You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bacl

Graf spee Doubloon value

29 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
238 posts
5,906 battles

So i just unlocked the Graf Spee in the dockyard and i was counting on this in order to get the doubloons and push all the way to the Odin.

It is common rule in this game to get a doubloon value for premium ships you already owned, now i would like to know why in this instance they changed this.

Was there an article specifying this and i missed it?

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
29,104 posts
8,332 battles
1 minute ago, Bacl said:

So i just unlocked the Graf Spee in the dockyard and i was counting on this in order to get the doubloons and push all the way to the Odin.

It is common rule in this game to get a doubloon value for premium ships you already owned, now i would like to know why in this instance they changed this.

It's the way they've done things for awhile.

If you pay dubs/cash for something you already have, you get dubs. Otherwise, it's credits.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts

The news articles and previews for the Dockyard 2.0 event made it very clear that compensation for those who already owned the Graf Spee would be in credits. 

Whether you had Graf Spee already or not, completing stage 10 of the Odin build also gets you:

• 10 pt German captain, specialized in Graf Spee
  • Permacamo
  • 1 port slot 

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,552 posts
13,910 battles
5 minutes ago, Bacl said:

Aloha,

There is no standard for us to give doubloons for premium ships you already own, circumstances of how you get the ship, whether it is an actual premium or special ship etc etc play into whether or not this is the case.

As for the Dockyard, we mentioned this since the day of announcement that the compensation was credits for Graf Spee.

It was stated in this article from the beginning of June as well:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/hamburg-dockyard/

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Members
3,759 posts
23,357 battles

You definitely missed/ignored the info given for this event. It was very clear that you would get credits if you owned the ship as well as the camo, port slot and 10 pt captain.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles
41 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

There is no standard for us to give doubloons for premium ships you already own, circumstances of how you get the ship, whether it is an actual premium or special ship etc etc play into whether or not this is the case.

As for the Dockyard, we mentioned this since the day of announcement that the compensation was credits for Graf Spee.

It was stated in this article from the beginning of June as well:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/hamburg-dockyard/

Mahalo,

-Hapa

I would have preferred the doubloons but it was well communicated before the event that the compensation was going to be credits which I will only need if I ever get back to leveling my incomplete lines.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,464 posts
6,520 battles

Pretty much for about the last year it has been like this if you are awarded a premium ship you already have through an in game promotion.  In fact they have started doing this also with ships won in twitch or Youtube streamers drawings as well.   Won 2 ships(there's some RNG for you) in SeaRaptors 4K follower stream last night.. one I already owned,  Scharnhorst, and one I didn't, a Roma. #rigged    I asked him to redraw for the Scharnhorst as it would have only netted me credits and I would have rather someone had the ship that needed it, than me piling up credits i can earn easily.         

• Cool 1

[WOLFA]
Members
806 posts
6,765 battles

What would have been nice is if you already had Spee you could skip it and go right to the Odin grind but you know WG reasons :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,177 posts
9,512 battles
1 hour ago, Bacl said:

This part is one reason why WG doesn't offer doubloons compensation during events like this

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,173 posts
7,226 battles

Had I paid $$ for the Spee I would be upset that Im not getting dub's, however I did the first event it was available in and got it for 'time served' ;) so Im cool with getting creds.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts

This  MIGHT be the SECOND time I'm getting credits for Graf Spee, I think I've been around long enough to see it as an event ship three times now, if my memory serves. 

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I would have preferred the doubloons but it was well communicated before the event that the compensation was going to be credits which I will only need if I ever get back to leveling my incomplete lines.

it is not bad at all. We always need ingame money..

for example, i need money for 2 t10 ships, so it is never too much. At least we get something.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles
5 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

it is not bad at all. We always need ingame money..

for example, i need money for 2 t10 ships, so it is never too much. At least we get something.

I am well over 300 million credits so it was less needed for me but I knew going it that it was credit compensation.

Members
2 posts
952 battles

[Deleted, like this game; enjoy your $99.99 digital boats Stockholm Syndrome kids]

Edited by Thraksymachus
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 3
  • Meh 1

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,189 posts
4 minutes ago, Thraksymachus said:

I want to pitch in here to say--and I know nobody cares, go [edited] yourself, and so on, but this isn't for you, it's for the WoW product manager team--that this promotion is the reason I'm quitting this game.  I know this game has already long been part the vanguard of "free" to "play" video games careening straight down a road to monetization oblivion, with forty layers of obfuscated Objectives, Campaigns, Missions, overlapping currencies, unlock XP tokens with XP bars that grind to unlock bonus tokens for premium currency discounts, and on on, the layers folded together to create an impenetrable [edited]mess, indecipherable to new players, incomprehensible to veterans.

