You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OttoVonPrien

WH Chaos vs Empire Bundles not equal value

10 comments in this topic

[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,700 battles

Still a few days to grab one of the War Hammer bundles, which one? perhaps this might help you

the  largest bundles give you 100 of that sides camo, 

here is the deal

Chaos camo 100% XP  / 200% FREE XP 

100 XP=100 SHIP XP +100 Cmdr xp + 5 free xp  = 205 indv xp

200% more free xp sounds like a lot but it is only 10 (5x2) xp so the total pay out of individual xp is 215 more xp per 100 battle xp

Empire camo 100%xp 100% cmdr xp

100battle xp is 100ship xp + 100 cmdr xp + 5 free xp -205 indv xp +

100 cmdr xp is 100 cmdr xp  for a total of 305 indv xp

the total pay out is 305 more per 100 battle xp earned vs only 215 for the Chaos (fitting) or a 90xp dif 

which is about 9cents dif per camo using WGs basic in game and shop pricing system   or a$9 loss (100 camo) or  over charge for the Chaos bundle buyer  

so unless there is something about the Chaos Ship you want, the Empire bundle is the only choice

I assume they were supposed to have equal performance and the person doing he camo values doesn't understand how camo works (not the first time)

PS basic camo value is about 10 cents per 100 indv xp

thus camo that gives 100% battle xp =20 cents,  when i buy camo i stock up at 8 cents per 100 indv xp and say no when over 10cents per 100 indv xp

(unless it is just a very small amount of new type camo for my collection.)

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,495 posts
3,829 battles
4 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

so unless there is something about the Chaos Ship you want, the Empire bundle is the only choice

As it should be by the grace of the God-Emperor, anything else is Heresy. In fact your consorting with Chaos has been noted, you have been reported to the Inquisition.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,700 battles

LOL

sorry for posting this observation so late, saw the difference in value when they first posted 

every active player should learn to do the basic math on values of stuff, like gold, silver, coal, xp flags and signals, 

helps separate the bargains from the rip offs and keep WG honest (or more diligent )

PS to WG when you do offer a nice  bargain I do spend money, but I do the basic math first

PS to everyone the unlimited 3x xp (+200%) during the event for buyers of the bundles is a very nice feature and reduces the effective cost for those who will play the ship every day.  Just save $9 more and go empire

[SIM]
Members
4,943 posts
8,026 battles

Also, purchasing the Chaos bundle surrenders your soul to the Ruinous Powers, so it’s an even less favorable transaction than OP’s research shows. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PN]
WoWS Community Contributors
129 posts
5,999 battles

I buy For Khorne!!! 

Also, the main reason to get the chaos ship is for the Chaos captain who's Voice Lines are superb! 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,924 posts
26,934 battles
5 minutes ago, IN_GENERAL said:

I buy For Khorne!!! 

Also, the main reason to get the chaos ship is for the Chaos captain who's Voice Lines are superb! 

I smell heresy here!

• Haha 1

[HINON]
Members
13,282 posts
7 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

I smell heresy here!

QCNK40V.gif

• Haha 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,495 posts
3,829 battles
54 minutes ago, IN_GENERAL said:

I buy For Khorne!!! 

img%5D

• Haha 1