS at first, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,586
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,924 posts
10,311 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Scharnhorst was my first ever German Secondary Meme Bote. You damn well bet I put the secondary gun module on her!

Yup. If you don't run a yolo secondary build on Scharnhorst, why even have this game! :cap_rambo:

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,862
[ARGSY]
Members
24,534 posts
18,537 battles
1 minute ago, vak_ said:

Yup. If you don't run a yolo secondary build on Scharnhorst, why even have this game! :cap_rambo:

I reckon if a Scharnhorst B dropped out of a free Black Friday crate (RNGesus is shaking His icosahedral head even as I type this), I would set that up for accuracy and keep the vanilla Scharn for secondaries. I have a tank-build German captain that I could put in it at any time, if that should happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12,615 posts
14,320 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Scharnhorst was my first ever German Secondary Meme Bote. You damn well bet I put the secondary gun module on her!

That being said - that was then, and this is now. I have both Bismarck and Gneisenau to do the secondary meme thing in, and if you think it makes that much of a difference I might just give it a shot. In PTS at first, of course.

Gneisenau’s main guns behave themselves well enough you can go 100% secondary gun range out to 8km on her, but Scharnhorst has to have the Aiming Mod which gives her 7km secondary gun range which is reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[META_]
Members
1,832 posts
18,969 battles
37 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

After I got mine, I used it to grind up KM cruisers and BBs to T7.  Its a good ship.

After a while though, you get higher tier premiums that are better captain trainers and make more credits.

I agree and disagree, I also like winrate I have prinz eugen 54%,tirp 53%,t61...65%,graf spee 59% , PEF55%, Graf Zeppelin 60% so plenty of premiums.....I have almost 2 billion credits. But when top tier or bottom tier the Graf Spee and the t-61 are still stronger than the rest of these in my eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
767
[NUWES]
Members
3,431 posts
12,835 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

I reached my goal to at least get the Graf Spee out of the dockyard event. Outfitted it and have played one Coop game in it so to early to tell if it will click with me. I was thinking that if even I could get thru the grind to get it by this point in the event, will it become the premium ship that EVERYBODY has?  Are T6 battles destined to be flooded with them from now on?  

 

Not likely. There'll be a resurgence, but a lot of people had it either from the original releases or the HSF event. It was a famous ship and very popular. It was one of the most asked-for ships prior to its original release.

It is a powerful ship if you play to its strengths but it is one of the least versatile cruisers out there and uptiers rather poorly. It is a very tough ship on smaller maps where its speed and gun accuracy isn't as much of a hindrance. That falls apart at T7 where almost all BBs can match or exceed its speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[META_]
Members
1,832 posts
18,969 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Yeah, I called it good.  It is good, until you can get something better would be more accurate.

Like what? The problem with these forums is that you have to sift through disinformation or straight up untruths... Graf spee /hsf  graf spee is second place in global stats on avg player base and 3rd on top 10% player base...... I know people give opinions but numbers are number.... Only higher winrate German ship would be the t-61 maybe Odin if elites are playing it.... It's just the facts.... You can watch my graf spee stats moving forward... She will be 60%-65% in my fleet..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
244
[BSL]
Members
1,232 posts
21,644 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

I reached my goal to at least get the Graf Spee out of the dockyard event. Outfitted it and have played one Coop game in it so to early to tell if it will click with me. I was thinking that if even I could get thru the grind to get it by this point in the event, will it become the premium ship that EVERYBODY has?  Are T6 battles destined to be flooded with them from now on?  

 

Be sure to pay attention to your torps.  Spee has very good torps and nice arcs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,741
[WOLFG]
Members
12,719 posts
11,838 battles
16 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

Like what? The problem with these forums is that you have to sift through disinformation or straight up untruths... Graf spee /hsf  graf spee is second place in global stats on avg player base and 3rd on top 10% player base...... I know people give opinions but numbers are number.... Only higher winrate German ship would be the t-61 maybe Odin if elites are playing it.... It's just the facts.... You can watch my graf spee stats moving forward... She will be 60%-65% in my fleet..... 

It has nothing to do with how good it is.  Higher tier premium ships make more money and reward better for captain training (with equal performance).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[META_]
Members
1,832 posts
18,969 battles
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

It has nothing to do with how good it is.  Higher tier premium ships make more money and reward better for captain training (with equal performance).

That's not what you and another guy actually posted.... You can scroll up to look..... Other guy said average at best... You replied I believe..... That's disinformation... She's strong at her tier and class.... Not just my opinion but on the stats page. I think it's hard on newer for them to know the difference between opinion and fact base evaluation.... I just want the newer players to know the difference 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,133
[4HIM]
Members
3,295 posts
15,718 battles

As Bear said, it has good torps with decent range for a KMS cruiser.  And even though it uses the same shell size as Scharn guns, they're not the same guns.  IIRC, Scharn has longer barrels.  

But some people think it has BB caliber guns, so you should play it like a BB.  Some think just play it like a typical cruiser.  Neither are completely true.  It does need a bit of a unique play style.  With the right tiering and the right map, it's a VERY strong ship.  Bottom tier with a bad spawn, it's going to be a short trip back to port.  

But overall it's a good ship.  Played within its strengths, it's very good at times.  And it's always handy to use to boost captains by playing it in Ops (other than Defeat at Naval Station Newport).  

Edited by ZARDOZ_II

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,741
[WOLFG]
Members
12,719 posts
11,838 battles
32 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

That's not what you and another guy actually posted.... You can scroll up to look..... Other guy said average at best... You replied I believe..... That's disinformation... She's strong at her tier and class.... Not just my opinion but on the stats page. I think it's hard on newer for them to know the difference between opinion and fact base evaluation.... I just want the newer players to know the difference 

Perhaps I should have been more clear.  Since I am a coop main, if I describe anything performance based, I will reference coop.  I look at all my premiums based being trainers/moneymakers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[META_]
Members
1,832 posts
18,969 battles
9 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Perhaps I should have been more clear.  Since I am a coop main, if I describe anything performance based, I will reference coop.  I look at all my premiums based being trainers/moneymakers.

I hear ya, happy hunting.. I don't play coop enough... You ever want to switch over to pvp please look up my clan.. I have videos and am always looking to division and all of us get better.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
192
[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
616 posts
3,910 battles

Spee is like Chess: easy to learn, difficult to master. It requires a good deal of pre-planning which will leave some captains cold. She is a strange ship, but an extremely fun one once you figure out her quirks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
4 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

Doesn't mean she is bad., just misunderstood.. My video shows how I use her... She is a monster 

Screenshot_20200702-105700.png

What app is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×