You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Roy_Batty_Nexus6

Game Penalties

26 comments in this topic

Members
48 posts
6,296 battles

I am unhappy with the way in-game penalties are applied. They are unfair and relative. Examples:

* A ship cuts your path, it crosses, before I launch torpedoes, they hit their ship, and they punish me ????

* A player from your team, does not help, the game voicotes you, steals boats, annoys you in the chat, and I say not nice things and the game punishes me for saying that and not him ... (?).

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 13

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,786 posts
21,696 battles

If you launch torpedoes into a teammate, you get punished for how your torpedoes cause teamdamage. You can't predict what your teammates will do, so don't launch torpedoes where teammates can run in to them.

Also, if you choose to be an offense a-hole in chat, you get what you deserve.

Problem exists between keyboard and chair.

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,131 posts
4,342 battles
26 minutes ago, capitan_philip said:

I am unhappy with the way in-game penalties are applied. They are unfair and relative. Examples:

* A ship cuts your path, it crosses, before I launch torpedoes, they hit their ship, and they punish me ????

So you launched torps after passed in front of you and are mad because you got punished for torping him? Your torps, your responsibility. It's your responsibility to ensure there is no possible way your torps could hit a friendly. Sometimes that means you can't take a shot. Tough, you're not the only person in the game. Accidents happen sure, but take responsibility, move on, and make sure it doesn't happen again. But you made the decision to launch torps, so you have to accept all the consequences of that decision.

26 minutes ago, capitan_philip said:

* A player from your team, does not help, the game voicotes you, steals boats, annoys you in the chat, and I say: "fagot" or "[edited] you" ... and the game punishes me for saying that and not him ... (?).

Just because someone else is being an A-hole doesn't mean you have to. If it's blatant, report them and if they do it all the time WG will take action. Otherwise, learning to ignore random idiots is an important life skill in general, not only online.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[PEKO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,999 battles
43 minutes ago, capitan_philip said:

* A player from your team, does not help, the game voicotes you, steals boats, annoys you in the chat, and I say: "fagot" or "[edited] you" ... and the game punishes me for saying that and not him ... (?).

Reading this, there could be not enough punishment for you. Also: choice of words, I guess this post will be deleted soon and you get a forum ban.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
2,835 posts
15,055 battles

Yeah, really everything that needs to be said has

You fired them, you Own them.

'Stealing boats'? I assume you mean 'Kill stealing'. No such offense exists but in the minds of those who can't shoot quickly enough.

If someone says something 'offensive' in the chat, report him or pass it on to WG in a support ticket. You replying with the same offensive language isn't going to help you any and just get you chat banned as well.

giphy.gif

Members
103 posts
2,727 battles
47 minutes ago, Lert said:

Problem exists between keyboard and chair

Ahhh yes.  PEBKaC.  Oldie but a goodie.

I just turned pink this morning because I failed to account for a friendly on the other side of an enemy and torped him to the bottom.  I own my ordnance, my fault.  You own it from the moment it leaves your tubes or barrels until it comes to rest at the end of its trajectory.  I suggest you reach out to Grandpa who should have taught you this.

Life, and game chat, isn't Twitter.  You don't get to say whatever the hell you want without consequences.  If you harass people, you get smacked down.  If you don't, turn yourself into Mom so she may administer the appropriate spanking with a wooden spoon until you figure that out.

[-1]
Members
813 posts
11,806 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Also, if you choose to be an offense a-hole in chat, you get what you deserve.

I get chat ban a couple of times per year, banned for a week right now. Do I swear all the time? No. What happens is that sometimes after a few losses someone triggers me and I just say something like 'you are X' where X is one of the words we all use to describe stupid people. What's most annoying is that WG doesn't bother to explain what exactly I said wrong, so I'm just assuming that that's what happens. Maybe I outplayed someone and that guy reported me this way? Or I was begging someone to cap B and the guy reported me because he didn't agree? I just don't know.