I've studied game players on a statistical basis before (in fact, I spent years doing it, and got paid a pretty penny to do so), so I already know that by design a handful of nutters play 6+ hours per day and spend $10,000 - $50,000 on this game, and these systems are all designed around them.  But they've finally gone too far.  This promotion is bald-faced, malicious design, with a monetization plan so aggressive the Dockyard Splash Screen should simply read [edited] You!.  Objectives that are impossible without making the game your 8-hour job, with average completion times for average players requiring hundreds of rounds, with little to no overlap with other objectives  Objectives that are beyond comical, except if you already own a $35 or a $95 ship premium, in which case, it's one round's worth of work (of course).  50 billion Incaps using only European Destroyers.  40,000 main battery hits, except if you use a Chinese Fuckboat (in which case 3 will do the trick).

If your product team had competent [edited]people on it, you might have designed a series of objectives that are fun, dovetail with actual ship playstyles, complete quicker and overlap with others, instead of 60,000 Torpedo Hits Resulting In Flooding But Only With Russian Destroyers, and so on.

So, in conclusion, [edited] this game, and [edited] their Product Managers in particular.  You [edited] up.

Wow just WOW, maybe you should switch to decaf .

• Cool 2

[-KIA-]
Members
2,293 posts
14,205 battles
25 minutes ago, Thraksymachus said:

I want to pitch in here to say--and I know nobody cares, go [edited] yourself, and so on, but this isn't for you, it's for the WoW product manager team--that this promotion is the reason I'm quitting this game.  I know this game has already long been part the vanguard of "free" to "play" video games careening straight down a road to monetization oblivion, with forty layers of obfuscated Objectives, Campaigns, Missions, overlapping currencies, unlock XP tokens with XP bars that grind to unlock bonus tokens for premium currency discounts, and on on, the layers folded together to create an impenetrable [edited]mess, indecipherable to new players, incomprehensible to veterans.

I've studied game players on a statistical basis before (in fact, I spent years doing it, and got paid a pretty penny to do so), so I already know that by design a handful of nutters play 6+ hours per day and spend $10,000 - $50,000 on this game, and these systems are all designed around them.  But they've finally gone too far.  This promotion is bald-faced, malicious design, with a monetization plan so aggressive the Dockyard Splash Screen should simply read [edited] You!.  Objectives that are impossible without making the game your 8-hour job, with average completion times for average players requiring hundreds of rounds, with little to no overlap with other objectives  Objectives that are beyond comical, except if you already own a $35 or a $95 ship premium, in which case, it's one round's worth of work (of course).  50 billion Incaps using only European Destroyers.  40,000 main battery hits, except if you use a Chinese Fuckboat (in which case 3 will do the trick).

If your product team had competent [edited]people on it, you might have designed a series of objectives that are fun, dovetail with actual ship playstyles, complete quicker and overlap with others, instead of 60,000 Torpedo Hits Resulting In Flooding But Only With Russian Destroyers, and so on.

So, in conclusion, [edited] this game, and [edited] their Product Managers in particular.  You [edited] up.

Wow, everything you just said was wrong.  The directives aren't very hard and I've done almost all of them without paying any attention at all or using special ships.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,633 posts
8,624 battles
21 minutes ago, bosco1111 said:

Wow just WOW, maybe you should switch to decaf .

Maybe an herbal tea.

• Funny 2

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

I am well over 300 million credits so it was less needed for me but I knew going it that it was credit compensation.

I am in need of every cent. Tomorrow i reach the money to buy my second T10, but i need to gather money for another one, as tomorrow (lack 1 match) i will research the third one.

And i need mony for ups on whichita, bayard, massa, champagne...

Members
2 posts
952 battles

[Deleted, like this game; enjoy your $99.99 digital boats Stockholm Syndrome kids]

Edited by Thraksymachus

[-KIA-]
Members
2,293 posts
14,205 battles
14 minutes ago, Thraksymachus said:

I'm calling 100% [edited].  Again, if you have all the specific "optional" Premium ships, and can hit the deliberately, insultingly fractional Premium Ship objectives, then those objectives will stack with XP/Credits/Spotting.

But if you're approaching this promotion with only level 5-7 ships across the board, and don't have Premium ships, no, what you said is incorrect.  I already said this promotion is designed around whales, and that's fine; I get that anyone bothering to post here is almost guaranteed to be a whale with $1,000+ in the game (including a preponderance who lie about it to themselves and others, so spare me the santimonious "I Have Every Ship In The Game Including Premium Ships But I've Never Spent A Dime Honest! drivel), and understand that this whole game is designed aggressively around whales, but that doesn't change the fact that this [edited] promo actually makes average players feel like they're playing the game wrong, and that it functionally communicates to players that the way YOU enjoyed playing, that's wrong, because it's not going to fill the XP unlock token Campaign Currency Premium Mission bars.  Absolute trash design.

Anyway, I've already uninstalled, having seen that in four years they added nothing of note to the game and are devolving into monetization schemes of desperation to squeeze the last dollars out of the last players.  Have fun circle-jerking which Tier X light cruiser out-DPSes the others in optimal circumstances while losing more money in repair credits than you earned per match, all the while the stupid ships are whizzing through the water six times faster than they actually went.

