Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
VictoryInThePacific

Is it impossible to play on Steam with an existing account?

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
119 posts
1,473 battles

Sure looks like it, since the first thing it does is ask for a brand new account only, and if you try to sign in with an existing account it says "sorry, you can't use that name, it already exists."  But if so, that seems like a huge oversight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,576
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,528 posts

Sad this just isn't a thing yet... they'd probably get even more usable data on their clients if they allowed for it. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,540
[HINON]
Members
13,277 posts
3 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Sad this just isn't a thing yet... they'd probably get even more usable data on their clients if they allowed for it. 

But lose rougly a third of all revenue to valve. That's a huge cut.

Edited by RipNuN2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,576
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,528 posts
26 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

But lose rougly a third of all revenue to valve. That's a huge cut.

True... I suppose they feel the problem doesn't really exist. It's a pain for some players but it doesn't affect them... until that is, a Steam promo comes along that is not available to non-Steam WoWS players.

Then it's a problem for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,540
[HINON]
Members
13,277 posts
11 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

True... I suppose they feel the problem doesn't really exist. It's a pain for some players but it doesn't affect them... until that is, a Steam promo comes along that is not available to non-Steam WoWS players.

Then it's a problem for them. 

 

They've already had sales exclusive to steam and it's not been a big issue. In reality they likely rightly have analyzed that allowing existing accounts to officially use steam will lose more money than allowing them to do so. This is a rational business decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,576
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,528 posts
7 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

 

They've already had sales exclusive to steam and it's not been a big issue. In reality they likely rightly have analyzed that allowing existing accounts to officially use steam will lose more money than allowing them to do so. This is a rational business decision.

But were those sales on very desirable ships? I don't recall seeing anything come across my Steam connection but here's what a search gave me :

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/9276/World_of_Warships__3_Ships_Pack/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/845000/World_of_Warships__Texas_Pack/

The current summer sales event on Steam features the two 40K ships. Both are available for the same price as in WoWS premium store. 


Now I'm a bit confused by this one https://store.steampowered.com/app/618620/Naval_Armada/

It looks like a pixel-level ripoff of WoWS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,540
[HINON]
Members
13,277 posts
34 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

 

They were heavy discounts of like 50 percent. I dont remember which ships though as it was a long while ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,576
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,528 posts
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

They were heavy discounts of like 50 percent. I dont remember which ships though as it was a long while ago.

Ah... well I was absent for a good number of months. 

Long ago, I got a 50% discount on a gaming website for the Tirpitz. Best purchase I ever made. 

Well thanks for keeping me even-keeled on the subject. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,540
[HINON]
Members
13,277 posts
2 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

 

Yep I remember that deal which many snatched up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×