Anyway--this was the second strike against WG's behavior (after pathetic handling of CV rework). So now I've banned WG from receiving any more money from my wallet. I know, that's not much, but at least it gives me satisfaction.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,786 posts
21,696 battles
Just now, dimzzy said:

What's most annoying is that WG doesn't bother to explain what exactly I said wrong,

Needs more than 'a few' reports over multiple games to chat ban someone.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,498 posts
11,072 battles

I was battling a Bismarck while in the Alabama the other night in a Coop match when a DD launched torps from the other side the Bis. It was at that moment that I sunk the Bis with a broadside salvo and it immediately stopped and the torps all missed (much like Yuro's video when he was in the Yoshino) with two of them then hitting me as obviously could not dodge at basically point-blank range, but nonetheless got raged at for getting in the way....I think that he/she must have had prior friendly hits/kills as I did not take that much damage (it was the Bama) but he/she still turned pink....

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,902 battles
2 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

Reading this, there could be not enough punishment for you. Also: choice of words, I guess this post will be deleted soon and you get a forum ban.

This.

Maybe you should edit your post before you face a ban in both forum and game.

[WORX]
Members
13,286 posts
20,135 battles
2 hours ago, capitan_philip said:

SHHHH!

I have done far worse, I have said far worse... You know what is the secret ?

• Consistency
    • OR How many times in a row you do the toxic behavior...
  • How long
    • Meaning if you're toxic ALL the time... You deserve it...

So far, I been lucky with my torp aiming...

I only insult people in CV matches... So far, I like this arrangement because, the punishment is not that bad (which is a rare event..)

Just because you're "unhappy," others don't agree with your argument... Things are good as they are... No change is needed...

Just fix yourself OP and all will be good.

[-1]
Members
813 posts
11,806 battles
17 minutes ago, Lert said:

Needs more than 'a few' reports over multiple games to chat ban someone.

I guess it would be more than 'a few' other several months...

And again--I tried to appeal but there are no comments whatsoever. The system is quite obscure.

[KJHWK]
Banned
122 posts

As Solzhenitsyn says, "Everyone is guilty of something, comrade." 

Chin up and bear it, Capitaine :)

• Cool 1

[-1]
Members
813 posts
11,806 battles
1 hour ago, dimzzy said:

I guess it would be more than 'a few' other several months...

And again--I tried to appeal but there are no comments whatsoever. The system is quite obscure.

Actually I have a suggestion (hey @Hapa_Fodder): if chat ban requires more than a few violations how about preemptively telling user right inside the game client that if he continues like that the chat ban will be applied soon?

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,653 battles
4 hours ago, capitan_philip said:

* A player from your team, does not help, the game voicotes you, steals boats, annoys you in the chat, and I say not nice things and the game punishes me for saying that and not him ... (?).

Aloha,

Mean no offense by this at all, but only YOU are responsible for the ordinance you send down range. This is why having situational awareness of who is around you is VERY important. "There is no such thing as friendly fire"

That being said, we give you ample warnings for mistakes, because, well they occur! You need to remember that if you are in say a DD, you stop and go and turn far faster than a BB or cruiser, and sometimes if you drop torpedoes and even if someone sees them, they can't always turn to avoid them.

Furthermore, what you say in chat, well that falls under our chat rules. When it comes to chat, if you say something not so good (and I edited what you put in your OP because it was technically also a forum violation), then you are at fault, not the person you direct said message at.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,653 battles
4 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

Actually I have a suggestion (hey @Hapa_Fodder): if chat ban requires more than a few violations how about preemptively telling user right inside the game client that if he continues like that the chat ban will be applied soon?

Being chat banned can be ONE word or a wall of text... how long that ban lasts is up to the level of the violations....  so this would not necessarily work.

How do you keep from getting chat banned? STOP saying bad things in chat.....

You have to put effort into typing out expletives, so that is a pure choice to violate our EULA....  that players effort can be placed better towards concentrating on their own game play and not blowing chat up...

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts

Sh_T Happens OP

My teammate was caught in hid HALLAND as we were capping.. He was focused.  He Notsered into the island and was dead meat.

I rammed him full speed to break him free while dumping smoke in my Gearing.  Guns firing made the CL back off, he lived and gave huge thanks!

