-Hapa

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 4

Members
32 posts
9 battles

My only question and concern is, can we brawl in them and how good are their secondaries ?

Another t8 german BB ?

No picture for the  Brandenburg ?

Edited by Gaumut
  • Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
10,314 posts
18,238 battles

Good looking ships for those of us that like the hourglass figure of skinny bow, with a kid on the way (bulging torpedo protection bulge), and a fat fantail...

On top of that.  They're very slow...

Someone will like them...

I am more worried about power creep.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[EGO]
Members
27 posts
6,826 battles
1 minute ago, Gaumut said:

My only question and concern is, can we brawl in them and how good are their secondaries ?

Not the best, probably not worth building with 6km Stock on the T10. Also a 40s reload on the T10, so brawling outside of 1 pass is probably out.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,161 posts
9,447 battles

They reload almost as long as a 180 turret traverse.....

• Haha 1

[O_O]
Members
6,379 posts
15,065 battles

Florida looks French.

[SOUP]
Modder, Supertester
8,765 posts
3 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Florida looks French.

I feel insulted by this.

• Funny 3
  • Haha 4

[WAG]
Beta Testers
775 posts
7,089 battles

im going to wait and see how good their armor and maneuverability is before passing judgment on weather i think this is a good idea or not. 40 second reload is really long, but if they have an extraordinarily good armor scheme to make up for their speed and are as maneuverable as the other standards that might make up for it.

[WHEE]
Members
89 posts
2,339 battles

I mean, these look cool and all, and somewhat unique. But all paper. 

I just really expected at least one refitted American standard. One historical war hero. Kinda sucks that California is now the only one for the foreseeable future, and she’s disappointing a lot of people. 

Edited by celticboy27
Text.
  • Cool 6

[KWF]
Members
4,332 posts
6,405 battles

Judging from the pictures I think all that clutter will give them uncomfortable firing angles meaning they might have to show quite a bit of broadside. And to a ship that sacrifices 10seconds reload time just to get one extra turret over Iowa, then this line will probably live and die by it's armor.

• Cool 1

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,121 posts
4,845 battles

Was hoping for a little more in the secondary department, and always thought DFAA would be a great trait. But I'll reserve my judgement for the Italian BBs:Smile-_tongue: (please. soon.)

[WOLF8]
Members
7,295 posts
6,139 battles

Are these new American BB's some kind of an extension of the USN standards?

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that way to me. I mean, with the exception of Florida, they're all capped at 23 knots for top speed, and their big heavy salvos with slow reloads & slow turret traverses surely reminds me of how the USN standards are in this game. I would wager that they aren't really meant for brawling, but more like a slow moving fort that rains big slow barrages from some distance.

[TARK]
Members
6,209 posts
2,427 battles

Weak armor?

No historical ships?

No thank you.

Nothing here for me to get excited about, personally.

Im more interested in the German carriers than this line split.

• Cool 7
  • Confused 1

Members
558 posts
5,048 battles

These don’t make sense to me.

Slow (23kt), shotgun (1.7 sigma)... snipers? With light armor?

Also have to say it’s extremely tone deaf of WG to pimp a premium BB with DFAA when they admitted like 2 days ago in the devblog that DFAA is ineffective. Nerfing AA into the ground then slowly drip feeding “good” AA ships is not palatable. 

Edited by exray0
  • Cool 1

[CTU]
Members
123 posts
16,370 battles

give us Mass secondaries  on the tech tree ships guys, please.

Members
558 posts
5,048 battles
2 minutes ago, JackBauerArg said:

give us Mass secondaries  on the tech tree ships guys, please.

With 23kt speed you’ll never get close enough to anything to use them. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,499 posts
9,147 battles
15 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Are these new American BB's some kind of an extension of the USN standards?

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that way to me. I mean, with the exception of Florida, they're all capped at 23 knots for top speed, and their big heavy salvos with slow reloads & slow turret traverses surely reminds me of how the USN standards are in this game. I would wager that they aren't really meant for brawling, but more like a slow moving fort that rains big slow barrages from some distance.

Yeah, these ships are upgunned American standards. I’m really confused as to why WG chose to go this route with a much-anticipated USN BB split. What really concerns me is the description of the line as “relatively light armor” in addition to their low speed. Depending on what exactly this means, these ships sound like they would be incredibly easy to farm.

I am intrigued by Florida, though. She appears to be based on the prelimary NC design with 12 14”  guns. She only has 25mm plating like Chanpagne and Slava, but being a tier VII that’s only 1mm less extremity armor than her peers. She’ll be vulnerable to HE spam (152mm HE in particular), but 25mm and 26mm are both overmatched by 15” but not 14” guns, so her protection against enemy BBs might be comparable.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[LOIN]
Supertester
808 posts
5 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Yeah, these ships are upgunned American standards. I’m really confused as to why WG chose to go this route with a much-anticipated USN BB split. What really concerns me is the description of the line as “relatively light armor” in addition to their low speed. Depending on what exactly this means, these ships sound like they would be incredibly easy to farm.

I am intrigued by Florida, though. She appears to be based on the prelimary NC design with 12 14”  guns. She only has 25mm plating like Chanpagne and Slavs, but being a tier VII that’s only 1mm less extremity armor than her peers. She’ll be vulnerable to HE spam (152mm HE in particular), but 25mm and 26mm are both overmatched by 15” but not 14” guns, so her protection against enemy BBs might be comparable.

I'm also reletivley concerned about the sub-branch to. Maybe they meant heavy armor, because light armor with very low speed, doesnt seem to make alot of sense. Plus it has a high hit point pool also, so that doesnt seem add up right with the "light armor" idea. 

Edited by Starfleet1701

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,279 posts
19,154 battles

So I have to ask, what happened to that bit about us not getting WV'44 because nobody wanted a battleship that slow at high tier?

• Haha 7

[TACOS]
Supertester
10 posts
3,313 battles

I do think it is going to be hard for these ships to fulfill their fantasy. With light armor, long range, slow, long reload times, and relatively poor detectability, but good AP damage they aren't really brawlers and are primarily AP snipers. However, then they also poor sigma and really slow AP shells which actively hurts their sniping ability. The massive HP pool is nice although I'm not so sure how well they'll use it if they are sitting in the back sniping and they're too slow & squishy to actually use that HP effectively. 

• Cool 1

[LOIN]
Supertester
808 posts
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

So I have to ask, what happened to that bit about us not getting WV'44 because nobody wanted a battleship that slow at high tier?

Not to mention the light armor and shotgun like accuracy. That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. You cant have ship with shotgun like accuracy and light armor, its not going to surrvive or do anything useful it would just be a liability than an asset. They probably worded this wrong. Because all of those things added together make these things very hard to use and no point in going down.

[SPTR]
Members
27,124 posts
16,168 battles

Florida is one of the many early design concepts for the NC: 

North_Carolina_class_scheme_XVI.jpg

Quad guns and secondary arrangment just screams it.

• Cool 1