You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Afsan

Confessions of a New-Bro

4 comments in this topic

[BB35]
Members
1 post
4,301 battles

Hi all, 

I've only been playing for about two months, but wanted to get some impressions/suggestions down. For context: I've got about 600 games in Randoms and about the same in Co-op. I made it to about half a dozen T7 ships and a couple of dozen or so T5/6 in other lines (received the advice to play across rather than down tiers, and it was great). I did get one T8 (Tallinn) from the Russian Cruiser event.  this is just a few thoughts, probably from a segment of the community that doesn't get heard often. These are just thoughts and opinions from some one at this stage of the game. 

Great things:

Events/directives -These are what kept me playing. I received enough free time to get a feel for the game, and the option to fork out for Premium came part way though the Soviet Cruiser event. I happily gave up my cash. 

Monthly/Daily missions - yes this keeps me loging in. Very much like the rework

Community engagement - keep it up. I started playing because of the Twitch/Amazon perks, and watch CC's on Twitch daily. This keeps the game interesting and reduces the learning curve. 

'Small' tweaks:

Matchmaking - yes I know this is a 'Big Issue'. I understand that there's a 'merit' based argument, but that's not what I would like to see. The whole +-2 tiers is a deterrent to players like me. I found it was either a cake walk, if I was +2 and yet felt useless if it was -2, particularly as a T7 in a T9 match. A change to a +-1 tier could have a positive impact on the enjoyment of the game. 

Campaigns and Operations - I can say I really enjoyed the operations. I managed to get 5 stars in 4 out of the 5 current operations so far. Unfortunately, as fun as they are, I don't see a reason to keep doing them beyond getting the 5 stars. Perhaps a permanent campaign could be a motivation to keep doing them.

Larger implementations. 

These are a few larger things that could significantly change the game, hopefully without being game breaking. 

Old events for doubloons - I really enjoy the events. They give focus to the game and a reason to play beyond progressing down the tech tree. I'm not overly thrilled with the forced doubloon cost for the Odin (it seems like an average ship at best). What i would like to see is access to old events, eg. the Vampire event from Dec. 2017, for sale. It's not about just 'buying' the ship (for cash or doubloons), but about being given the choice to work for it. I understand that this would have to be limited, as some ships have been 'removed' from the game, but it would provide some direction for those that missed out. 

New operations - again this is a wish-list item, but hey while we're at it. Some new Operations along with a reason to undertake them would be nice. I understand that they would take quite a bit of programming, but i personally would like to see more. 

The question remains, will I pony up for more premium? To be honest, it depends on the events. I got the Graf Spee from the current event, and have no interest in the Odin. I'm kinda excited to see how the new German CV's are handled and the event to go along with it. Beyond that, we'll see. 

Cheers.

Afsan.  

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
13,209 posts
20,079 battles
9 minutes ago, Afsan said:

Matchmaking - yes I know this is a 'Big Issue'. I understand that there's a 'merit' based argument, but that's not what I would like to see. The whole +-2 tiers is a deterrent to players like me. I found it was either a cake walk, if I was +2 and yet felt useless if it was -2, particularly as a T7 in a T9 match. A change to a +-1 tier could have a positive impact on the enjoyment of the game. 

Welcome to the forums...

Concerning MM, usually, MM is the scapegoat and not the main issue... IMO the problem at hand is the community's obsession with Over powered/over capable WG products..

This causes MM to appear to be the issue, but its actually the ship and the policies in place  *EX IFHE made 160MM guns and below worthless against +2MM ships*.

I strongly recommend to find a play style you like to play...

• Torp spammer
  • Fire breather ships
  • CVs
  • AP spammer.

And buy ships according to your likes.

GL and enjoy.

Edited by Navalpride33

[META_]
Members
1,826 posts
18,919 battles
53 minutes ago, Afsan said:

Hi all, 

I've only been playing for about two months, but wanted to get some impressions/suggestions down. For context: I've got about 600 games in Randoms and about the same in Co-op. I made it to about half a dozen T7 ships and a couple of dozen or so T5/6 in other lines (received the advice to play across rather than down tiers, and it was great). I did get one T8 (Tallinn) from the Russian Cruiser event.  this is just a few thoughts, probably from a segment of the community that doesn't get heard often. These are just thoughts and opinions from some one at this stage of the game. 

Great things:

Events/directives -These are what kept me playing. I received enough free time to get a feel for the game, and the option to fork out for Premium came part way though the Soviet Cruiser event. I happily gave up my cash. 

Monthly/Daily missions - yes this keeps me loging in. Very much like the rework

Community engagement - keep it up. I started playing because of the Twitch/Amazon perks, and watch CC's on Twitch daily. This keeps the game interesting and reduces the learning curve. 

'Small' tweaks:

Campaigns and Operations - I can say I really enjoyed the operations. I managed to get 5 stars in 4 out of the 5 current operations so far. Unfortunately, as fun as they are, I don't see a reason to keep doing them beyond getting the 5 stars. Perhaps a permanent campaign could be a motivation to keep doing them.

Larger implementations. 

These are a few larger things that could significantly change the game, hopefully without being game breaking. 

Old events for doubloons - I really enjoy the events. They give focus to the game and a reason to play beyond progressing down the tech tree. I'm not overly thrilled with the forced doubloon cost for the Odin (it seems like an average ship at best). What i would like to see is access to old events, eg. the Vampire event from Dec. 2017, for sale. It's not about just 'buying' the ship (for cash or doubloons), but about being given the choice to work for it. I understand that this would have to be limited, as some ships have been 'removed' from the game, but it would provide some direction for those that missed out. 

New operations - again this is a wish-list item, but hey while we're at it. Some new Operations along with a reason to undertake them would be nice. I understand that they would take quite a bit of programming, but i personally would like to see more. 

The question remains, will I pony up for more premium? To be honest, it depends on the events. I got the Graf Spee from the current event, and have no interest in the Odin. I'm kinda excited to see how the new German CV's are handled and the event to go along with it. Beyond that, we'll see. 

Cheers.

Afsan.  

I put up a good graf spee video in the German cruisers section.... She's a monster when played well

[KAPPA]
Members
3,119 posts
9,223 battles

Honestly, +/-2 really isn't that bad so long as you treat them differently. You don't play a bottom and top tier ship the same, after all.

Top tier, you are the big dog. You need to win the match. You are the protagonist of the match if you are up to it.

Bottom tier, you are the supporting cast. Stay safe, live to the end, support your team, and you will do well. Do this, and you may just carry the match despite what you are.