You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jarod997

Queue multiple boats

5 comments in this topic

[CS7]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
369 posts
4,800 battles

So instead of "readying up" one boat, have a "Battle Queue" you can add multiple boats to, then hit the "Battle" button to launch those boats into the MM. This has the benefit that the MM can pick from more boats at a time and fill games quicker, and players spend less time waiting for a battle. Also, after a battle, the "Battle On" button would take the existing queue minus the just-played boat back into the MM. At any time the player can drop back to port to re-fill the Battle Queue.

• Cool 1

[CS7]
369 posts
4,800 battles
3 minutes ago, FullMetal_Inferno said:

I feel like the boys at WG might find it a bit too complex to program.

You could always use something like this in the interim if you are just looking for a random ship to queue with:

https://miniwebtool.com/random-picker/

Ya, I've seen the "random boat picker" in the mods - I don't necessarily need to pick a random boat, I may just have 5 I want to work on today and plan on playing all 5, but I have to load them one at a time is all.

I don't see it as a more difficult problem, just a slightly different problem. :)

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,196 battles

I feel that it'd make queue look more full than they actually are. Minor issue, sure, but if I went into a queue where 5 people looked like 20, I might be a tad irked that I can't know what role to switch to so as to start the match sooner.

[CS7]
369 posts
4,800 battles
11 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

I feel that it'd make queue look more full than they actually are. Minor issue, sure, but if I went into a queue where 5 people looked like 20, I might be a tad irked that I can't know what role to switch to so as to start the match sooner.

That would be offset by giving the MM more ships to pick from. The MM could report the number of players in queue as opposed to (or even in conjunction with) the total number of ships in queue.

Sure, there will be some bugs to work out overall, but I like the idea.