I got a penalty and warning from WG.

It was worth it!

Sh-t Happens.

BTW I ONLY report Team damage when the offender does not say sorry.

• Cool 1

[--O--]
Members
994 posts
4 hours ago, capitan_philip said:

* A ship cuts your path, it crosses, before I launch torpedoes, they hit their ship, and they punish me ???? YOU LAUNCHED YOUR FAULT

* A player from your team, does not help, the game voicotes you, steals boats, annoys you in the chat, and I say not nice things and the game punishes me for saying that and not him ... (?). TURN OFF CHAT AND GO TO CO-OP

Sorry cant say anything else might hurt your wittle feelings

• Cool 1

Members
48 posts
6,296 battles

How easily do you criticize another user ... They all put themselves in the role of judge. They are ashamed. It is obvious that you are not saints.

• Haha 1
  • Meh 3

Members
48 posts
6,296 battles

On the other hand, we know that it is a game that promotes violence. Which leads the boys to "kill in a virtual simulation". So don't come up with those silly rules, doing the right ones. We know that the only thing that matters to them is money.

• Boring 2

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
18,990 battles

In regards to taking damage from a friendly I don't even worry about it anymore. Generally I get a "sorry mate" or whatever and everyone moves on. It's a game where your team is trying their best to kill the other team, all good. If the offending player starts raging then they might get a negative karma hit or something. Honestly though nobody controls those torpedoes once they leave your ship so always use caution. We all go pink here and there because accidents happen but take responsibility for your actions and it all works out. 

Now, as far as salty in chat goes everyone has bad streaks and everyone starts to get annoyed during those streaks. But, just because someone is acting like a child, doesn't mean you have to lower yourself to their level. Be an adult and take the high road, even if inwardly you're thinking this.........

take the high road meme - Google Search | Haha funny, Ecards funny ...

[KMS]
Beta Testers
350 posts
18,257 battles

KILL STEALING?

this is a team sport,

but someone who does not shoot when they can and waits till someone else does the work and then shoots and grabs the kill is stealing and it is not sportsmanship

also since xp is mostly damage (and caps) they are lowering their own score by not shooting.

TEAM DAMAGE

against real people, say your sorry, stuff happens say your sorry even if the other was half at fault, (like when your obviously getting ready to torp from your smoke and a guy cuts around your firing side (a pet peeve) or like the time I was shooting away and a guy cuts around my bow from behind and turns back down my firing side...scrapping my hull..eating my shots before I could stop shooting. I got pinked

just say your sorry even if your not and you want to call him names...keeps the game nicer. (players are not as nice as when this game was in beta)

Team damage against bots, green bots must be programed to move to block your shots and eat your torps, Red bots see your torps at launch but green bots turn into them or back up? 95% time I get pinked its from a green bot.

Best rule for torping , don't launch with teammates down range, they need to be able to turn freely, (why should they die just so you can torp)

the big problem with the internet is that you don't know who your cussing out. Even in this game it could be a 10 yr girl or a 70 yr old great grandfather. 

Most belief systems recognize this opens the window to bad things into your life, some call it karma...some just setting forces into motion, laugh if you want, at 70 I have seen it. If nothing else, being mad all the time will effect your health as you get older.. AND rob yourself of enjoying life.

If you have something worth saying it can be said in a civilized manner that will not get you risking a ban or high blood pressure .

[-1]
Members
813 posts
11,806 battles
16 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Being chat banned can be ONE word or a wall of text... how long that ban lasts is up to the level of the violations....  so this would not necessarily work.

How do you keep from getting chat banned? STOP saying bad things in chat.....

You have to put effort into typing out expletives, so that is a pure choice to violate our EULA....  that players effort can be placed better towards concentrating on their own game play and not blowing chat up...

-Hapa

I just imagined the scene where a soccer match ended and a group of angry fans discuss the loss. Suddenly Hapa_Fodder appears between them and says "guys, there is no need to use these strong words, it's just a game! your goalkeeper is blind but that's fine--we are here to have fun, right?" I'd love to see what will happen next.