Well, see ya.  This game seems to be causing you undue stress.  The directives this time around are very tame.  Your criticisms would all be entirely valid for the PR event last New Years, but not this one.  I've not exactly been trying hard to complete them.  II've been primarily sailing just Kiev (in ranked specifically) and Amalfi of late due to grinding them-so my finishing directives hasn't exactly been gaming the system with premiums, even though I have most of them (primarily from contests-I've only really spent about $150-200 on the game, and that after I got most of the premiums, ironically enough).  And if you're losing money consistently at T10-I'm not-you're not performing well enough in those ships.

Edited by thegamefilmguruman

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles
4 minutes ago, Thraksymachus said:

I'm calling 100% [edited].  Again, if you have all the specific "optional" Premium ships, and can hit the deliberately, insultingly fractional Premium Ship objectives, then those objectives will stack with XP/Credits/Spotting.

But if you're approaching this promotion with only level 5-7 ships across the board, and don't have Premium ships, no, what you said is incorrect.  I already said this promotion is designed around whales, and that's fine; I get that anyone bothering to post here is almost guaranteed to be a whale with $1,000+ in the game (including a preponderance who lie about it to themselves and others, so spare me the santimonious "I Have Every Ship In The Game Including Premium Ships But I've Never Spent A Dime Honest! drivel), and understand that this whole game is designed aggressively around whales, but that doesn't change the fact that this [edited] promo actually makes average players feel like they're playing the game wrong, and that it functionally communicates to players that the way YOU enjoyed playing, that's wrong, because it's not going to fill the XP unlock token Campaign Currency Premium Mission bars.  Absolute trash design.

Anyway, I've already uninstalled, having seen that in four years they added nothing of note to the game and are devolving into monetization schemes of desperation to squeeze the last dollars out of the last players.  Have fun circle-jerking which Tier X light cruiser out-DPSes the others in optimal circumstances while losing more money in repair credits than you earned per match, all the while the stupid ships are whizzing through the water six times faster than they actually went.

If you have several tier five plus ships the objectives are doable but for people like you with fewer matches and fewer ships just focus on getting the Graf and if you do get the Odin that is icing on the cake. That will help you with earning credits and if you play German cruisers and even BB's she will help with training captains.

[LUCK]
Members
1,951 posts
5 hours ago, Bacl said:

The only ship, to my recollection, that WG swung and missed on was Indianapolis. I believe all the rest were either available through missions (and sometimes simultaneously for sale) so credits seem wholly appropriate compensation.

As I recall, Indy is the only ship to be offered exclusively for sale initially then subsequently given away through an event or grind. Still miffed over that one.

[--K--]
Supertester
1,227 posts
11,206 battles
3 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

This  MIGHT be the SECOND time I'm getting credits for Graf Spee, I think I've been around long enough to see it as an event ship three times now, if my memory serves. 

Same. A T6 premium crate would have been nice instead.

2 hours ago, Thraksymachus said:

I've studied game players on a statistical basis before (in fact, I spent years doing it, and got paid a pretty penny to do so), so I already know that by design a handful of nutters play 6+ hours per day and spend $10,000 - $50,000 on this game, and these systems are all designed around them.  But they've finally gone too far.  This promotion is bald-faced, malicious design, with a monetization plan so aggressive the Dockyard Splash Screen should simply read [edited] You!.  Objectives that are impossible without making the game your 8-hour job, with average completion times for average players requiring hundreds of rounds, with little to no overlap with other objectives  Objectives that are beyond comical, except if you already own a $35 or a $95 ship premium, in which case, it's one round's worth of work (of course).  50 billion Incaps using only European Destroyers.  40,000 main battery hits, except if you use a Chinese boat (in which case 3 will do the trick).

I’ve done every directive in two days with only a slight deviation of normal play. Nearly all the free ship missions since they have started have required a slightly diverse fleet. Most of the missions can be easily brute forced in coop.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts

These Directives are not hard. 

Honestly, the current Polish captain campaign is more of a pain, because of the high tier restrictions. 

[BUOY]
Members
1,024 posts
14,546 battles
2 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

The only ship, to my recollection, that WG swung and missed on was Indianapolis. I believe all the rest were either available through missions (and sometimes simultaneously for sale) so credits seem wholly appropriate compensation.

As I recall, Indy is the only ship to be offered exclusively for sale initially then subsequently given away through an event or grind. Still miffed over that one.

Gorizia, for all that the directives unlocked sooner than most, was the fourth hardest absolute 'free premium' ship grind after the PR and CotE Kamikaze-R craziness and the 'can only miss 1 days worth of mission chains + too bad too sad if you don't like Savage Battles' Benham.

I remember the Indianapolis grind only being hard because it was annoyingly specific for forcing you to play US cruisers in randoms in addition to the missions only being available for 3/4 days each, but the missions themselves were nothing too onerous and you 'only' needed 70% of them.

Edit: Aside from PR / Kami-R the hardest 'relative to its tier' grind was imo, the Dreadnought needing 25/30 days worth of mission chains.

Edited by lloyd1701